Should I get a DSi XL (in exchange for a DSi and Wii)?

Should I go for it?

• Get the XL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep all!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hardly play my Wii anymore (last game I played with it was Mario Galaxy 1 and I just feel that the Wii has lost its touch now. The DSi, well I love it, but I hate the sucky battery life and the XL is really, REALLY tempting. Should I go for it?

Also, for the people who would recommend me to do so, I got a few Q's:

1) Can I trasfer my DSiWare purchases?
2) Are the different colours just aesthetic changes? No special features whatsoever (color X has more battery life than the other colours)?
3) I'm planning to get the Mario anniv. bundle...I'm also tempted by the other colours (green, blue and yellow)...what should I do?

And no, I'm not gonna wait for the 3DS. I'm gonna go out with a limb and NOT go with the first version. I'll wait for a 3DSLite or something like that.
smile.gif

Thanks

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried the newer Wii Games? The Wii has really stepped its game up, Donkey Country Returns [no more bongo crap], Mario Galaxy 2 [milestones better than the first], and Kirby's Epic Yarn just to name a few. There's also No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros Wii... At least give those a try.

Honestly, I'd say no. It sounds like a rip off. Wii + DSi for DSi XL? No way.

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
R2DJ said:
I hardly play my Wii anymore (last game I played with it was Mario Galaxy 1 and I just feel that the Wii has lost its touch now. The DSi, well I love it, but I hate the sucky battery life and the XL is really, REALLY tempting. Should I go for it?

Also, for the people who would recommend me to do so, I got a few Q's:

1) Can I trasfer my DSiWare purchases?
2) Are the different colours just aesthetic changes? No special features whatsoever (color X has more battery life than the other colours)?
3) I'm planning to get the Mario anniv. bundle...I'm also tempted by the other colours (green, blue and yellow)...what should I do?

And no, I'm not gonna wait for the 3DS. I'm gonna go out with a limb and NOT go with the first version. I'll wait for a 3DSLite or something like that.
smile.gif

Thanks
1 no
2 all colours have the same features and battery life
3 if you have enough money 2 buy a dsi xl and a game apart from each other then dont buy the annniv bundle
(feel free to correct my english)

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you lived in Phoenix, AZ I would have done it. I have the 25th Aniv. XL and love it! I can play GS3 for hours before even one power bar drops, but my Wii just died and I really want to play DKC:R. But, yeah you will enjoy an XL more than the DSi itself, plus the bigger screens are way better.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SaltyDog said:
If you lived in Phoenix, AZ I would have done it. I have the 25th Aniv. XL and love it! I can play GS3 for hours before even one power bar drops, but my Wii just died and I really want to play DKC:R. But, yeah you will enjoy an XL more than the DSi itself, plus the bigger screens are way better.

He also has to give up his Wii, not just the DSi.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I would be you I would sell the Wii, for I don't know 100? and sell the DSi for 90? and keep the 10 from the anni bundle!!? unless you dont care for saving...
lecture.gif

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
DSi XL is better than DSi, but I wouldn't give a Wii and a DSi (same thing, just smaller screens and battery life) to get it. I have a case for my DSi that has a battery in it, which doubles my DSi's life, so I guess maybe I wouldn't like DSi as much if I didn't have it... But really. It's still a DSi, and I'd rather keep that in addition to a Wii, then give both away to get an XL. Wii has some good games that you should try. But,
1) Yes, you can transfer purchases if you send in both systems to Nintendo, if you contact them. I think. I know they've done it, but I don't know if they do it regularly, for free, or if they do it all. So that could be a prob.
2) Duh, they are just different coulors.
3) But, if you get one, I'd get the Mario one!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're gonna exchange the wii and DS, why the hell wouldn't you just wait the 3 months or so for the 3DS? plus, the DSIXL is just for older people that can't see the regular DS screen well anyway. there's not gonna be a 3DS lite, its already as thin as the DSi and DS lite, do you really want anything thinner that anyway? There may eventually be a 3DSXL, but again, the bigger screen is just for folks with bad vision, I mean I definitely do not struggle playing my DSi at all, but hey, thats just me.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
If you're gonna exchange the wii and DS, why the hell wouldn't you just wait the 3 months or so for the 3DS? plus, the DSIXL is just for older people that can't see the regular DS screen well anyway. there's not gonna be a 3DS lite, its already as thin as the DSi and DS lite, do you really want anything thinner that anyway? There may eventually be a 3DSXL, but again, the bigger screen is just for folks with bad vision, I mean I definitely do not struggle playing my DSi at all, but hey, thats just me.
I disagree with your statement. While DSi XL was targeted at senior people, it doesn't mean you have to be old to use DSi XL. Plus bigger screens DO make a difference in gameplay experience. Get a DSi XL if you don't believe me.

I personally think it is a bad deal to exchange DSi + Wii for a DSi XL, but if you don't play Wii that much, you might as well do it.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you would be getting a good deal if you have to give both a dsi and wii for an xl, especially since the price of the Xl went down. If you do decide you want to get rid of them both for an Xl then at least get the Mario anniversary edition, this way it may be worth some money one day. But like others have said if you don't like the Wii then go and try some of the newer games out for it, Epic Mickey may be one of the greatest games I have played on the Wii in 2 years.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
duffmmann said:
I disagree with your statement. While DSi XL was targeted at senior people, it doesn't mean you have to be old to use DSi XL. Plus bigger screens DO make a difference in gameplay experience. Get a DSi XL if you don't believe me.

I personally think it is a bad deal to exchange DSi + Wii for a DSi XL, but if you don't play Wii that much, you might as well do it.

I'm not saying that you have to be old for the DSiXL, I'm just saying that its really not all that useful, unless you really do have trouble viewing the regular DSi screen. My buddy has a DSiXl and I've used it a bunch, I admit that its nice to have a bigger screen, but its not nice enough for me to want to "upgrade" to it.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, the DSi XL is just a larger DSi hence the name.

I LIKE the larger screen so much I gladly turfed my DS lite for one.

But if you have a DSi all you are getting is a bigger screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.