sending in bricked softmodded wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sportsmaniac095, Nov 30, 2009.

Nov 30, 2009
  1. sportsmaniac095
    OP

Newcomer sportsmaniac095 Member

United States
    okay so i used any time deleter and deleted an ios on accident. I went to preloader and go to system menu and i cant go there, it shows the message"wii system files are corrupted" in distorted letters. For some reason now when i turn it on it just loads straight to the error message. My question is,if i send it to nintendo and they find out its softmodded, then will i be sued/in trouble or will they just send it back unfixed? I heard that the old wiis dont have this softmod checker that nintendo uses so i want to attempt sending it in.

thanks

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    yes your going to get sued [​IMG]

you still have preloader?

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Worst they'll do is charge you more for the repair. More than likely, they won't even look or attempt unbricking, but instead send you a refurbed wii.

Out of curiosity, can you get to preloader by holding RESET while powering on? If so, try entering HBC from preloader, and run the preloader installer again. If it still gives the error, check that system menu IOS is set to IOS50 (for 3.4 menu), IOS60 (for 4.0/4.1 menu), or IOS70 (for 4.2 menu).

4. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    it would be cheaper to get a new/second hand wii, also cant you acess preloader by holding reset?

5. hempin

Newcomer hempin Advanced Member

United States
    where do people get this "it's cheaper to get a new wii"..sounds crazy lmao..samething with hardmod.. if you still have preloader then you should be fine..if you have a all black screen and the power light is on, then you need to send to nintendo.if your gonna buy a new wii then sell me your old one for cheap..lmao

LMAO WITH XZXERO...good one

6. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    no sell it to me
    ill be nintendo in your case [​IMG]

7. sportsmaniac095
    OP

Newcomer sportsmaniac095 Member

United States
    how much more do you think theyll charge for it being modded? And also i deleted HBC on it by accident so idk if i even have ANY hopes of fixing it on my own lol

8. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    its like 250 us for a repair with modedness

9. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    first, turn it on while holding reset and see if you still have preloader (and it is set to autoboot the system menu). if you do, then you can fix this yourself. I had the exact same issue as you say you have. i installed preloader on a 4.2 without patchng IOS70. installing the bugged IOS via wadmanager fixed it.

if you dont still have preloader, its a job for nintendo. i just sent in a softmodded wii and got a new one in return. no extra charge. it just depends on if the poor chump that gets your wii feels like looking for hacks and stuff, and is able to access the file structure in the nand. cross your fingers that the tech that gets your wii has a big pile in front of him and is in a hurry.

10. LxTrix

Member LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've heard its $70 for a repair which is less than half what you can buy a used wii for.

11. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    how can you delete a vital ios plus the homebrew channel by accident?
    Try installing wad manager 1.5 or dop-ios as the installed file in preloader, they both should load fine, thats if you havent deleted the ios they need by accident [​IMG]

12. wes11ph

Member wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Afghanistan
    send it to ninty or get a drive chip then autoboot a homebrew ISO like wadmanager . and install again the deleted IOS.