Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster releases this May, confirmed for PC

D9F204FA-E60B-40CC-B1E0-920281DFD9FF.jpeg

Atlus has quietly confirmed a solid release date for the upcoming remaster of Shin Megami Tensei III for the Nintendo Switch. According to the weekly pre-order press release page for the European eShop, the game is locked in for launch on May 25th. While the western release was originally touted for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, another piece of news hints that the game might be landing on an additional platform. Both the North American and European classification boards, the ESRB and PEGI respectively, have rated Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster for release on Windows PC. For the most part, these ratings board leaks tend to be spot on, and it would follow Atlus’s and SEGA’s recent trend of bringing more games to PC as promised.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...The Internet? As for getting ISOs from disks I own, I don't have a clue. Especially since the PS2 doesn't exactly have USB slots, last I checked.

Dude, just put it in your PC or an external disc drive, and use ImgBurn to rip the disc.

Also, the PS2 does have USB slots...that are slow af since it's hardware from the dawn of the millennium. Apparently the Ethernet can be faster.

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,
D

Deleted User

...The Internet? As for getting ISOs from disks I own, I don't have a clue. Especially since the PS2 doesn't exactly have USB slots, last I checked.
The ps2 has usb ports, idk what you are talking about, there are guides on how to dump your own bios

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dude, just put it in your PC or an external disc drive, use ImgBurn to rip the disc.

Also, the PS2 does have USB slots...that are slow af since it's hardware from the dawn of the millennium. Apparently the Ethernet can be faster.
makes sense if you consider usb 1 was meant for peripherals more than data transfer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean, sure...even though you can play it already on PCSX2?

That has me wondering though; when it comes to these previously console exclusive games and their PC ports, is there a big difference visually, feature, and performance wise between the original version upscaled on an emulator, or are they neck and neck, just programmed to use different buttons prompts?
This is supposedly a full HD remaster, whereas with P4G they only really touched up all the 2D character portraits and UI elements. Still should've been $40 for the deluxe edition at most.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, to buy it for Switch or PC. I guess PC it is if Atlus is gonna port over all the SMT and Persona games eventually. Poor Switch was excluded from P4G, so who knows when or if the Persona series is coming to it at all.

Sony and Atlus are hellbent about it being "muh exclusivity" bullshit

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$50, really? When they launched P4G at $20? Adding the Switch tax to every platform probably isn't the smartest strategy...
Switch tax doesn't really apply here. P4G was a straight port with limited if any changes made to the vita game, while SMTIII has a few new features and is fully dubbed in multiple languages. I don't think it should be $50, but it at least makes sense that they would charge more than they did for Persona 4.

D

Deleted User

It has to be said, there were a lot of great Shin Megami Tensei titles for the PlayStation 2.

Technically, all of them have been available on a PC running a PlayStation 2 Emulator for several years now, and I've aired my complaints of how some games don't look as good on higher resolutions and sharper textures so Remakes will always earn my money over Remasters.

That said, I guess they've already given the PC Community official releases for everything on the PlayStation Vita, which eluded Emulation, so this is the next logical step in making cash from their existing IPs.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Switch tax doesn't really apply here. P4G was a straight port with limited if any changes made to the vita game, while SMTIII has a few new features and is fully dubbed in multiple languages. I don't think it should be $50, but it at least makes sense that they would charge more than they did for Persona 4.
Well, one thing I know they did was make Custom difficulty no longer a NG+-only thing, which is...quite helpful. And added non-Sony controller support, I guess. Resolution options too.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the price is quite exorbitant at the moment, I guess I will just wait for the price to drop. I already finished this game, collected all the magatamas, got all demons, got pierce, and beat lucifer with an ease anyway, there is almost nothing left to explore other than soloing a new game plus (which is the best thing ever)

Shahaan

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I just hope the western version doesn't have any of the issues present in the Japanese version in initial launch. Think most if not all the issues were addressed in the Japanese version.
And then Nyarlathotep will laugh when Persona 5R finally releases...for Switch 2/Super Switch!

Disc Locked Content. Feeling like you hit jackpot?

I mean, sure...even though you can play it already on PCSX2?

That has me wondering though; when it comes to these previously console exclusive games and their PC ports, is there a big difference visually, feature, and performance wise between the original version upscaled on an emulator, or are they neck and neck, just programmed to use different buttons prompts?

Hi-res Textures and new post processing effects, (proper) widescreen adjustments that won't stretch out anything left in 2D
'nuff said

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi-res Textures and new post processing effects, (proper) widescreen adjustments that won't stretch out anything left in 2D
'nuff said
:wtf:

I guess I should have been more clear. When I say the Japanese version, I was referring to the Japanese Remastered version which has the HD graphics and whatnot. But like I said in my original post, the Japanese Remastered version had a lot of issues in its initial launch.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*