ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But what if DNS was in automatic already?
Then you don't have it. Skip that step

can someone please tell me how to run shiverbot i can not figure it out. visual studio keeps saying that i need a core but when i install it, it still says i need it
This is what you need: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-6.0.9-windows-x64-installer
You don't need Visual Studio. Read the main post, I put a tutorial section for a reason.

spacemeowx2

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Will seeds be in memory without internet access?

I have a banned Switch, and a hack-able Switch. To reduce the risk, I just want to mount my NAND via hekate, get the game save, then transfer it to the banned switch, and finally get the seeds via ShiverBot.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Will seeds be in memory without internet access?

I have a banned Switch, and a hack-able Switch. To reduce the risk, I just want to mount my NAND via hekate, get the game save, then transfer it to the banned switch, and finally get the seeds via ShiverBot.
yeah :)

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Whenever I try to put in my IP it says "error code 1" and won't let me do it. How could I fix this?

1. Make sure the Nintendo Switch and the work PC are on the same LAN.
(Even if the network is different, it is OK if the communication is possible in a private network environment. You can check by ping test through cmd terminal in Windows.)

2. Check if sys-botbase is installed in atmosphere.
(There must be no protocol using Port 6000.)

If this condition is insufficient, error code 1 is output.

Lievix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Been trying to get it working since yesterday with no avail; looks like it can't read the switch's RAM.
Here's the screen I'm getting, there are no populated values and most are also grayed out. Editing anything doesn't work. Gear seed finder always returns no result and the byte peeker always returns the same value with any address it's given:
1666022600871.png

1666022656311.png

Running FW 15.0.0 with the atmosphere 14.0 prerelease, tried even changing system language to english.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Been trying to get it working since yesterday with no avail; looks like it can't read the switch's RAM.
Here's the screen I'm getting, there are no populated values and most are also grayed out. Editing anything doesn't work. Gear seed finder always returns no result and the byte peeker always returns the same value with any address it's given:
View attachment 332378

View attachment 332379

Running FW 15.0.0 with the atmosphere 14.0 prerelease, tried even changing system language to english.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Because something else is accessing memory. Delete cheat files you may have for Splatoon 3.

Lievix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because something else is accessing memory. Delete cheat files you may have for Splatoon 3.
My bad, forgot to add that I both tried booting the game with L and checking atmosphere\contents\ folders; SPL3's folder (which is 0100C2500FC20000 right?) isn't present.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My bad, forgot to add that I both tried booting the game with L and checking atmosphere\contents\ folders; SPL3's folder (which is 0100C2500FC20000 right?) isn't present.
The "08 5B 02 A0" curse (I experienced that too :P) happens because something is interfering with sys-botbase, whether it's cheats, Edizon or something else. You'll have to disable mods or other stuff you could have, and try.

You might as well delete the entire atmosphere\contents folder and just leave the sys-botbase one.

Lievix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The "08 5B 02 A0" curse (I experienced that too :P) happens because something is interfering with sys-botbase, whether it's cheats, Edizon or something else. You'll have to disable mods or other stuff you could have, and try.

You might as well delete the entire atmosphere\contents folder and just leave the sys-botbase one.
This 'curse' definately rings a bell: since I've installed sys-botbase there have been random panics when overlays are opened. I should forward this to its dev, meanwhile I'll try puring contents.

Edit: or maybe I've got too many sysmodules heh

Reactions: Taishiro

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
In other news, post printer is 95% done (it works the first time and then it becomes glitchy. I need to research the click sequence response a little bit better. I think sys-botbase's own click semaphore is buggy because sending clickCancel kills every future button sequence).

1666024681849.png

Result:

Some lines had a 5 or 6-pixel (x-axis) mismatch so I will add a little more waiting between buttons.

Unless someone figures out where your drawing is stored in RAM, printing will take roughly ~60 minutes.
Cheat code makers, help me out here ٩(× ×)۶
But one good positive thing about this, is that it's arduino-less so it's still less hassle.
ETA for this update (which will be BETA btw), is probably tonight or tomorrow.

SaintEX

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
In other news, post printer is 95% done (it works the first time and then it becomes glitchy. I need to research the click sequence response a little bit better. I think sys-botbase's own click semaphore is buggy because sending clickCancel kills every future button sequence).

View attachment 332385

Result:

Some lines had a 5 or 6-pixel (x-axis) mismatch so I will add a little more waiting between buttons.

Unless someone figures out where your drawing is stored in RAM, printing will take roughly ~60 minutes.
But one good positive thing about this, is that it's arduino-less so it's still less hassle.

