Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
okay i have some time tonight after work to get into this, i have ADB all working fine etc, android commander works great etc when i run AndroidTool she loads up finds my device can see it hit switch go to install the drivers for USB-Download Mode and i get this ( there where no x86 win 10 drives in the zip )

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I am on Win 10 any idea how to get it work on Win 10 just want to do a back up before i do anything else

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I am a bit late ! Few hours but an AMAZING works guys ! It is GREAT to see someone working so hard for this almost "shunned-by-many" device !

About my release if you flashed my rom/my retroarch mod simply uninstall it via the appropriate batch file, it will remove retroarch automatic launch and the .cfg file i provided (even if you flashed or installed it without flashing my custom rom). My mod is useful just to have more space on /system and /data folder.

The link provided for the new Launcher expired ("Launcher" is the correct term for Android, not dashboard/desktop anyway this does not matter ;) ).

@WD_Gaster, can you re-send me it please ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@thx1138 (GREAT MOVIE!) - I will look for the appropriate drivers for you.

Last edited by asper,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, I am a bit late ! Few hours but an AMAZING works guys ! It is GREAT to see someone working so hard for this almost "shunned-by-many" device !

About my release if you flashed my rom/my retroarch mod simply uninstall it via the appropriate batch file, it will remove retroarch automatic launch and the .cfg file i provided (even if you flashed or installed it without flashing my custom rom). My mod is useful just to have more space on /system and /data folder.

The link provided for the new Launcher ("Launcher" is the correct term for Android, not dashboard/desktop anyway this does not matter ;) ).

The link provided by @WD_Gaster, can you re-send me it please ?

@thx1138 (GREAT MOVIE!) - I will look for the appropriate drivers for you.
thank you @asper thanks heaps , yes thx1138 is my fav movie which is why i use the name :)

Good News @asper i am in and underway :)

Last edited by fixingmytoys,

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
thank you @asper thanks heaps , yes thx1138 is my fav movie which is why i use the name :)
Allright ladys and gentlemen its finally time ... to .. DROP THE BOMB!

I made it! I can run my project RetroShield on the SEGA Mega Drive Flashback HD. So if you want to see what Retro Shield is check:

www.retro-shield.com

What is the benefit to run it? Basicly everything you can dream of. Now its possible to launch any emulator, of youre choice! Visually it looks like a dream..

I will edit the files so that its a standalone version so we can spare alot of storage for games. But with my calculation it should not be a problem to get the full mega drive/genesis library on the system (as a benefit 32x included). I already have a database which contains all Metadata for EVERY (yes i mean all of them) Game ever released. If the Flashback HD wouldnt lack of wifi we even could get the files directly with a scraper.. (already programmed and working). But now ill stop spamming.. heres a proof of concept:

Feedback welcome.

* i will install ES File Explorer and hook up an external Storage device to see if we could Use a usb stick. Would be easy to run games from it and we could add the full mega cd library aswell.

@Jasper but i like the word Dashboard :-P

Last edited by Hekel,
Reactions: DarthDub

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright ladys and gentlemen its finally time ... to .. DROP THE BOMB!

I made it! I can run my project RetroShield on the SEGA Mega Drive Flashback HD. So if you want to see what Retro Shield is check:

www.retro-shield.com

What is the benefit to run it? Basicly everything you can dream of. Now its possible to launch any emulator, of youre choice! Visually it looks like a dream..

I will edit the files so that its a standalone version so we can spare alot of storage for games. But with my calculation it should not be a problem to get the full mega drive/genesis library on the system (as a benefit 32x included). I already have a database which contains all Metadata for EVERY (yes i mean all of them) Game ever released. If the Flashback HD wouldnt lack of wifi we even could get the files directly with a scraper.. (already programmed and working). But now ill stop spamming.. heres a proof of concept:

Feedback welcome.

* i will install ES File Explorer and hook up an external Storage device to see if we could Use a usb stick. Would be easy to run games from it and we could add the full mega cd library aswell.

@Jasper but i like the word Dashboard :-P

Good PoC Man !
I am sure it will get great ! The console is an Android device so everybody able to code for Android can make software for it but your one seems to be a REALLY GOOD app !

(anyway my nick is "asper", not jasper but if you prefere I can change it to "dahsboard" ;):P)

Reactions: KiiWii and Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
Good PoC Man !
I am sure it will get great ! The console is an Android device so everybody able to code for Android can make software for it but your one seems to be a REALLY GOOD app !

(anyway my nick is "asper", not jasper but if you prefere I can change it to "dahsboard" ;):P)
Im sorry i thought its jasper xD sorry about that..

Reactions: asper

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The attached one seems to be a driver installer, try it (it seems to be "certified" for Win10 !)

Directly from the included readme:
1) Support RockUSB driver and Rockchip ADB driver install and uninstall
2) Support Windows XP, Win7 & Win7 x64, Win8 & Win8 x64, Win10 & Win10 x64

Attachments

• Rockchip_Driver_Assistant_4.5.rar
    9.2 MB · Views: 279

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
The attached one seems to be a driver installer, try it (it seems to be "certified" for Win10 !)

Directly from the included readme:
And checkpot i launched the games im retroarch :-) asper.. a little unusual place for the config file xD.. needed to link it, as the controls wouldnt work else

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And checkpot i launched the games im retroarch :-) asper.. a little unusual place for the config file xD.. needed to link it, as the controls wouldnt work else
As I wrote in the readmes there is a problem with retroarch .cfg file: sometime the file got corrupted (mainly if you disconnect the USB port BEFORE exiting retroarch and/or disconnecting it TOO EARLY after closing retroarch - it took me 2 days of bug-hunting to identify the exact root of this issue); it becomes a 0Kb file and when retroarch starts up again you get the default retraorch GUI that can be controlled by a touch-only interface; this was the best work-around I was able to make (replace at each boot the .cfg file with the one I stored inside the console) otherwise you can be stuck at the default settings (being not able to use the joypad).

Reactions: Hekel

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
As I wrote in the readmes there is a problem with retroarch .cfg file: sometime the file got corrupted (mainly if you disconnect the USB port BEFORE exiting retroarch and/or disconnecting it TOO EARLY after closing retroarch - it took me 2 days of bug-hunting to identify the exact root of this issue); it becomes a 0Kb file and when retroarch starts up again you get the default retraorch GUI that can be controlled by a touch-only interface; this was the best work-around I was able to make (replace at each boot the .cfg file with the one I stored inside the console) otherwise you can be stuck at the default settings (being not able to use the joypad).

I moved the file from my setup i can access it from where ever i want. This time everything works! Heres another proof-of-concept video:

Reactions: DarthDub and asper

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved the file from my setup i can access it from where ever i want. This time everything works! Heres another proof-of-concept video:

SUPERB !

Yeah you can move the file wherever you want but I suggest you to keep it somewhere and replacing it at each boot to avoid the problem I mentioned above. The only real solution will be a "shut off" button to close (turn off) the console without suddenly powering it off by disconnecting the USB cable but if you forget to "press that shut off button" and you decide to remove the USB power chord the problem may re-appear (retroarch set to default config).

Hekel

Modding is my passion!
Trophies
Website
www.evercade.net
XP
Country
Switzerland
SUPERB !

Yeah you can move the file wherever you want but I suggest you to keep it somewhere and replacing it at each boot to avoid the problem I mentioned above. The only real solution will be a "shut off" button to close (turn off) the console without suddenly powering it off by disconnecting the USB cable but if you forget to "press that shut off button" and you decide to remove the USB power chord the problem may re-appear (retroarch set to default config).
I see, well at the end it doesnt matter where the file is stored. Important is just that it works.

I see, well at the end it doesnt matter where the file is stored. Important is just that it works.
One thing still makes troubles. Navigating trough the menus.. i guess there would be remapping necessary. Asper you did that before? When i tell you which button i need to be mapped you could fix that?

Last edited by Hekel,
Reactions: asper

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Theres a lot more :-D but at Moment i had to clean my Desktop.. but in about 10 minit i will provide a Video with my work in Progress.

This might be usefull for some of you: I made a Little script, it removes the stock games from the internal Flash. This gives us some freespace (about 60MB) for lets say.. xD better stuff..

No worry if you wanna reload them into the System theres a Re-Installer. Before the Games will be deleted from the System the scripts dump them to youre PC. Some Feedback would be welcome.
was looking at your bat file , would it be possible to pick and chose what games to keep or not keep etc ?

Reactions: Hekel

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes this is possible but you would need to kill the specific string out of the file. Then its only removing the ones you dont wanna have.
was thinking i would remove the entry from the ini file and just delete the game file and png files with android commander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay