ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

Kaethela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wish I knew this earlier because I gave myself a lot of ability chunks, ranging from 300 to 400 in random numbers. this could be the end of me. unless Nintendo doesn't care for some reason like they did in splatoon 2, but I doubt they're lenient on it now. oh well, at least I had fun with a lot of quick respawn gear lol.
Keep us posted on if/when you get banned, would love to know if they crack down on this.

Reactions: Mimi96

DanB06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm having a similar issue to someone else who posted in here. Whenever I attempt to connect I get "Error 1." I have shiverbot in a dedicated folder with all the contents from the .zip, I have sys-bootbase on the root and I confirmed that everything in my switch sd is exactly how it looks in the .zip for that. My IP address is the same on the internet tab as it is for sys-dvr set to off. I'm using WinSCP to move files, is that an issue? Do I need to update to 15.0.0? I'm in the lobby / training room where you can purchase food before matches and such, did I read it wrong? Do I need to be in the square? Plz respond asap. Thank you!

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I just pushed a new update :) Table turf mode is done.

xdHpPwC.png

I don't think there's much to do, but I can research the drawing posts thing.
While injecting an image to RAM will take me a bit to figure out (I consider myself noobish in this), there's another possibility:

Sys-botbase allows for simulating controller inputs, so it'd be the same thing the post printer allows you to do, with the difference that you won't need an Arduino.
Injecting the image would be instant and printing would take 20—30 minutes. I'll see my options :)
Post automatically merged:

Hi I'm having a similar issue to someone else who posted in here. Whenever I attempt to connect I get "Error 1." I have shiverbot in a dedicated folder with all the contents from the .zip, I have sys-bootbase on the root and I confirmed that everything in my switch sd is exactly how it looks in the .zip for that. My IP address is the same on the internet tab as it is for sys-dvr set to off. I'm using WinSCP to move files, is that an issue? Do I need to update to 15.0.0? I'm in the lobby / training room where you can purchase food before matches and such, did I read it wrong? Do I need to be in the square? Plz respond asap. Thank you!
Error: 1 means the program cannot find the IP address and port in the network area, so it can't connect to it. sys-botbase uses the port 6000, so make sure nothing else is using that port on your Switch.

Most importantly: connect to the same Wi-Fi, same band. Your PC and your Switch.
Do not update to 15.0.0 because atmosphere hasn't been updated yet.

DanB06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way for me to check if something is using port 6000? All I could find was setting up port forwarding (which I did try and which did not work). Sorry if this is really obvious, I'm not very tech savvy.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any way for me to check if something is using port 6000? All I could find was setting up port forwarding (which I did try and which did not work). Sorry if this is really obvious, I'm not very tech savvy.
I actually doubt anything is using that port, so make sure your IP address is the one you get from this tab:
1665679156753.png

I'd delete sys dvr just in case is interfering and trying again. Check if you have other conflicting modules too.

DanB06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have it working and am able to change the chunk values and money, but after I click save and try to leave, I get a communication error, and then my game resets the values to what they were at first. Am I doing this wrong?

Edit: Had Auto Update on. Turned it off and it worked perfect! Thank you so much!

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So I have it working and am able to change the chunk values and money, but after I click save and try to leave, I get a communication error, and then my game resets the values to what they were at first. Am I doing this wrong?

Edit: Had Auto Update on. Turned it off and it worked perfect! Thank you so much!
See the tutorial part I put in the post

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think there's much to do, but I can research the drawing posts thing.
While injecting an image to RAM will take me a bit to figure out (I consider myself noobish in this), there's another possibility:

Sys-botbase allows for simulating controller inputs, so it'd be the same thing the post printer allows you to do, with the difference that you won't need an Arduino.
Injecting the image would be instant and printing would take 20—30 minutes. I'll see my options :)
Thanks for the table turf update and for the research on the drawing stuff!

For Splatoon 3 im currently trying the Splork method with a Raspberry pi pico, however the tutorial is based on linux and i have windows so im messing around with installing ubuntu on the VMware virtual machine lol, could not get it to work yet but im getting there

Having Shiverbot being able to do this without all this hassle would be amazing :rofl2: Good luck! :yay:

celsiusnarhwal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not update to 15.0.0 because atmosphere hasn't been updated yet.
Atmosphère 1.4.0, which is compatible with version 15.0.0 of the Nintendo Switch system software, is in pre-release as of yesterday. You can download it from the project's GitHub repository now or wait until it exits pre-release, but updating your Switch to 15.0.0 no longer precludes you from using ShiverBot.

Reactions: Taishiro

squidgame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need some help here! When I launch up Atmo CFW, it says I need to download 'necessary data' in Splatoon 3, even though it doesn't require me to do this if I just play normally. Am I safe to go through with the download, or will I get banned for using online to download?

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I made a program that allows you to cheat in Splatoon 3 easily using sys-botbase :)

Please note that what this program will support are only harmless cheats such as money, food/drink tickets, ability chunks, and (in the future), tableturf against AI.

It is always risky to edit stuff in this game, so don't think it's 100% safe.

Money, gear chunks and tickets have proven to have a very tiny risk (12+ days without being banned as for myself, and several weeks as for other people). Editing these was also safe back in Splatoon 2.
As usual, you are 100% responsible if you use it.

Current features:
- Includes addresses for version 1.1.2 of the game.
- Edit money
- Edit ability chunks
- Edit food and drink tickets.
- New: search for your gear's RNG seed (this is actually safe because you're just viewing it)
- New: tableturf

I included an advanced mode for debugging (sorta like Edizon memory viewer). Beware of an increased ban risk if you change something else other than the included features.
WpC7khW.png

8ItDfs1.png

xdHpPwC.png

Link: https://github.com/supremetakoyaki/ShiverBot

A small tutorial, copy-pasted from the readme I posted on github:
is it possible to make a usb-botbase of this? just asking for tableturf so ik u can play it offline

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Need some help here! When I launch up Atmo CFW, it says I need to download 'necessary data' in Splatoon 3, even though it doesn't require me to do this if I just play normally. Am I safe to go through with the download, or will I get banned for using online to download?

Are you launching Atmosphere on sysmmc or emummc?

I use sysmmc, it is safe if you don't have pirated games installed, what else you got installed? Just homebrew? If so it is fine

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.

You have to setup an EMUMMC on your switch if you want to go online with cfw.
Can I go online using exosphere file in sd card? It seems to hide my console id changing it to something like XX0000000

Last edited by QCLasky,

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I go online using exosphere file in sd card? It seems to hide my console id changing it to something like XX0000000
no. blanking out your serial number will prevent you from connecting online. you should only be using exosphere for emuMMC when you wanna blank prodinfo so you dont get banned from pirating games while keeping sysMMC clean from piracy

arsenicbiologist1091

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how did you get it working? it still says error: 1 for me

Ok so, when my switch is off it just says "failed to connect to IP address" or something, i turn it on and load into the training room, try again and it says "Error: code 1"

I already tried pinging my IP through the command terminal with zero issues, what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by arsenicbiologist1091,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no. blanking out your serial number will prevent you from connecting online. you should only be using exosphere for emuMMC when you wanna blank prodinfo so you dont get banned from pirating games while keeping sysMMC clean from piracy
I have emunand but there is nothing installed, my major use is on ofw (original games), but when I load sysnand with atmosphere the console id is blank as well. How can I change it?

Last edited by QCLasky,

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
how did you get it working? it still says error: 1 for me

Ok so, when my switch is off it just says "failed to connect to IP address" or something, i turn it on and load into the training room, try again and it says "Error: code 1"

I already tried pinging my IP through the command terminal with zero issues, what am i doing wrong?
Expected to be a session issue between Shiver Bot and Nintendo Switch.
Is your Nintendo Switch using CFW?
Shiver Bot establishes a session with sys-botbase on Port 6000. sys-botbase must be installed in the environment where CFW operates. Also, make sure that Port 6000 is being occupied by another protocol being used on the Nintendo Switch.

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, might need some guidance on this.

Right now I believe I have everything setup properly, but upon putting my Switch IP address into Shiverbot, I get the following error messages:

"error: no addresses for this version loaded"
"error the game is not Splatoon 3. Received title ID is 100C2500FC200000"

Anyone know who to remedy either of these?

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, might need some guidance on this.

Right now I believe I have everything setup properly, but upon putting my Switch IP address into Shiverbot, I get the following error messages:

"error: no addresses for this version loaded"
"error the game is not Splatoon 3. Received title ID is 100C2500FC200000"

Anyone know who to remedy either of these?
The program is receiving an extra 0 at the end of the title ID, and skipping the first 0. I wouldn't really know what's causing this because it's the first time I see it. It's on sys-botbase's end... try restarting your Switch? :unsure:
Check if you don't have active cheat files too, and remove overlays in case something is messing it up.

By the way, are you on the newest (pre-release) atmosphere by chance? I know 14.0.0 broke sys-botbase when it came out, so maybe something changed in 15.0.0 too (I still don't update my Switch and haven't gotten feedback related to that)

is it possible to make a usb-botbase of this? just asking for tableturf so ik u can play it offline
I won't make it, unfortunately :( because I am not interested in it; but someone else can fork it and code it. 100% possible.
A workaround would be to use 90DNS to not connect to the game online, while still being on your home network so you could use the program.

GlakeGG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program is receiving an extra 0 at the end of the title ID, and skipping the first 0. I wouldn't really know what's causing this because it's the first time I see it. It's on sys-botbase's end... try restarting your Switch? :unsure:
Check if you don't have active cheat files too, and remove overlays in case something is messing it up.

By the way, are you on the newest (pre-release) atmosphere by chance? I know 14.0.0 broke sys-botbase when it came out, so maybe something changed in 15.0.0 too (I still don't update my Switch and haven't gotten feedback related to that

I may have accidentally added an extra zero, but yeah if one at the start is missing that's a bit odd.

I am actually on the pre-release version atmosphere/15.0. I figured that probably had something to do with it. No active cheats/overlays are installed nor have I ever installed any afaik. Sucks because I couldn't even launch Splatoon 3 on my hacked Switch without updating the firmware.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1