Hardware Should i destroy my nintendo switch ?

Buurmanzz92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As of lately I've been having a lot of problems with my nintendo switch. Left joy con is drifting all the time, my usb-c won't output hdmi anymore and now sometimes my sd card reader is giving problems. I'm thinking of putting the hammer on it.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As of lately I've been having a lot of problems with my nintendo switch. Left joy con is drifting all the time, my usb-c won't output hdmi anymore and now sometimes my sd card reader is giving problems. I'm thinking of putting the hammer on it.
I think the more important is do you think you're privaledged enough to destroy your switch.

Boggles my mind that some people would do anything to have a switch and some others want to destroy a $300 machine for fun

Reactions: Buurmanzz92

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
even if you cant find someone to fix it up for a price your happy with, just sell it on Ebay, you should still get a decent price, for someone capable to fix all the problems you mention it's only like £5 in parts (although people looking to charge for the repair service, going rate would probably be about £50)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Or you know... you could send it to a guy to repair it?
Whoa! lets not get too hasty here. I, for one, would love to see some idiot destroy something that their parents bought for them. It would be nice to see it happen to some other parents for once.

Buurmanzz92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Left joy con price €55
Usb-c port repair at local shop €100
Micro sd reader €50 at repair shop
That's €205.. I can better buy a new one i think.. I have this console for 1year normal use .. this is just dissapointing

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know no such guy we're i live and my warranty is probably void because of the cfw usage.
Just restore your clean NAND backup (you did make one, right?) before sending it in.
Who tf** would pay 200 dollars for a half broken and banned nintendo switch
You might even get more than that. The JoyCons and dock/charger on their own are half the cost of the Switch.
Broken Switches (console only) tend to go for about $150 on eBay. And yours isn't broken, it still works in handheld mode.

I would probably sell the console, sell the dock/charger on its own, buy a new console, and keep the JoyCons. But if you don't want 2 sets of JoyCons you can sell those with the console, or on their own (but since both console and JoyCons are faulty it makes sense to sell them together I guess), still selling the dock/charger on its own for maximum profit. A lot of people want an extra dock/charger and Nintendo charges too much for them so they are in high demand.
The drifting is easy to fix, new sticks are $2.49 and no soldering is required to replace them. Or you can spray contact cleaner into the stick and move it around a bit which should help loosen up any dust or whatever that's causing the drift, but that may not last as long.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know no such guy we're i live and my warranty is probably void because of the cfw usage.
You have to differenciate a bit here. Sure you voided the waranty of the Software but not the waranty of the Hardware itself if you didnt open it. Nintendo would have to prove that your change to the Software directly caused the failure of the Hardware which is very hard of them. In my opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care