Looking forward to this excitedly haha. Thank you for your amazing effort :3

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Amazing progress thanks!

The other day i was actually able to have a printer working for Splatoon 3, after many tries
i used this:

https://github.com/aveao/splork

which is made by https://twitter.com/warnvod
The tutorial is based on Linux which i don't have, i have windows, so i used VMware-player + a Xubuntu -22.04.1 iso file and
no problem

I used this image:

chainsaw-man-14.jpg

and got it like this:

SWITCH23.jpg

It did not skip lines, so maybe Ave the creator of this printer knows where your drawing is stored in RAM?
MOST likely I just said nonsense and Ram has nothing to do with this printer, but still :creep:

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It did not skip lines, so maybe Ave the creator of this printer knows where your drawing is stored in RAM?
MOST likely I just said nonsense and Ram has nothing to do with this printer, but still :creep:
Because these programs make the Switch believe a microcontroller board (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.) is a USB controller, and then the board presses a series of buttons automatically. It doesn't mess with memory or anything, it's just a controller pressing buttons on its own, like a robot :)

ShiverBot right now attempts to do the same but send the controller inputs over the network.
But the real breakthrough would be knowing where the drawing is located in memory, so you could inject it in its entirety in just a couple of seconds. I'm gonna try to find it during the weekend but looks like I'll have to immerse inside game files.

Post automatically merged:

Does this work with USB-Botbase? Because I just want to find my gear's seeds.
No but it's completely safe to connect to it with sys-botbase and just view memory. The program won't edit anything unless you change something, so you're fine just viewing.

Post automatically merged:

Update v1.3-beta is out.
Download link https://github.com/supremetakoyaki/ShiverBot/releases/tag/v1.3-beta
As requested by @SONGBIRD, I included addresses for Korean language so the program now works if you run the game in Korean.

Another change for those still dealing with error: 0 and error: 1; you should get a more detailed error now (with actual readable text).

Last edited by Taishiro,

Bokoblin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for this, working great.

Hadn't tinkered with CFW in a while and decided to reinstall atmosphere to check this out. Working well currently with not much extra pre-caution taken other than using from game lobby on sysnand - clean CFW so no cheats etc enabled, just sys-botbase added after setup.

Had a few glitches where the ability chunk value stopped updated after spending on gear upgrade, but restarting game and reconnecting fixed and loaded the correct number. I guess temporarily leaving the lobby changed something in the memory which caused an issue. Also had one or two communication errors while talking to Murch but doesn't seem to be any negative consequence yet.

Definitely makes me a bit nervous seeing the game save two or three times in a row sometimes, sending value changes for abilities and money to servers. But it would be a lot of effort for N to analyse that data to find save transactions where money increased a significant amount within a few seconds, without specific bannable evidence of like a match replay would provide.

This mod isn't really negatively impacting other players experience or changing multiplayer at all. Maybe you could argue gear becomes more accessible but it's no different to versing players that grinded or rolled for good gear and actually kind of levels the playing field slightly in ranked when you don't have the personal time to grind for chunks.

Reactions: Taishiro

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thanks!! just sent something on ko-fi

I tested with 4 images, sometimes one or two lines of pixels gets misaligned, sometimes not and the picture comes out perfect

When i tried this one:
testcard.png

The final lines on the right did not get printed, the program disconnected right before the end
But as you mentioned it is still in beta and pretty amazing work so far! :yay:

As for the misplaced pixels, apparently this is a "bug" in every splatoon 3 printer i saw but not because of the printers themselves but because of the game, there are some stability issues with the inputs, let's hope they will get fixed in the next update of the game

But nothing that a quick manual cleanup can't fix, usually only 2 lines of pixels after all

Last edited by EvilBakura,

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
As for the misplaced pixels, apparently this is a "bug" in every splatoon 3 printer i saw but not because of the printers themselves but because of the game, there are some stability issues with the inputs, let's hope they will get fixed in the next update of the game

But nothing that a quick manual cleanup can't fix, usually only 2 lines of pixels after all
Setting the wait time between button press to 128ms makes the picture come completely perfect but it takes a full 2 hours to print. That's why I made it modifiable :P

coffepng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello! still new here, but I'm running into an issue with connecting to my IP address. When I try to connect I get the failed to connect to IP address error. I've double checked the address, tried the latest ShiverBot, and made sure the port is open through my switch. I'm still getting the error message when I try to connect, anything I'm missing with sysbot?

Loukus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which net frameworks are required? I cannot open shiverbot, it asks if I want to install the missing ones but nothing happends

Edit: the download link is broken

Last edited by Loukus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1