Hacking SD slot on wii broken...need help to install Darkcorp

caleb4god

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyhow, got a friends Wii with a broken SD slot. It simply does not recognize any type of sd card. I'd previously modded it with an old version of Cioscorp and it has HBC and Preloader .28 installed on it. I want to install Darkcorp and was wondering if i could build an iso with the files and run it like that. I also have an SD gecko so I was wondering if that might be a better route to go about it. Any helpful ideas would be welcomed. Thx.

P.s. it's a 3.2U softmodded

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I can think of is using something like the Twilight Hack or Indy Pwns to run the .dol you need. Of course, I don't know much about SDGecko, so it's very possible that's your best bet. Also, you could put the files on an external HDD. I read somewhere that if a USB drive is 120GB or less and formatted to fat32 the Wii can treat it as an SD card, but I haven't tested this so it's possible it could be complete BS.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. If HBC is already installed, you should have no problems running apps from a fat32 drive to do whatever you need to do.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
All I can think of is using something like the Twilight Hack or Indy Pwns to run the .dol you need. Of course, I don't know much about SDGecko, so it's very possible that's your best bet. Also, you could put the files on an external HDD. I read somewhere that if a USB drive is 120GB or less and formatted to fat32 the Wii can treat it as an SD card, but I haven't tested this so it's possible it could be complete BS.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. If HBC is already installed, you should have no problems running apps from a fat32 drive to do whatever you need to do.

I have nothing to back this with but I would have to call BS. AFAIK, and from what every single other person has said, the wii isnt built to handle USB Mass Storage Devices. If that was the case, you would likely see all the softmod guides and hackmii installer and whatnot written with "place the files on your SD or hard drive..."

However, someone correct me if I am wrong.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wes11ph said:
get a flash drive
get all darkcorps wad files and put on the flashdrive.
using wadmanager
you can install all wads on the flashdrive..
Not necessarily...

The wads in the DARKCORP Package are clean IOS, and the installer does the patching...

@cable4god:
I guess I could dump all the DARKCORP wads from my Wii, and upload them somethere, for you to install via Wad Manager...

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
PeregrinFig said:

I have nothing to back this with but I would have to call BS. AFAIK, and from what every single other person has said, the wii isnt built to handle USB Mass Storage Devices. If that was the case, you would likely see all the softmod guides and hackmii installer and whatnot written with "place the files on your SD or hard drive..."

However, someone correct me if I am wrong.
'USB' refers 2 both HDDs + Flash Drives in those guides! lol

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
damysteryman said:
wes11ph said:
get a flash drive
get all darkcorps wad files and put on the flashdrive.
using wadmanager
you can install all wads on the flashdrive..
Not necessarily...

The wads in the DARKCORP Package are clean IOS, and the installer does the patching...

@cable4god:
I guess I could dump all the DARKCORP wads from my Wii, and upload them somethere, for you to install via Wad Manager...

oh sorry dude...

i've never use darkcorp.
i'm still on cioscorp 3.6

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
caleb4god said:
So anyhow, got a friends Wii with a broken SD slot. It simply does not recognize any type of sd card. I'd previously modded it with an old version of Cioscorp and it has HBC and Preloader .28 installed on it. I want to install Darkcorp and was wondering if i could build an iso with the files and run it like that. I also have an SD gecko so I was wondering if that might be a better route to go about it. Any helpful ideas would be welcomed. Thx.
P.s. it's a 3.2U softmodded
Does You HBC support wiiload?
CODEWIILOAD=tcp:192.168.X.X wiiload boot.elf
That way You can update to latest HBC, install IOS236, install ios249.
Then CfgUSBLoader on USB device.
New HBC allow to launch stuff from USB.
Done.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Homebrew Channel has had support for launching brew from SD Gecko since the beginning. Press 1, I think, on your Wii remote on the HBC screen and see if "SD Gecko" shows up in the list. You won't get fast access time with it, though, so it might be best to just use HBC to load apps from USB and go from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...