Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well anotjer way to do but this will cause failure message because of a missing file that couldnt be transferd.
if i remove a entry from all-games.ini it dose not show on the sega HD but the "files" are still there so was thinking delete the files as well as remove the entry from the all-games.ini file , get space back but keeps the one i like

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
if i remove a entry from all-games.ini it dose not show on the sega HD but the "files" are still there so was thinking delete the files as well as remove the entry from the all-games.ini file , get space back but keeps the one i like
Well the reason why its still show up is the ini file. The remover only delets the game and image. You need to manually edit the ini file and delete it from there as well.

Reactions: fixingmytoys

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
702BF898-F6C7-4802-A0E4-7CE5E7E259BD.jpeg
BDBA9520-C3CE-4439-8EB5-94FAA9045D4D.jpeg

E721ADCE-CC2E-4234-A25A-342D930E957E.jpeg

This will make the library rock!

Reactions: asper

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Some background story: all meta datas you see there are done by myself. I collected every cover and fixed it on Photoshop, writed down every plot, publisher and so on. Its not possible to say how much time of my life is spend into this project.. all the files are stored on my online database and can easy be downloaded when its done :-). But just to honor what this exactly is.. it seems like a over night project but its not.. there just never was a platform to make a usefull release till now.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some background story: all meta datas you see there are done by myself. I collected every cover and fixed it on Photoshop, writed down every plot, publisher and so on. Its not possible to say how much time of my life is spend into this project.. all the files are stored on my online database and can easy be downloaded when its done :-). But just to honor what this exactly is.. it seems like a over night project but its not.. there just never was a platform to make a usefull release till now.
You did a really good job on this! Your also the reason why i'm picking up a 3 more of these so i will have some for every room of the house.

Reactions: Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Really appreciated work ! Are the "plots" all in german language ?
Well yes they are xD.. my gdb has even a script which generates a standard txt for the import games. It uses the given information that i typed in. But as i life in switzerland i tooked the german plots ;-). But i can easy generate an standard text in ANY language like: Sonic the Hedgehog was developed & released in 1988 by Sega. And put the files in. Just need to have the correct gramatics.

Last edited by Hekel,

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Let me test it please :D
At moment im working on the game cores, when they run i need to fix first some bugs like the controller in the menu. I have to remap the buttons plus is the installation a mess. I will provide a dump of the system when its done (tough there will not be any rom, but you can see every games name. Its only a rename and put the rom in the folder thing. Very easy. And i can clean all stuffs so we have as much as possible storage for games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But ppls please keep up youre works and thoughts! I wanna see the other mods and frontends aswell. I will provide the metadate for all stuffs. Maybe its a good idea if we make a mega drive flashback workbench so everyones life is getting easyer. I make meanwhile 90% with bat files as its stable fast and save.

Last edited by Hekel,

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a launcher where you can run your apps and/or set the default app to open will be surely the right option together with your GREAT frontend !

Does anyone knows if the USB port (4gb version unit) is already powered or not ? I am still waiting for my adapter...

Ckunak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a launcher where you can run your apps and/or set the default app to open will be surely the right option together with your GREAT frontend !

Does anyone knows if the USB port (4gb version unit) is already powered or not ? I am still waiting for my adapter...
i could not get it to work with a adapter. i just ordered a usb hub that's powered will let you know tomorrow

Reactions: asper

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland

Hey, my frontend has the ability to display apps and sort them out, no need of an additionel launcher :-). And no the usb port is not powered but i was able to add a 16gb usb stick and even bootet games from it. You can install es file explorer and you see the path. At moment im sticking around with the cartridge slot as i wanna integrate this too.. dunno how it works yet but i heard its dumping the rom file to a folder.. if this is the case i can make a section like on the original front end. Does anyone know if it has a specific name when its beeing dumped?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dump will go to /mnt/asec/ folder in .bin format (the name of the cartridge dump tested was rom-9370.bin).
The name can be related to some hex values inside the cartridge (for example 2 bytes at offset 0x18E) because the cartridge name is always the same using the same cartridge (unfortunately I only have 1 to play with).

This is the dmesg information of the dumping process:
c0A06yQ.png

and then it stops. The dump procedure seems to start ad 15.435434 seconds from the console boot (after mtp_open) because this is the dmesg WITHOUT the cartridge inserted:
uj28CqB.png

Can you explain what you did to succesfully connect an usb flashdrive ? Did you use a self-powered adapter ?

Can you also tell me the full path of the usb flash drive once mounted ? Is it /mnt/usb_storage/ as I suppose ?

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i sent you guys a picture to make your usb port self powered ;)

try at your own risk. i only advice it if you are confident in your soldering skills.

WD_Gaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
also i figured id share:

FYI connecting a usb hub has its fair share of bugs.

this is due how to android handles it.
if you connect a usb device wether self powered or through the single wire mod, it will detect the hub but it will not detect the connected devices to the hub until you unplug and replug them after booting.
if you conect a single usb device, say a usb memory stick, it will detect it automatically and no need to unplug. (atleast with the wire mod)

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
also i figured id share:

FYI connecting a usb hub has its fair share of bugs.

this is due how to android handles it.
if you connect a usb device wether self powered or through the single wire mod, it will detect the hub but it will not detect the connected devices to the hub until you unplug and replug them after booting.
if you conect a single usb device, say a usb memory stick, it will detect it automatically and no need to unplug. (atleast with the wire mod)
I will perform youre mod tonight and try to add a small 2tb hdd. With this i can upload my full mega cd library and even sega arcade (well we see how well it performs). And maybe even some 2D dreamcast titles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.