Shin Megami Tensei V release date revealed through website leak

Shin_Megami_Tensei_V.png

As fans excitedly await the latest official news on Shin Megami Tensei V, Atlus may have just let some info slip earlier than intended. The Japanese official website for the game was updated with some new details, such as screenshots and story and character information, along with the game's release date, which will launch in Japan on November 11, 2021. While this was posted specifically on the Japanese site, it was revealed in a July 2020 Nintendo Partner Showcase that Shin Megami Tensei V would be releasing worldwide, meaning this date likely applies to the English localized version as well. Following the discovery of the update to the site, it was promptly taken down, as this was presumably going to be an announcement made at this year's E3, though not before everything had already been backed up and translated into English (courtesy of Persona Central).

Description
The latest mainline title in the Shin Megami Tensei series! Since Shin Megami Tensei‘s first release in 1992, the series has gained in popularity for its dark world view, anarchic scenarios, and original combat systems with demons and deities as allies.

Story / Character
The main character, a high school student living an ordinary life, wanders into another world called “Da’ath.” The hero fuses with a mysterious man and becomes a “Naobino,” a forbidden being, throwing himself into a battle between gods and demons.

Da’ath
In the mysterious world “Da’ath,” where desert is found all over, various gods and demons are scattered about, including demons as large as mountains and giant birds flying in the sky.

Demons
As you explore Da’ath, you’ll face over 200 demons.

In addition to familiar demons, several demons newly drawn by Masayuki Doi, the character designer of this title, will also appear.

System
Da’ath, an untamed land, is under attack by powerful demons. The protagonist clears his way through to pursue the truth. Make use of various means to advance, such as growing the power of Naobino and sometimes utilizing the power of the demons themselves.

The end of the game can diverge in many ways. What is the future you will choose?

Limited Edition
As this was only listed on the Japanese website, for now, there is no guarantee that this limited edition will be released outside of Japan.

Shin Megami Tensei V First Limited Edition “Forbidden Naobino box”

The first limited edition of Shin Megami Tensei V. This box condenses the game’s charm, packed with plenty of demons and music that embody Shin Megami Tensei V. It also includes an item resembling the hero Naobino, considered a “forbidden being” in the game.

List of Specs
  • Platform: Nintendo Switch
  • Genre: RPG
  • Release Date: November 11, 2021
  • Players: 1 person
  • Prices:
    • Standard Edition: 8,890 yen (9,878 yen including tax)
    • Limited Edition: 14,800 yen (16,280 yen including tax)
    • Digital version: 9,878 yen
  • CERO Rating: C (for ages 15 and up)

:arrow: Source: Official Website (backup screenshots can be found here)

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 20 Shin Megami Tensei 4's, 5 is actually gonna become a reality!

In all seriousness I do want to play the series one day.

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Well this pretty much confirms my wishes, I'll try to contain my hype until the official annoucement is made but, this is exciting news.

Been waiting for this since 2017. I literally started saving and bought my switch to play this game. The plot reminds me of Nocturne, protagonist becomes a supernatural being and a desert-like world. I'm interested in how will the part were the power of demons will be required to advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...