ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey everyone, I made a program that allows you to read the RAM in Splatoon 3 using sys-botbase :)

IMPORTANT:
Prior to version 1.2.0 of the game, ShiverBot allowed editing money, ability chunks and food tickets amounts.
Because of the recent banwave that happened on October 25, 2022, where most people who edited these got banned, these features have been removed.

The Gear Seed Viewer and the Post Printer remain, as they do not write to RAM and are perfectly safe.

Features:
- search for your gear's RNG seed
- post printer

Features removed following the October 25th banwave:
- Edit money
- Edit ability chunks
- Edit food and drink tickets.
- tableturf

Link: https://github.com/supremetakoyaki/ShiverBot

A small tutorial, copy-pasted from the readme I posted on github:

Preparations

• You need to have a Nintendo Switch console running Atmosphere CFW.
  • Get sys-botbase from here. You just need the .zip. Extract the contents in the root of your SD card.
  • Delete any active Splatoon 3 cheats files you may have in atmosphere/contents/... in your SD card. This is a very important step or sys-botbase won't be able to read memory.
  • Do not run Edizon homebrew or anything else that makes modifications to the RAM (having the overlay is fine, just don't have any cheat files for the game).

Tutorial

1. Enter your Nintendo Switch IP and click connect.

Troubleshooting

• If you can't open the program because you're missing frameworks for .NET, download and install this. In case the link breaks in the future, this is the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime.
  • Make sure you're running the game in English (US or EU). Other languages are known to have differences in memory addresses.
  • If you can't connect to sys-botbase, follow this external guide for advice.

Last edited by Taishiro,

Estella_McLaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you are god I was looking for a script like this.
I'm looking forward to implementing View gear rolling seeds.
I'll be expecting!

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
1665408502292.png

When I connect to SP3 through the bot, I see data different from the actual game on the screen.
Some items are also disabled.
After editing the value, there is no change in the game even if I click the save button.

Am I doing something wrong?
Atmosphère is using 1.3.2, pasted the sys-botbase into the directory specified.

Thank you very much.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
When I connect to SP3 through the bot, I see data different from the actual game on the screen.
Some items are also disabled.
After editing the value, there is no change in the game even if I click the save button.

Am I doing something wrong?
Atmosphère is using 1.3.2, pasted the sys-botbase into the directory specified.

Thank you very much.
Hey there. Did you get an error message? Also, did you delete any cheat files you may have for Splatoon 3?
Something is interfering with sys-botbase's ability to read/write to memory. It might be a cheat file, or a Tesla overlay. Try deleting those.

Reactions: simcity4japan

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hey there. Did you get an error message? Also, did you delete any cheat files you may have for Splatoon 3?
Something is interfering with sys-botbase's ability to read/write to memory. It might be a cheat file, or a Tesla overlay. Try deleting those.
There were no error messages. I deleted all cheat and overlay apps.
Are there any pre-steps for running sys-botbase? I didn't do anything other than paste sys-botbase into the specified directory.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

SONGBIRD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Try following this troubleshooting guide: https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET/wiki/Troubleshooting-Connection-Errors
It's not for this program specifically but works for sys-botbase in general.
Network is no problem. Nintendo Switch and my PC are on the same LAN. If I change the IP field of ShiverBot arbitrarily, an error message pops up. (ping test is ok with cmd terminal)
Also, I saw that an error message pops up when I arbitrarily modify the ShiverBot-related directory on the SD card.
I have troubleshooted for every count of cases where I can take action, but to no avail.

You gave me the editor I really want, but it's so sad that I can't use it. ha ha ha
But thank you so much for making this editor. I hope other people can enjoy the game easily and fun with your ShiverBot.

I have one question. After booting with CFW Sys-nand, is it correct to connect ShiverBot while connected to Splatoon 3 lobby (Online)?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Network is no problem. Nintendo Switch and my PC are on the same LAN. If I change the IP field of ShiverBot arbitrarily, an error message pops up. (ping test is ok with cmd terminal)
Also, I saw that an error message pops up when I arbitrarily modify the ShiverBot-related directory on the SD card.
I have troubleshooted for every count of cases where I can take action, but to no avail.

You gave me the editor I really want, but it's so sad that I can't use it. ha ha ha
But thank you so much for making this editor. I hope other people can enjoy the game easily and fun with your ShiverBot.

I have one question. After booting with CFW Sys-nand, is it correct to connect ShiverBot while connected to Splatoon 3 lobby (Online)?
There is something interfering with sys-botbase's access to memory because the editor is passing all checks. It even detects that you're in version 1.1.2 of the game,.
Try deleting all cheat files, overlays, LayeredFS mods if you have.
Try to delete atmosphere/contents/430000000000000B folder and then copy the .zip contents again.

Also yes, it's 100% safe to connect while in lobby because you're only viewing memory :) The risk begins when you edit something or write to memory.

Reactions: SONGBIRD

Kaethela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is really nifty! Any sort of ETA on viewing gear seeds? That's the sort of thing I most want to be able to do at the moment.

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for updating the tool to support seed for gear. Saves me the hassle of needing to use edizon se and memory viewer :D

Estella_McLaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Amazing. This program is working fine.
I would like to ask one thing, can I create a commentary article about this tool and publish it on my blog? (mainly for Japanese)

Reactions: Taishiro

HOliK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi I was experiencing the same problem, but found a solution.
If your switch is set to another language besides English it won't work.

Reactions: SONGBIRD

Rikaon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a possibility that you will be banned if you connect online with the CFW switch regardless of the content of the mods?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1