ROM Hack Send PKM files to retail games

Status
Not open for further replies.

squinter

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys, i tried the method but sadly it didn't work... The sendpkm.py program did work, and it gave me IP numbers, and i inserted it to my DS's DNS.
but when i tried to connect with GTS, it always said error code 52100.. i checked the IP from command prompt, and my local IP is the same with the numbers the program gave me..
anyone knows how to fix this? do i have to use another computer? thanks guys!
biggrin.gif

dainslef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started using sendpkm and pokesav a little over a week ago, but today I suddenly find myself having many of the connection problems other people mention. I either can't connect at all, or I get the 51200 error, or if I manage to get into the room, I almost immediately recieve a connection error message and get disconnected. Haven't been able to figure out what the problem is, and if I change my DNS settings I can connect to the normal GTS or to other servers to download pokemon. Any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that after installing NOD32 on my XP machine, it threw the 127.0.0.1 error, and wouldn't connect even though I knew the real IP (192.168.7.15)...
so since I scanned the machine once with nod already i uninstalled it (no way to turn it off really) and everything went fine again.

Lady_Soleirina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm getting a weird issue not really fixed in this thread yet (that I've seen, hopefully I didn't miss the solution yet). I've got all the programs and whatnot downloaded fine and I saved a vulpix.pkm from http://www.pkmdb.com/PKM-Downloads-Generation-1 and tried to send it to my game using the sendpkm file in Python (I am using the 2.6 version). When I do this, the cmd window appears but it says:

Encoding!
Please set your DS's DNS server to 0.0.0.0

I've done an ipconfig which comes back with:

IP Address 192.168.1.102
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

The only programs I currently have running are Firefox, AIM, and my curse client; all of which were running when I transferred Pokemon before now. The only thing I've done between being able to transfer Pokemon and now not being able to was going to Trick Room (found at: http://trickroom.darkbb.com/forum.htm) and download the free Dunsparce they were giving away at their Pokemon event. I can't get it to even give me a working DNS server so I don't think that had anything to do with it ... Might be wrong who knows...
unsure.gif

Could this have anything to do with my current issue? Or is there any suggestions? Help please if you guys can would be greatly appreciated. I'm going crazy here lol
wacko.gif

Edit: I had sentence structure issues and misspellings

Lady_Soleirina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Does it work when you set the DNS servers to 192.168.1.102?
What security software do you have?

As far as security, we're pretty much just using the built in one for the router and windows. I think that's everything. I wasn't having issues before transferring Pokemon and I can't remember changing anything on the security.
blink.gif

Just switched my DNS to 192.168.1.102, let me see what happens....

My computer tells me I've got an IP address conflict and my DS tells me that I've now got error code 52100
cry.gif

I have two computers hardwired into the router and one wirelessly in my setup (sorry meant to add that in the last post)

demonslayer5545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine to work on my computer! I just uninstalled AVG. I tried to disable it but even though everything was disabled it still wouldn't go through. Makes sense now, I installed this same AVG on all the computers in the house except my dads laptop. I also finally learned how to make .pkm's. I been downloading them and opening them up and changing the OT to my game name and the trainer ID. Can I send event items over like oak's letter, attached to a pokemon, and do the event?

I was gonna try to GTS pokemon but the people on there are stupid. Someone wanted a lvl 100 caterpie for a lvl 5 weedle... Makes me wanna pokesav some pokemon with like, total shit stats and garbage moves and trade them >.>

Seriously, lvl 100 dragonite for a lvl 3 weedle... wtf =.=

Ok... its still not working. The DNS tells me to do 192.168.1.10 now, it used to tell me 0.0.0.0. I am getting error code 52100. I tried to manually assign my DS an IP, 192.168.1.20 and didn't work. I cant figure out where to change the transmission rates. I had a static IP address but I disabled it because it was getting a bit annoying. I have AVG uninstalled, no anti virus program and windows firewall is disabled (hate it). I can do this on my dads pc but not mine so I don't think its a router issue... I just tried and left my router completely open, still didn't work (I usually use WEP). I can connect just fine but as soon as I change the DNS it doesn't work. The only thing I can think of thats different between my dads pc and mine is that I'm using XP and he is on vista and I'm hardwired, he is wireless... And I don't have a "security center". I use classic view, I went to category view and click security center and it wont open... Ok, I just uninstalled Hamachi and now when I go to network connections and click my hardwired one and click properties, advanced. File sharing isn't here anymore. It was here when Hamachi was installed on my pc and I had it set to share... I'm at SUCH a loss x.x

Also, port 80 is the internet browsers port so thats open so it shouldn't be a port forwarding problem...

Mashroomized

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I installed everything no problem...but when I drag/drop a TRU Arceus.pkmn file onto sendpkm.py, the DNS code it tells me to input is 0.0.0.0. The DS says this is invalid. Someone help?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mashroomized said:
Alright, I installed everything no problem...but when I drag/drop a TRU Arceus.pkmn file onto sendpkm.py, the DNS code it tells me to input is 0.0.0.0. The DS says this is invalid. Someone help?
Scroll down on the front page to my FAQ, which I will be updating in a minute.

Lady_Soleirina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Does anybody else use any gaming systems in your house?

Do you have static IPs set up, to make port forwarding easier?

Go to the security center in the control panel and take a screenshot.

Yeah we have 3 DSs and a Wii that connect to the wireless (the rest of the systems don't connect to the wireless). Static IPs should be set up at last check.

screenshot.jpg

Although, I did turn the firewall back on now. I'm not sure why it said that I was using something else as a firewall. I am using AVG as my virus protection. But would that suddenly start affecting how I transfer Pokemon now? I wasn't having any problems with it before yesterday.

Here is the screenshot from trying to transfer a pkm file to the sendpkm file:

Transferwindow.jpg

Thanks for all the help btw =)

Mashroomized

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Mashroomized said:
Scroll down on the front page to my FAQ, which I will be updating in a minute.

I put in the IP from the one it gives me when I enter ipconfig in CMD. Now when I connect it to the GTS it tells me it is unable to connect...

demonslayer5545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again. I did test connection in the connection set up thingy in the DS and it worked. Took like, a million tries... Got my silly weedle now... I wonder if this was a fluke or if I can get it to do it again o.o

Mashroomized, do you have AVG or another anti virus program? I had 0.0.0.0 to until i uninstalled my avg. Not just disable, uninstalled.

Mashroomized

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonslayer5545 said:
Mashroomized, do you have AVG or another anti virus program? I had 0.0.0.0 to until i uninstalled my avg. Not just disable, uninstalled.

I have AVG free. I'll try doing this now. I'll update if it works.

EDIT: It worked! I got my Arceus. Thanks for the advice!

Lady_Soleirina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Programs automatically update all the time. Uninstall AVG, restart, see if it's working again. If not, reinstall it.

Alas, I've uninstalled AVG and thought I was getting somewhere lol This is what it gets me:
transferwindow2.jpg

But when I go to the GTS room, it gives me the 51200 error. Now my brother-in-law who lives with us, he's only able to get into the room. It sits there a while and says checking GTS server before disconnecting him. My husband can get into the room and trade after a dozen tries on his computer.
unsure.gif
Any other suggestions? lol I'm game for whatever

dainslef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said in my other post, I downloaded the sendpkm files a little over a week ago, and had no problems using them until yesterday. I've had AVG and windows firewall on the whole time, and disabling the firewall and uninstalling AVG didn't change anything. I've also tried reinstalling python and sendpkm, trying to transfer pkm files without editing them at all in pokesav, and changing my computer's IP address.

I have noticed that if I keep trying, I can usually get into the GTS room after the second or third try, but once there I usually get a connection error and get kicked off, then get a corrupted save message when the game resets.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
What about static IP? Seems that it dont work with that type of IPs. Mine is dynamic and it works charm. Now I can RNG pokemon in my Platinum rom and send it to my retail Heart Gold with no problems, but a friend have static IP and it doesn't work for her
frown.gif

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Using Avast v5, didn't even need to turn it off, just make sure you check BOTH checkboxes on the windows firewall that will likely pop up.
Also, I'm not sure I have a static IP, but I can't be sure anymore XD

You know...seeing as we have this method of wifi figured out, how long until we can make wifi CPU for battling/training sessions? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh now that is good news