Homebrew SDL MAME Option Questions

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using the old Mame all this time, and just now decided to use the updated version.
Anyone know how to get it to show in 16x9 on a wide screen TV? It does run a lot better than the original one. Except of not being in wide screen mode.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it wont really work. I talked to Toad King about it and he wanted to keep the original aspect. So for now that is what we got. But it def works better.

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in the newer version well the Jan update. There is something about wide screen. Do you have to turn it on or change some settings in the file.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWon said:
Well in the newer version well the Jan update. There is something about wide screen. Do you have to turn it on or change some settings in the file.
That's just having the image scale correclty on 16:9 resolutions.

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up Toad! It's been a while since the old TehSkeen site. So right now there is no real full screen wide screen or a plan of having the option? Just wanted to know since you took over the product. Before I decided to go all out and switch over. I just wanted to make sure it was complete version.

If Not cool I'll just keep the old one and use it for the games I want full screen.

Thanks

Another question if you are even still working on this in your spare time. You think you can get classic controller support or maybe the Gamecube Stick control to work.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWon said:
What's up Toad! It's been a while since the old TehSkeen site. So right now there is no real full screen wide screen or a plan of having the option? Just wanted to know since you took over the product. Before I decided to go all out and switch over. I just wanted to make sure it was complete version.

If Not cool I'll just keep the old one and use it for the games I want full screen.

Thanks
There are no plans at the moment for a stretched fullscreen. That would require diving into the core MAME code to do, and I'm currently in the middle of rewriting the Wii OSD code at the moment, so if I do get around to implementing stretched fullscreen, it'll be after I get a new version out with the new OSD stuff.

TheWon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks for answering the question. By the way does this version support full 4 controllers? The old version could only give you 3 max. Were you able to fix that problem.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWon said:
Cool thanks for answering the question. By the way does this version support full 4 controllers? The old version could only give you 3 max. Were you able to fix that problem.
Yes, although for some reason the GameCube controller's main analog stick doesn't work. A new version in the works fixes this, but it isn't gonna be out for a little while longer.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Toad King said:
A new version in the works fixes this, but it isn't gonna be out for a little while longer.

Shweeet!

Emulation is the only reason I use my wii really now so thats fantastic news that you are still working on mame.
smile.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
congrats for the program
smile.gif
look forward to a new version, been making my own arcade cabinet at home as you might have read around here, it's complete now, all the controllers are wired up correctly and i've got SDL MAME Wii 0.6 for the game emulation.

the only thing that's stopping me from putting up some pictures and a video is that i can't get ANY street fighter working, although it appears in the menu as working!

i've read into parent folders and clones and such, but it appears i have the right version of the rom, got a few bios files too cpsz1 and 2, but on the MAWS website it says that there is no BIOS needed for the games to run.

i've tried SF2 and SFCE but so far both have told me there is a missing rom or CHD file? i just can't get my head round that
mellow.gif
SF just gives me a code dump immediately after the rom info screen... i left and right my joystick to say i have permission, rom info appears, press me green A button and BOOM code dump
hate2.gif

one other thing is that alot of games i put in the mame roms folder dont appear at all? such as schamp (sonic the fighters) or the simpsons2p (alternative 2 player simpsons) is tehre any particular reason for this? i thought it might be because they aren't compatible with the emulator but i dunnoooo haha

sorry to thread steal like this
rolleyes.gif

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the roms I have give me that "Missing CHD" crap and unless you know how mame and roms work,there is no way to fix this at all. Great emulator though,I just wish there was a easier way to make the games work without the stinking CHD missing issue!

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
TheWon said:
Been using the old Mame all this time, and just now decided to use the updated version.
Anyone know how to get it to show in 16x9 on a wide screen TV? It does run a lot better than the original one. Except of not being in wide screen mode.

The previous version from toadking (SDL MAME Wii 0.5) stretched the screen to fit so maybe revert to that version?

QUOTE(Toad King @ Aug 8 2011, 12:25 AM) I'm currently in the middle of rewriting the Wii OSD code at the moment, so if I do get around to implementing stretched fullscreen, it'll be after I get a new version out with the new OSD stuff.

By removing sdl and replacing it with a new osd will this (possibly?) make it in the future so you can view all your roms rather then just a selection? ...also theoretically would it free up extra memory on the wii so that additional games and drivers will work (I'm optimistically thinking Rodland, Pang etc
smile.gif
)?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MrTea said:
Toad King said:
I'm currently in the middle of rewriting the Wii OSD code at the moment, so if I do get around to implementing stretched fullscreen, it'll be after I get a new version out with the new OSD stuff.

By removing sdl and replacing it with a new osd will this (possibly?) make it in the future so you can view all your roms rather then just a selection? ...also theoretically would it free up extra memory on the wii so that additional games and drivers will work (I'm optimistically thinking Rodland, Pang etc
smile.gif
)?
so the reason that ALL the games i put in my mameroms folder dont appear is by no fault of mine? i thought it might have been incompatible games like i stated above
tongue.gif

thanks again hahaha!

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
smile.gif
)?
No, it will have no effect on the amount of ROMs that can be listed. I'll probably bump it up to 500 or something just to stop all the people complaining for a little while longer.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Toad King said:
MrTea said:
smile.gif
)?
No, it will have no effect on the amount of ROMs that can be listed. I'll probably bump it up to 500 or something just to stop all the people complaining for a little while longer.

Well good luck trying to squeeze out any additional memory on the wii (Street Fighter 1 I'm looking at you!).

...and you can guarantee that people will still want 501 roms in the future!

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
Toad King said:
MrTea said:
smile.gif
)?

Well good luck trying to squeeze out any additional memory on the wii (Street Fighter 1 I'm looking at you!).

...and you can guarantee that people will still want 501 roms in the future!
I can promise you Street Fighter 1 will never work with this emulator. MAME tries to allocate 64Mb of memory for its graphics, and the Wii doesn't have 64Mb of continuous memory to spare anywhere.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Toad King said:
I can promise you Street Fighter 1 will never work with this emulator. MAME tries to allocate 64Mb of memory for its graphics, and the Wii doesn't have 64Mb of continuous memory to spare anywhere.

Thats a shame but no worries. To be honest its not the greatest game in the world anyway (its just for nostalgia reasons I love it). I'll stick with Fighting Street on Wiiengine to get my fix instead.

Pang, Rodland, The Newzeland Story and POW would play nice on my tatsunoko vs capcom arcade stick though...

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
@MrTea you could try the Pang/Buster Bros collection through wiiSX.

Excuse my ignorance but why dont those games mentioned work in in wii SDL mame anyway. They are tiny in size.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you got a dreamcast you can run a HUGE mamelist of games that are near fullspeed and won't give you the CHD errors. It's called "Mame4all" by a coder named "Chui". The only thing that's lacking is the sound department as most of the games have "Scratchy" sound but it works quite well with the games I play. Except for the bigger sized ones of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife