Hardware Shaw PVR Expander

Eddie_Brock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings, I am moments away from buying a HDPVR box, that comes with a specialized Western Digital 1TB eSATA hard drive. Does anyone have this already, and if so, have they tried partitioning it and using it for WBFS?

I would love to have a 1TB HD sitting in my entertainment center, 800gb dedicated to PVR capabilites, whilst the remaining 200gb sit available for Wii backups. If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. otherwise, I will post my results soon to let everyone else know.

Eddie_Brock

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After a bit of messing about, I'm putting this idea on hold until I find myself with a lot of time on my hands. In order to even test my theory, I would need to find a eSATA->USB adaptor cable, and potentially a eSATA 'splitter' so I could split the output from the HD to avoid cable-swapping.

Oh well, it seemed like a good idea... I will post again if I get any further.

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Generally having it hooked up to two separate drives can cause issues, but what works great for my is a KVM with usb capability and have one of the plugs be the drive. As long as your pvr can do usb then your golden. Not sure about using a esata to usb especially on a appliance as the drivers tend to be limited.

With my setup I have a 500GB WD drive that is 250GB for games and 250GB for storage. I also have a usb bluetooth usb keyboard/mouse in the other port so I just switch between my laptop and wii with the peripherals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: