JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
He was referring to it not syncing when it black screens on him. I'm pretty sure that he was not having sync issues in other homebrew, but who knows. I guess we just have to wait for his confirmation, but either way his bluetooth module is not dead because he can still run homebrew.
which is a moot point when we're talking specifically about the bluetooth module (assuming I understood Foez correctly)
No. The part in red is what I was referring to. Everything else is correct.

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Here is some information to recap:
- my friend bought the console already modded with the DriveKey modchip, dont know if the drive was changed or not, the Wii has a LEH214.. serial no
- i softmodded the console using the "Modify any Wii..." tutorial from here, to use CFG USB Loader, which i installed as a channel.This was more than a year ago.
- the console had 4.3E on it when my friend brought it to me to do the softmod, i think he updated it
- no cIOSCorp/Darkcorp was ever installed, at least not to my knowledge
- my friend doesnt know how to use the Homebrew CHannel, in fact when i softmodded the console i moved the HBC to the last page so he doesnt mess around with it
- no SD card was used in the console after i did the mod
- in Priiloader the following hacks were enabled before the brick: block disc/internet updates, replace health warning with black screen, auto press A at health screen, region free everything, remove copy protection from saves
- the region of the Wii was never changed, nor was the video mode
- my friend said that the brick occured when he tried to play a GC backup, some kind of Zelda OOT compilation.He said that it gave him some sort of a disc read error.Not sure what exactly happened.He turned off the console, then black screen on boot.
- the wiimotes don't sync anymore, not on boot, not in HBC or any of the apps
- tried to reinstall the SM ant the IOS, tried to re-mod the Wii, still black screen
- tried to disconnect the dvd drive and the modchip, still back screen

Thanks everybody for the help and suggestions.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so yeah, wiimotes not working in homebrew....but I'm sure the only reason why is because he does not have one synced to the wii anyways, and since he can't get into the SM or launch a game then he wont be able to get one synced up. But either way, his bluetooth module is not dead and thats all that we were trying to determine.

Honestly, I think your last chance is giantpunes nand building app to make a fresh nand for you. But I say that is a very very last chance because if it doesn't fix it then you will be stuck with a full brick.

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Honestly, I think your last chance is giantpunes nand building app to make a fresh nand for you. But I say that is a very very last chance because if it doesn't fix it then you will be stuck with a full brick.

Yeah well you say last chance but honestly what else is there to try? Also if it stays in this state or if it bricks fully, what is the difference? The console is still unusable.
I guess trying a downgrade to a lower SM would be pointless , right?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

Yeah well you say last chance but honestly what else is there to try? Also if it stays in this state or if it bricks fully, what is the difference? The console is still unusable.
You install PostLoader 3 in priiloader and use it as a System menu replacement, It runs/forwards homebrew, Wiiware, Wii games & DML
Install PL3 dol and change autoboot to installed file and retun to autoboot.
Hope this works keep your fingers crossed.

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You install PostLoader 3 in priiloader and use it as a System menu replacement, It runs/forwards homebrew, Wiiware, Wii games & DML

I just tried this and while it loads Postloader, sadly it's pretty much useless because i can't load games from the disc or usb.From the disc i get black screen (tried original and backup Zelda TP), and from usb when i try to load a game, it returns to the CFG Usbloader screen (??) and it doesnt mount the hdd there.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely pointless.

Do yourself a favor, keep a nand backup for this wii in a very safe place and do not lose it. Try running giantpunes nand builder app and flashing the built nand to your wii. If your wii ends up being fully brick (which I bet it will) then I will pay for the shipping for you to ship it to me and have me work my magic on it. I can get it back to running homebrew again, and if the ram is the issue then I can replace it. If I end up fixing the wii and you want it back then I will only charge you the cost of the shipping and half of my normal labor charge. But out of all things, I really just want to research this wii and figure out what the issue is.

PM me if you are interested in doing so.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

I just tried this and while it loads Postloader, sadly it's pretty much useless because i can't load games from the disc or usb.From the disc i get black screen (tried original and backup Zelda TP), and from usb when i try to load a game, it returns to the CFG Usbloader screen (??) and it doesnt mount the hdd there.
Seriously, no one still knows what went wrong with your wii (except the DVD drive which doesn't explain the full picture)
The fact that your IOS's (especially 58 and 249) are ok should make PL3 work fine.
I thing this is pure Hardware failure. Though you can still test this http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow/forwarders#Priiloader (wiiflow latest forwarder for priiloader) install it in priiloader as you did previously.
If I were you I'll test different revisions of different loaders to see if anything works before committing myselt to a step that might potentially fully brick the wii as Foes suggested.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@[member='AbdallahTerro'], Can you PLEASE step away and stop putting in your suggestions that are absolutely no help at all. You have gotten on my last nerve and I am doing all I can to not explode on you.

For all these threads that people are needing help that you keep butting into and giving useless garbage information, you should just stay out of them because you are not helping, and if anything you could potentially make someones situation even worse because you are uneducated and your spouting things out of your ass. Seriously, please leave these threads to the people who actually do know what we are talking about.

This is like the 4th thread that I've seen you do this in and if I see you do it in anymore threads then I am going to start reporting you because you have been giving potentially dangerous info.

Seriously, if someone follows what you say and their wii becomes fully bricked are you going to be the one to pony up the cash to pay for the repair?

Honestly, do you think that if postloader was going to be any help then one of us more knowledgeable people would have already mentioned it within the past 6 pages? And if you did read the whole thread then you would have seen that we already went over the USB loader crap with him already.

@snk, the very last other idea that I have for you to try that will determine whether it is a hardware or a file system issue is to build a sneek nand using modmii, with no bells or whistels, and see if you can get the system menu to show up from running sneek. If the system menu does show up then it is most likely a file system issue. If it will not show up the system menu then it is most likely a ram issue.

Reactions: 2 people

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Breath Deadly... Breath... :P

Anyway, have you checked the flux capacitor? I bet thats whats wrong! no, I have no real suggestion to contribute with

Reactions: 2 people

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
@[member='DeadlyFoez']: Thanks for the suggestions and advices.Could you please explain how to boot sneek?I built the sneek nand using modmii, then copied the files to the sd card but i don't know how to boot it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
on your sd card you should have a "bootmiineek" folder, rename it to "bootmii", then launch bootmii and it will load neek. It may take 10-15 minutes to load the emulated nand on the first try (subsequent boots will be quicker).

also on your sd card you should have a "sneek" folder, and an emulated nand (which is saved to "nands\nand_name\" if using neek2o and if using the traditional neek the emunand will be saved to the SD root) which is composed of folders like title, ticket, etc.

edit:
@AbdallahTerro,
just an idea, but I think you should consider adding something to your signature that says something along the lines of "Wii Hacker in training, I might sound like I know what I'm talking about but don't do anything I suggest unless someone else with more knowledge agrees it is safe to do". Don't take this the wrong way, but I see it as a middle ground... cuz quite frankly I doubt you're going to stop trying to help people, at least this way they have fair warning and you won't have people like me and Foez giving as such a hard time

Reactions: 1 person

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
on your sd card you should have a "bootmiineek" folder, rename it to "bootmii", then launch bootmii and it will load neek. It may take 10-15 minutes to load the emulated nand on the first try (subsequent boots will be quicker).

also on your sd card you should have a "sneek" folder, and an emulated nand (which is saved to "nands\nand_name\" if using neek2o and if using the traditional neek the emunand will be saved to the SD root) which is composed of folders like title, ticket, etc.

Ok, i did what you said.When it loads neek does anything supposed to appear on screen? Because i still get a black screen.I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened.

When i launch neek the video mode changes (my tv shows it changes from 480p to 576i) and the drive LED blinks once.

snk2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Bumping the thread, cause it happened again with another console:

So my friend bought again a wii.It was an used one, 4.2E version.He brought it to me to mod it.I noticed that the HBC was already installed.I then softmodded it using the latest ModMii, plus i installed CFG USB Loader and the latest Neogamma, both as channels.Then i installed cMIOS, and i tested a backup GC game and it worked (from Neogamma).I didnt make a Nand backup from Bootmii at that time.

So then my friend picks up the console from me, he goes home (he lives in another city), then later he calls me and says that the exact same thing happened: he tried to boot a couple of GC backups, but gave him errors in Neogamma, because all of his GC backups are on DVD+R discs, so i guess the Wii doesnt read +R discs.The GC backup that i tried was a DVD-R.Then he powered off the console and bam, black screen at boot, just like the last time.

Now he brought back the console to me, and i tried it and its the exact same thing as last time.I can access Priiloader, or the HBC, but the wiimotes dont sync, cant boot into system menu , cfg usbloader doesnt mount the hdd, however i tried to load the GC backup through neogamma and it works.Wii backups or originals dont work.

One thing that i found out is that my friend was using a docking station for the console, one wiich recharges the wiimotes, and batteries, it also has a cooling fan and a digital clock display.Could this be the problem, i mean i dont know, maybe using the GC backups while the console is in the station something shorted out or got damaged on the motherboard?Very strange stuff this is, because he was using this station for well over a year.

I should mention that the he didn't use the same GC backup like last time, he tried with 3 other games, dunno which ones, i dont think it matters, anyway these GC backups work on his Gamecube with Viper GC modchip, but the laser is pretty worn out and throws random DRE's (i already tweaked the POT but thats another story), thats why he was trying to play them on the Wii.

Any idea what could have happened?Btw my friend didnt install anything on the console, usually he always calls me up when he has a question about installing or using stuff on consoles, so im sure he didnt mess with any software related stuff.He doesnt know how to use HBC, like i said last time.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Bumping the thread, cause it happened again with another console:

So my friend bought again a wii.It was an used one, 4.2E version.He brought it to me to mod it.I noticed that the HBC was already installed.I then softmodded it using the latest ModMii, plus i installed CFG USB Loader and the latest Neogamma, both as channels.Then i installed cMIOS, and i tested a backup GC game and it worked (from Neogamma).I didnt make a Nand backup from Bootmii at that time.
I just can't even bear to finish the rest of this post. How have you not learned your lesson?
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1