Hacking SDCafiine 5.5.1

MrUnusual

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, been looking at tutorials on modding sm4sh, but can't seem to get it to work, I installed xampp, I then downloaded the strange file, put the kernel and sdcafiine folder in htpdocs, put the 00050000xxxxx.. folder with the patch folder in it into the root SD directory, then I launched the xampp control panel and started Apache, then put the SD card back in the Wii u, launched the internen browser, edited one of the book marks to say http://192.168.1.2/kernel/blarg.php, but when I launch it, I get a 404 error, same with sdcafiine.

Alternatively, I tried using HaxServer, I can run the exploit that way, then I go to loadiine.ovh, loaded SD caffeine + kernal, it appears to run without the 404 error, but when I press A after putting in the IPv4, it goes to the home button menu asking me to go to the Wii u mend or close the app, when I do either and click on Smash Bros.the mods don't load, it just plays as normal, does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

D

Deleted User

What you are trying to do is load the old Browserhax-based SDCafiine, which is obsolete and outdated thanks to the Homebrew Launcher.

A much better way to perform these actions is to do the following:
  1. Visit wiiubru.com/go in your browser
  2. Press the button on the site
  3. You should eventually see "Homebrew App Store Lite" on your screen. Give it some time, as it needs to be downloaded from a web server. If you are still stuck at a video player, white screen or white screen with the Wii U logo at the bottom right, you can safely assume the program crashed. Hold down the power button on your console until it shuts down, and try again from step 1.
  4. For your use case, I would scroll through the list and "GET" the following items: Homebrew Launcher, Homebrew App Store and SDCafiine.
  5. Once they've all been downloaded, press the HOME Button on your console to exit. You will now notice that Mii Maker launches. Don;t worry about that, we've taken over Mii Maker because it has SD Card privileges, allowing us a method of running/installing homebrew.
  6. Exit Mii Maker and return to the Wii U Menu.
  7. (Probably unnecessary, but do this just in case) Open/close System Settings - this reloads the Wii U's kernel, essentially wiping all traces of homebrew from your system.
  8. (The following steps you will need to do every time you want to launch homebrew)
  9. Open your browser and visit wiiubru.com/x or loadiine.ovh (remembering to select Homebrew Launcher 1.2 RC3). This will open the Homebrew Launcher.
  10. You will now see three options: Homebrew App Store, relaunch the Homebrew Launcher and SDCafiine, the long-awaited option.
  11. Once you've pressed on SDCafiine, you will be given the option to input an IP Address for a logging server, this is not necessary, but you may if you want to (just remember to have @dimok's SDCafiine server running on it).
  12. Once you've installed SDCafiine, you will be returned to the Wii U Menu, from here, launch Smash Bros. Your mods should be there if your SD Card is set up correctly in the first place.
  13. You can return to the Homebrew Launcher at any time (until you turn off your console, open/close System Settings or open vWii mode) by simply launching Mii Maker from the Wii U Menu. Once you've performed any of those actions, you will need to return to loadiine.ovh/wiiubru.com to re-hack your console.
It seems like a long process, but it actually shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes. I've just gone into a high level of detail.

MrUnusual

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like everything worked except when I load SD cafiine, it does not prompt me to put in an ip, it just goes back to my wii u menu, maybe because I don't have the sdcafiine server running? How do I do that? I downloaded the latest version from git hub but when I extract it and select the sdcafiineserver.exe, it opens cmd for a split second and then closes. I'm assuming this step is a must because after I selected sdcafiine on the Wii u and it went back to the menu, I opened ssb4, but the mod didn't load

Last edited by MrUnusual,
D

Deleted User

*facedesks* I screwed up. The IP address dialogue is no longer in SDCafiine, I was talking about DDD!

When you launch SDCafiine, it should return straight to the Wii U Menu. From here, launch Smash Bros. and your mods should be there.
Don't worry about the server program on your computer for now, it isn't necessary right now. If you have an IP.txt file on your SD Card, delete it or rename it to something else.

See what happens now. If it still doesn't work, triple-check that your mods are in the right place. It should look like the following:
If you're using an American version of the game, your mods go inside sd:/0005000010144F00
If you're using an European/Oceanic version of the game, your mods go inside sd:/0005000010145000
If you're using an Asian version of the game, your mods go inside sd:/0005000010110E00
Inside any of the above folders should be your 'patch' folders or whatever. There should NOT be a 'content' folder inside.

Last edited by , , Reason: Corrected formatting

MrUnusual

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, thank you, I found out what the problem was, my folder was named 0005000010145000 instead of 0005000010144F00, that's where I goofed, I was able to load the test mod, now I'm using DDD to dump the game. I started the dump last night, but then my computer decided to do an update and restart, I tried again at 6:30am, but my wii u turned itself off due to the automatic power save option when it's inactive), I discovered that at 10:30am this morning and started the process a 3rd time, been 3 hours, so far so good, I guess 3 times a charm haha. Thank you for your help! :)

Reactions: Deleted User

N10N7009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand. I did all of this and the mod wont load, i had to get SDCafiine from the homebrew app store cuz i thought geckiine was the same thing so now my mods dont work and im upset
have the folder set up and everything

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me see if I can help.

SD Caffine is a version that requires you to have your mods on a file on your SD.

The older Web based Cafiine uses the server setup at home. You don't need to self host with xampp. Just set up your files and then visit loadiine.com/kafluke on your Wii U to launch.

You'll need the SD files and the PC files to run the server but I don't know if that works with CFW. I haven't tried it in a while.

Right now my Wii U is CBHC bricked so I can fix it with a nand backup and write a guide. (I just ordered the wrong teensy :l )

Last edited by Kafluke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission