zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey.

Editted Zarroboogs tool to Properly Encrypt/Decrypt SMTV:Vengeance Save files.

This fork is not compatible with saves from the original SMTV release.

Usage (powershell): ./smtv.saveutil.exe -i "location of save"

Link: https://github.com/zmbkilla/smtv.saveutil/releases/latest

EDIT[6/26]: Added bat files to the latest release [1.0.0].
  • Decrypt: Drag an encrypted save to decrypt it [GameSave01 -> GameSave01_dec]
  • Encrypt (overwrite): drag a decrypted save and overwrite the same file [GameSave01_dec -> GameSave01_dec]
  • Encrypt (Backup): drag a decrypted save and create a new file [GameSave01_dec -> GameSave01_dec_enc]

Last edited by zmbkilla,
Reactions: 2K417

Pj1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a spreadsheet to help with save editing. It's not complete there are some items and essences missing. It dose have stat addresses and skill and demon ids

Attachments

• Shin_Megami_Tensei_5_vengeance_.xls.zip
    231 KB · Views: 56

zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
no idea how to use this....everytime I open the program it closes
You have to open powershell in the directory containing the exe then run the command: (./smtv.saveutil.exe -i "location of save") *Remove the ( ). You can open powershell in the current folder by holding shift+ right mouse click then selecting open powershell window here

zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
do you have to encrypt the save file after editing to use or you can just use the decrypted save file?
You have to re-encrypt it after adding your changes. the saveutility creates the necessary checksum that the game reads when loading save files

Reactions: 2K417

Bodhei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to re-encrypt it after adding your changes. the saveutility creates the necessary checksum that the game reads when loading save files
How do you re-encrypt the file?
Post automatically merged:

How do you re-encrypt the file?

Bodhei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok sorry yeah should've seen that. Having an issue with renaming my guy though? Changing from this name to V Megaten but it for some reason uses the original name but just replaces the first and last letters??

Attachments

• name1.png
    name1.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 1
  • name2.png
    name2.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 3

zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh ok sorry yeah should've seen that. Having an issue with renaming my guy though? Changing from this name to V Megaten but it for some reason uses the original name but just replaces the first and last letters??
Hmm that is strange. Will check on that. Can you tell me what name you were trying to change to? -EDIT: figured out the problem. Editor was not wiping old name from save file. Will fix this and post a new release soon
Post automatically merged:

Added bat files to make using the tool a bit easier.

Last edited by zmbkilla,

ArkRID

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, first of all, thank you for your hard work.

Second, I apologize in advance for I am very very python program dumb but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that thing to decrypt my save, but all it returns is "Decryption failed, the file might not be a valid SMTV save".

Note: I used both Apollo extracted saves and PS4 regular export on USB. The name is indeed named "GameSave01" and I indeed use the Vengeance version you provided and not the regular "SMTV" version.

I once again apologize for the "newbie mistake", but I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, first of all, thank you for your hard work.

Second, I apologize in advance for I am very very python program dumb but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that thing to decrypt my save, but all it returns is "Decryption failed, the file might not be a valid SMTV save".

Note: I used both Apollo extracted saves and PS4 regular export on USB. The name is indeed named "GameSave01" and I indeed use the Vengeance version you provided and not the regular "SMTV" version.

I once again apologize for the "newbie mistake", but I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Try asking the guy from this post. Manged to get it to load on the ps4
https://gbatemp.net/threads/smtv-vengeance-save-editor.657461/post-10445925

ArkRID

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try asking the guy from this post. Manged to get it to load on the ps4
[link]
Hi, thanks for your reply. My issue was not to get it the save on ps4 but to decrypt the ps4 save file. I apologize if I wasn't clear. The save editor seems to require a decrypted save in the first place, that's what I'm trying to do.

zmbkilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, thanks for your reply. My issue was not to get it the save on ps4 but to decrypt the ps4 save file. I apologize if I wasn't clear. The save editor seems to require a decrypted save in the first place, that's what I'm trying to do.
Ah I see. Im guessing you are using Aogami. Can you tell me which version you used?

ArkRID

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. Im guessing you are using Aogami. Can you tell me which version you used?
I cannot really tell. I use 2 softwares, the ones you linked in the main post (that you linked to me in your reply) and the one at the top of this thread. So basically "SMTV-VSaveEditor" and Powershell with the "smtv.saveutil" tool. Is there any other information I can provide for you to help me ? Also, I hope I'm not like polluting the thread by making it about helping me, but I can go in DM if I do.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the save file from the Switch version on my JB ps4. I simply copy the ps4 save file using apollo save homebrew onto an ex hdd so I can see what the differences are. I renamed the switch save to megaton5.ps4.sav and just copy/paste over the original ps4 save. Then resigned/copy it back to the ps4 HDD via apollo homebrew. - This is a good solution if you want to import your progress or just use a save file with cheats on them.
Decrypting a ps4 save will require Save Wizard especially if its not jailbroken.

Reactions: ArkRID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol