wiistarted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I finally got my Wii modded to the extent I was happy. No themes installed. I had just added more titles to my external USB HDD (Western Digital 8 TB with its own power source) to load into the system.
After refreshing the cache in wiiflow, the loading of files fully stopped and froze at 12%. So taking the advice of anyone employed in IT, I decided to turn it off and turn it back on. Upon restart, the "System Files are Corrupt" error is the result.

Luckily, I have bootmi and priiloader installed. As well as my NAND backed up.

Unluckily, I have bootmii installed as IOS, which I have read is risky.

Just for further info, I can boot the Wii in Maintenance Mode and the SD card works fine, so does wiiflow and some ROMs installed on the SD Card. I have not tested the USB harddrive yet in Maintenance Mode. Maintenance Mode is only accessible with the SD card inserted.

Syscheck posted in separate thread.

First, I thought this was a mail brick. So I downloaded cdbackup and deleted all messages.

Error still persists, but I can still access Maintenance Mode.

Second, I tried the method for banner brick.
I deleted all the nonessential channels in Homebrew, so now I only have the essentials.
I deleted the only WAD I have installed in my wad folder, which is Blue Circles-FIX94v14b-DWFA.wad

Error still persists, but I can still access Maintenance Mode.

Here is an image of my Wii Menu when accessing Maintenance Mode.

Attachments

• RDT_20240723_183735676945488807850797.png
    RDT_20240723_183735676945488807850797.png
    889.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240725_054635.jpg
    20240725_054635.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited by wiistarted,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
2 potential solutions come to mind

First, u can reinstall system files. To do so, run modmii's region change wizard to "change" to 4.3U (what you are currently on).

If that fails I would restore your nand backup from before the issue began. As you pointed out it does carry some risk since u don't have bootmii boot2, but the main risk is losing power in the middle of the restoration. U could mitigate this risk with a UPS if you can get your hands on one.

If that fails, which it shouldn't, u can build a virgin nand backup for your specific console by feeding ohneschwanzenegger your nand.bin and try restoring that

wiistarted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 potential solutions come to mind

First, u can reinstall system files. To do so, run modmii's region change wizard to "change" to 4.3U (what you are currently on).

If that fails I would restore your nand backup from before the issue began. As you pointed out it does carry some risk since u don't have bootmii boot2, but the main risk is losing power in the middle of the restoration. U could mitigate this risk with a UPS if you can get your hands on one.

If that fails, which it shouldn't, u can build a virgin nand backup for your specific console by feeding ohneschwanzenegger your nand.bin and try restoring that

Thank you very much for helping.

I ran the modmii's region change wizard. Ran the ARCME. Following the tutorial, I did not have the warning of a Mismatch, since I was converting from 4.3U to 4.3U. Hit fix. All good. Exited. Tried to boot back to system menu from Homebrew and I got a stalled screen. It never loaded to the Wii Menu.
So I restarted the console and I still get the error of "The system files are corrupted."

Next step will be the restore of the nand. I will need to borrow a UPS from work before I give it a go though.

Thanks again for all your help.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I am willing to try anything at this point.

Reactions: XFlak

wiistarted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You installed the wads listed in the region change wizard guide too right? In your case that is what would have been most likely to fix your issue, not the arcme stuff

Assuming yes, then yeah, I'd say proceed with nand restore next, good luck!
Yep, I installed all 13 of the wads prior to.

Honestly, aside from my own pride/ego of this error. I might not risk the brick of a bad nand install and just run this thing on Maintenance Mode. Everything that I want to do on this machine works fine in Maintenance Mode.

I will let you know which way I go either way.

Thanks again for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: