Wii U only showing the theme with no games

Revenge-of-the-King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! Last night I was playing Mario Kart 8 with mods on from sdcaffine but I had to do something so I left the room, but when I came back the Wii U had turned off automatically from not being played for an hour. When I came back this morning to test some more mods I downloaded, the Wii U showed the the first picture below and then got stuck on the second picture attached. At first I tried turning it on and but it still got stuck on the screen, then I unplugged the Wii U for a few minutes and plugged it back in. It still was stuck on the screen but when I did the same thing without the sd card, It loaded the Wii U menu, but when I put the sd card back in and turned off the Wii U, it got stuck on the screen again. Doing the same plug trick again it would start working again but I still can’t use my sd card. I even tried using sd caffeine again and going back on Mario kart but that just crashed my Wii U. Does anyone know how get my sd card working again, It still works inside a computer.
FA5A588C-85CE-4809-9DDA-EB992D869FCC.jpeg
34D00D15-F6BA-4B7E-9399-0F1B0261EF8A.jpeg

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you using Aroma or Tiramisu?

Run a file system check on your SD card, once you made sure that is clean you should be able to just rename the wii u folder on the sd card and copy the fresh tiramisu / aroma files back. To the SD.

If you are using aroma I would guess that some save file from the homebrew_on_menu plugin corrupted. So instead of replacing the whole wiiu folder, you might just try to rename the homebrew_on_menu_plugin folder in the wiiu folder and see if that helps.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also are you sure the Wii U was left alone and it was auto-shutdown? No kids or anything who could have walked into the room? Cause this shouldn't corrupt anything, for me it sounds more like someone really did a 4 button power press (or removed the wall power).

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you have one of those SD cards that isn't official, and is lying about how much content it can hold. (These things were everywhere on the likes of even Amazon back when larger storage SD cards weren't nearly so cheap). If this is the case, you might have put a little too much extra content on the SD card with whatever latest mods you were putting on it, pushing it past the actual amount of content it can hold and then corrupting the contents in the SD card.

Have you tried putting the SD Card back into your PC to see how your files and folders look? I would start there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle