ROM Hack Question Is editing chunks (only chunks) on Splatoon 2 completely offline bannable?

theultikirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prelude: Hello, everyone. I would like some form of a definite answer. I have been searching on and off for months about this Splatoon 2 question. All I have seen are answers that go back and forth. I am not sure at all on this.

Last year, I thought my original Switch shorted out because it would not respond when I tried to turn it on. Got a new Switch before CV19 hit in March. Out of curiosity, I booted up my old Switch and it worked just fine. So now I have two Switches. My new Switch is not hackable, but my Day 1 Switch is. The only thing I desire to do to is hack a save in Splatoon 2 to give me more ability chunks to edit gear. I do not care about anything else.

My plan: create a new save file and level up some ways into the game (get gear, weapons, etc.) I do not want this Switch (to be factory restored) or account associated with my main one at all. Once I get some test gear, I will then turn off any form of online communication and hack the Day 1 Switch. I know of SplatHex and how it is discontinued and outdated. I have read some users have had success on editing chunks though. Others say Nintendo will be you immediately if you go online with an edited save file. I have an idea of what is dangerous to hack (levels, gear, weapons, etc). I only want to do chunks. I will be as cautious as I possibly can during this entire process.

Once I test my gear and the number of chunks, I will turn the CFW off by rebooting the system so that it boots into a non-hacked state. If I remember right, the editing of chunks is done in RAM and is then saved to the save file. So I need to know from the knowledge and experience of others, can the number of ability chunks needed for building gear in Splatoon 2, be edited? What are the low risks and high risks? Tell me everything you know. This is purely for educational purposes. Nothing else will be done on this Switch and the CFW will be turned off as soon as I am able to do so. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

JakieRAGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking from experience, you can

Idk why but maybe cuz you get them offline so Nintendo doesn't bother checking if they're legit but if you mod your money or level that's basically an insta ban

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prelude: Hello, everyone. I would like some form of a definite answer. I have been searching on and off for months about this Splatoon 2 question. All I have seen are answers that go back and forth. I am not sure at all on this.

Last year, I thought my original Switch shorted out because it would not respond when I tried to turn it on. Got a new Switch before CV19 hit in March. Out of curiosity, I booted up my old Switch and it worked just fine. So now I have two Switches. My new Switch is not hackable, but my Day 1 Switch is. The only thing I desire to do to is hack a save in Splatoon 2 to give me more ability chunks to edit gear. I do not care about anything else.

My plan: create a new save file and level up some ways into the game (get gear, weapons, etc.) I do not want this Switch (to be factory restored) or account associated with my main one at all. Once I get some test gear, I will then turn off any form of online communication and hack the Day 1 Switch. I know of SplatHex and how it is discontinued and outdated. I have read some users have had success on editing chunks though. Others say Nintendo will be you immediately if you go online with an edited save file. I have an idea of what is dangerous to hack (levels, gear, weapons, etc). I only want to do chunks. I will be as cautious as I possibly can during this entire process.

Once I test my gear and the number of chunks, I will turn the CFW off by rebooting the system so that it boots into a non-hacked state. If I remember right, the editing of chunks is done in RAM and is then saved to the save file. So I need to know from the knowledge and experience of others, can the number of ability chunks needed for building gear in Splatoon 2, be edited? What are the low risks and high risks? Tell me everything you know. This is purely for educational purposes. Nothing else will be done on this Switch and the CFW will be turned off as soon as I am able to do so. Correct me if I am wrong on any of this.
Any form of hacking can expose you to potentially getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello