CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
And if only thing to translate is pilot and unit names, interface and game events?

I never playied in any part of Gihren Greed/Ambiton much, but in other series of "no Yabou" with single exception of Pokemon Conquest, most of text always been inside of In-Game encyclopedia. And while this is good information all who know enough about Gundam can ignore it for most part.

The entire purpose of Gihren's Greed and Ambition is to tell alternative timelines. Almost 90% of this is told via text. Translating unit names and the interface would be fruitless. It'd be like translating nothing but the signs/credits in a movie. You'd miss out on the plot.

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i wanted to translate gihren's greed ( i want it to be my first translation project, in which i have unlimited time and would like to unpack it, translate it, putting good grammar, repacking and finishing it myself) but i'm going to wait a week or two to start my project.

Last edited by Fon Spaak,

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah, i wanted to translate gihren's greed ( i want it to be my first translation project, in which i have unlimited time and would like to unpack it, translate it, putting good grammar, repacking and finishing it myself) but i'm going to wait a week or two to start my project.

Hi, @Fon Spaak , do you able to do the packing/unpacking translation of Gihren's Greed now?
I'm sorry that I'm too busy to have a further look into this game's ISO for you.
I tried unpacking it but seem the file pattern is different from Overworld.

So, are you doing good? Have you any progress since then?
God bless.

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
but i'm going to wait a week or two to start my project.
One or two weeks didn't matter with condiseration how long it should take to finish translation anyway. It's good that someone started. I wanted to do it to, but i barely know Japanese (can't learn all that Kanji) and not good enough with English to make it right. (And translation from Japanese into Russian is really bad idea, because it's need a proper hack which include insertion of symbol table, buggy if there is Japanese symbols left somethere and causing just so many problems with hex-editing while you starting to use cyrillic that it takes unholy ammount of time even with smallest projects.)

Reactions: Fon Spaak

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think I read someone posted that Gihren greed has a steep learning curve or something but pretty good gameplay.

Good luck to whoever translating that one. Pretty sure that needs great depth knowledge about that universe.

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have given up on translating the game, i wish you luck if anyone is doing gihrens greed threat of axis, but if you need assistance on the Universal Century timeline, i will gladly help, and Danikk, how is that texture mod going.

Last edited by Fon Spaak,

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have given up on translating the game, i wish you luck if anyone is doing gihrens greed threat of axis, but if you need assistance on the Universal Century timeline, i will gladly help, and Danikk, how is that texture mod going.

I see.
It's okay. I really understand how hard it is to translate those Novel-like texts in the game.
Gihren's Greed also has a LOT of story-tweaks based on the player's decisions.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I think Danikk's texture mod is done (I tested them personally) and he's currently helping out with the insertion/editing process + spotting any lines that I missed :X. Clean aside, other editors went MIA, for now.

Reactions: CrashmanX

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm still around, just haven't really had much to work on since it's translation/editing work that's getting done right now.

EDIT: Also been working on side projects like an RPG Maker Pokemon/Mecha game.

Reactions: danikk

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The SD Gundam G Generations Overworld HQ texture patch has been released!

Attacks:
2sb0hlz.jpg

2gt9imu.jpg

e7e6th.jpg

bio3te.jpg

Map Sprites:
24pa1zp.png

a4sqwj.png

4vpbg6.png

29sarc.png

30vk8ib.png

rlgrhi.png
Note: Despite the screenshot having translated text on them, this patch does not contain any translations, the game will still be Japanese after you apply it! The translation patch is still work in progress, and has not yet been released!

more screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgvbqmj1xr1r3kk/AAB1QwoDjQCEiVo-o93OhDL_a?dl=0

The patch is released in two parts:
  • Combined HQ textures (Current version: Attack textures 1.5 + Map Sprites 1.2)
  • Optional PPSSPP HQ Texture replacement (Current version: 1.0)
Install instruction:
  1. No translations in this patch!
  2. Download the Patch files and XDelta from one of these links:
  3. Open XdeltaUI, and open the patch you want to apply.
  4. For source select you original Overworld iso
  5. Set an output file, and press "Patch". The output file will be the name of the patched iso.
  6. Have Fun!
Extra HQ textures Installation (requires PPSSPP 1.3):
  1. Unpack the contents of "NPJH50681.zip" into the "[PPSSPP dir]\memstick\PSP\Textures\" directory, if the "Textures" directory doesn't exist, you need to create it manually.
  2. Make sure texture replacing is enabled in PPSSPP (should be on by default). It is in Settings->Tools->Developer Tools->Replace Textures
Savestates are not compatible between normal and the patched version, so do a normal save before patching.

Changelogs:

Attack textures 1.5:
  • Replaced textures for the all attacks of the Tieren Space Type (Leader)
  • Replaced textures for the Beam Saber Attack of the Virgo II
  • Replaced textures for the Twin Buster rifle of the Wing Zero Gundam (EW)
  • Replaced textures for the Beam Saber Attack (miss) and evasion of the Muramase
  • Fixed part missing from the Beam Saber attack of the X Gundam (File corruption)
  • Fixed Broken Bazooka attack for the Gundam Mk-II (bad replacement)
  • Fixed shadow of the Leo (Ground type) when evading (bad replacement)
  • Fixed GN Beam Gun attack of th GN Armor Type-E (bad replacement)
  • Fixed Alvatore GN field deployment Texture glitch (bad replacement)
  • Fixed 00 Gundam icons not loading in custom BGM (corrupt file)
  • Fixed character icons not loading in the Custom BGM screen for the 00 Movie (corrupt file)
  • Fixed minor black lines during some attack animations
  • Fixed Gundam Unit 02 (MLRS) having its number mirrored in some cases
Map Sprites 1.2:
  • Fixed disjoint with Bertigo facing North
  • Fixed Zaku 50
  • Fixed Dice Gundam
  • Fixed minor glitches on Ground Gundam
  • Fixed minor glitches on Nightingale
  • Fixed GM Sniper Floating
  • Changed movement sprite for Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II (GN Drive glow)
PPSSPP HQ patch 1.0
  • Added higher resolution replacements for
    • A good number of ship map sprites
    • Many ship attack animations
    • Most standing character images in the character training menu
    • Most character icons in the Custom BGM Menu
Attack textures 1.4:
  • New Animation for the Birmingham’s AA laser cannon and 2-barrel beam cannon attacks
  • New Animation for all of the Dijeh Base Jabber’s attacks
  • New Animation for the Dreissen Base Jabber”s Beam Cannon and Tri-Blade attacks (ported from SD Gundam World)
  • New Animation for the Zaku III Base Jabber”s attacks (ranged weapons ported from SD Gundam World)
  • New Animation for the Gustav Karl (Kessaria)’s Ranged attacks
  • New Animation for the Gwanban’s Mega Particle Cannon attack
  • Extended Animation for the Beam Rifle of the Nu Gundam (Ported from SD Gundam World)
  • Fixed continuity error during the combination attack between Gyuney’s Jagd Doga and the Sazabi (The Jagd Doga’s funnels appeared docked on the unit while it was firing its beam rifle, even though they were released beforehand, and in fact are flying around the suit).
  • Fixed Beam Shield not showing up during the Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai’s Defend animation (Game bug)
  • Fixed Vigna Ghina II Jupiter Battle Spec having the wrong head insignia during unit cutin (Game bug)
  • Fixed wheel animation for all attacks of the Gedlav and the Zollidia (Game bug)
  • Fixed wheel animation for the Bruckeng (Commander Type)’s Tackle attack (Game bug)
  • Fixed several incorrectly replaced textures:
    • Fixed minor graphical glitches in the funnel attacks of the Sazabi and the Alpha Aizeru
    • Fixed minor graphical glitches in the close range evade animation of the Nightingale
    • Fixed the Beam Saber attack animation of the Heavygun
    • Fixed the evade/defend animation of the Vigna Ghina
  • Replaced evade animation for the Xamel
  • Replaced evade animation for the Qubeley and Qubeley Mk II (Black)
  • Replaced evade animation for the Grand Zam
  • Replaced defend animation for the Psyco Gundam Mk II
  • Replaced Beam Saber attack for the Gelgoog Cima Custom
  • Replaced Vulcan Cannon attack for the Shurtzum Diaz
  • Replaced Beam Rifle, missile and first half of the beam saber attack ot the Re-GZ Custom
  • Replaced all animations for the Methuss (MA)
  • Replaced all attack animations for the GM III and fixed the evade/defend animation being incorrectly replaced with the wrong color scheme (red instead of green)
  • Improved textures for the DX Gundam’s Satellite Cannon attack
  • Minor Improvements on many textures
Map Sprites 1.1.5:
  • Changed the srite of the RF Musai to be consistent with the rest of the ship graphics
  • Fixed the thruster fins of the Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai’s being purple instead of red (game bug)
  • Fixed the Ground GM floating when facing South
  • Fixed Gyuney’s and Quess’s Jagd Doga
  • Fixed disconnect on the Alpha Azieru’s wings
  • Fixed Hi-Nu Gundam when facing West
  • Fixes on Barzam, Wing Zero Gundam, GP 03 Dendrobium Orchis

Attack textures 1.3:
  • FIxed compatibility with newer versions of PPSSPP (1.01+)
  • Replaced/improved textures for the Big Tray and Gallop “ships”
  • Replaced rear beam attack for Dolos
  • Replaced Vulcan attack for Blue Destiny Unit 02
    • Cleaned up the shields for the Blue destiny Units 02/02 Nimbus Custom/03
  • Replaced evade/defend animation for Gundam Unit 01
  • Replaced Beam Saber attack for the GM Quel
  • Changed the evade animation for the Hidolfr to a (slightly) higher quality one
  • Fixed game bugs: Animations with quickly alternating frames show a static frame due to the lower frame rate of the PSP compared to the PS2 (which the game engine was originally made for), some of these animations are now fixed, by modifying their internal timings:
    • The Guntank now has animated threads when attacking (both attacks)
    • Corin’s Kapol’s Drill bat is now rotates during the attack cutin (first attack)
  • Fixed several incorrectly replaced textures:
    • Fixed GM Command Beam Saber attack
    • Fixed minor graphic bug in the Kampfer’s Sturm Faust attack
    • Fixed evade/defend animation for Leo (Ground Type)
    • Fixed the “Alex” text on the shield being mirrored during part of the Gundam Alex’s sword attack (from the player’s perspective)
    • Fixed the “02” text on the Gundam Unit 02 being mirrored during part of the multi-target nuke attack, and during evasion/defense (from the player’s perspective)
  • Removed commander antenna hole from the Zaku II’s head during its machine gun attack
  • Fixed transparent hole in the GM Sniper Custom’s head during snipe attack
  • Removed leftover TV station logo from the Ambat Control room background (stage A6)
  • Minor Improvements on many textures
  • Fixed several corrupted files
Attack textures 1.2:
  • Fixed Akatsuki shiranui mode sword attack
  • New animation for the Nana Buluku missile and cannon attacks
  • Improved textures for White Base
  • Replaced melee attack for Ball Type K
  • Replaced evade/defend animation for
    • Zaku Warrior W (Rey Custom)
    • Zaku Warrior W (Meer Custom)
    • Netix
    • Rig contio
    • Leo (Ground Type)
    • 0 Gundam (Combat Colour)
  • Minor Improvements on some textures
  • Added replacement for the Decloaking Girty Lue on A3 (should belong in Map sprites, but this texture is in DATAINS.DNS)
  • Added replacement for the launching Archangel and Sumaragi on C4
Attack textures 1.1.1:
  • Fixed Zaku Warrior W grenade attack
  • Fixed beam rifle glitch in Ex-Sentinel Gundam's Sword attack

Attack textures 1.1:
  • Fixed a small visual bug in Gundam Ashtaron Hermit Crab's Satellite Cannon attack
  • Added replaced textures for Gundam Virtue (evasion, GN shield and all attacks expect Trans-Am)
Map Sprites 1.1.4:
  • FIxed compatibility with newer versions of PPSSPP (1.01+)
Map Sprites 1.1.3:
  • Fixed minor issues on the Akatsuki shiranui mode sprite
  • Fixed Alpha Aizeru
  • Fixed minor issues on Shianju, Zaku III and Dreissen
  • Added replacements for the statues on Hell 3 (Fearsome Heroes)
Map Sprites 1.1.2:
  • Fixed Apsalus II
  • Fixed minor issues Ex Sentinel
  • Fixed minor issues on 7 other sprites
Map Sprites 1.1.1:
  • Fixed Alvatore
Map Sprites 1.1:
  • Fixed 13 broken sprites (If anyone finds more please report it)
  • Changed Zaku II and Dom Funf stationary sprites+small icons on mission B6 to be more appropriate to the context (unfortunately, I can't do mission specific replacements of the "moving" sprites, or the attack textures)

Last edited by danikk,

Mateus Quinto Alves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[QUOTE = "danikk, post: 6051344, membro: 358799"] Como disse Adank, o mod textura é completa, e eu fui testá-lo por um tempo agora com os outros. Uma vez eu adicionei as correções atuais eu vou atualizar o pacote, e fazer um lançamento público (provavelmente hoje).

editar: E aqui vai:

As gerações SD Gundam G Overworld HQ remendo textura foi lançada!

O patch é lançado em duas partes:
  • texturas ataque HQ
  • HQ mapa sprites
Instale instruções:
  1. Baixar os arquivos de patch e UMDGEN a partir daqui: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByfNnBLIIZXvbE5SWEFfUndwNlU&usp=sharing
  2. Abrir UMDGEN, e abrir o seu iso Overworld com ele
  3. Ir para INSDIR e substituir DATAINS.DNS com o que você tiver baixado
  4. Ir para USRDIR e substituir DATAUMD.CPK com o que você tiver baixado
  5. Salve o seu iso com um novo nome (não tente substituir o iso que você abriu, UMDGEN irá falhar!)
  6. Diverta-se!

Devido ao pequeno resolução dos sprites mapa substituídos são um pouco embaçada, uma vez que sempre que isso parece melhor do que o original é subjetiva, se preferir rancores mapa do original mais pixelizada, só não substituir DATAUMD.CPK, ele só tem o mapa sprites .

Nota: PPSSPP 1.1.1 não irá carregar com o iso modificado por algum motivo, utilize PPSSPP 1.0. O patch não foi testado em um PSP real (Se alguém tentar isso, por favor postar os resultados),
Savestates não são compatíveis entre normal e a versão corrigida, assim como normal, salvar antes de remendar.

Changelog do lançado internamente 1.0:
texturas de ataque:
  • Corrigido um pequeno bug visual em ataque Satellite canhão de Gundam Ashtaron eremita
  • Adicionado texturas substituídos para Gundam Virtue (evasão, GN escudo e todos os ataques esperar Trans-Am)
Mapa Sprites:
  • Fixos 13 sprites quebrados (Se alguém encontra mais por favor informe)
  • Alteradas Zaku II e Dom fünf sprites estacionários + ícones pequenos B6 missão de ser mais apropriado para o contexto (infelizmente, eu não posso fazer missão substituições específicas dos "movimento" sprites, ou as texturas de ataque)
[/CITAR]
As AdanK said, the texture mod is complete, and I was testing it for a while now with the others. Once I added the current fixes I'll update the pack, and do a public release (probably today).

edit: And here it goes:

The SD Gundam G Generations Overworld HQ texture patch has been released!

The patch is released in two parts:
  • HQ attack textures
  • HQ map sprites
Install instruction:
  1. Download the Patch files and UMDGen from here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByfNnBLIIZXvbE5SWEFfUndwNlU&usp=sharing
  2. Open UMDGen, and open your Overworld iso with it
  3. Go to INSDIR and replace DATAINS.DNS with the one you have downloaded
  4. Go to USRDIR and replace DATAUMD.CPK with the one you have downloaded
  5. Save your iso with a new name (don't try to overwrite the iso you opened, UMDGen will crash!)
  6. Have Fun!

Due to the small resolution the replaced map sprites are a little blurry, since whenever this looks better than the original is subjective, if you prefer the original more pixelated map spites, just don't replace DATAUMD.CPK, it only has the map sprites.

Note: PPSSPP 1.1.1 won't load with the modified iso for some reason, use PPSSPP 1.0. The patch was not tested on an actual PSP (If anyone tries it, please post the results),
Savestates are not compatible between normal and the patched version, so do normal save before patching.

Changelog from the internally released 1.0:
Attack textures:
  • Fixed a small visual bug in Gundam Ashtaron Hermit Crab's Satellite Cannon attack
  • Added replaced textures for Gundam Virtue (evasion, GN shield and all attacks expect Trans-Am)
Map Sprites:
  • Fixed 13 broken sprites (If anyone finds more please report it)
  • Changed Zaku II and Dom Funf stationary sprites+small icons on mission B6 to be more appropriate to the context (unfortunately, I can't do mission specific replacements of the "moving" sprites, or the attack textures)
hi friend, you have another link, because I can not download files, please put another link as MEGA, please !!!! and I have a psp 3001 and will test it

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you give up because of quantity of text or because you faced with technical difficulties?
Well its rather different, (like i said, i wanted to do it myself) my computer suffered a huge crash that has rendered my computer useless,for me, buying another computer is out of option (due to finance problems at the moment) and i haven't gotten to the part in where i should be exploring the DATA.bin for in game text, and maybe the game text are probably
In there, i am not sure about the text quantity, but prepare yourself because it might be huge, and if you are going to do the translations, good luck.

Golkarnec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I seem to have encountered a bug with the Attack Sprite Patch. Whenever I try to load the game, no matter what version of ppsspp i use, the company logos don't display, and once i get to the title screen the game soft locks on a black screen. Looking through the console log, I THINK I found a potential problem
Code:
HLE\sceIo.cpp:2112 Not a valid PGD file. Open as normal file.
I'm not sure if the patch is broken, or if I'm screwing up somewhere in the process, though.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello! I seem to have encountered a bug with the Attack Sprite Patch. Whenever I try to load the game, no matter what version of ppsspp i use, the company logos don't display, and once i get to the title screen the game soft locks on a black screen. Looking through the console log, I THINK I found a potential problem
Code:
HLE\sceIo.cpp:2112 Not a valid PGD file. Open as normal file.
I'm not sure if the patch is broken, or if I'm screwing up somewhere in the process, though.

For me, that only happens with PPSSPP 1.1, but it works with PPSSPP 1.0. It seems it can't open DATAINS.DNS for some reason, maybe the file got corrupted at some point. Can you try re-downloading the file and packing it again?

Reactions: Mateus Quinto Alves

Mateus Quinto Alves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi here also did not work, the game looks the same and has not changed anything, you do not have the game already patch ???
Captura de Tela (771).png
Captura de Tela (770).png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For me, that only happens with PPSSPP 1.1, but it works with PPSSPP 1.0. It seems it can't open DATAINS.DNS for some reason, maybe the file got corrupted at some point. Can you try re-downloading the file and packing it again?
the game continues in Japanese, and I did the procedure correctly ...:cry:

Last edited by Mateus Quinto Alves,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh