Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

Wingstrike

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I've been following this thread on and off for a bit and I've noticed you need an English text editor (UK or US? I'm native UK but it's hardly that difficult to switch).

I'm willing to chip in if you still need the help?

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

Thanks for those who offered as an editor. Now that Loaka and Cleansweep got themselves into storyline stage edition again, we found that we are happy with the current state of the team. So, I will cross out and update the front page now. Sorry and thanks!

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to know that if it might be possible to edit the DATA.CPK files using a mobile device? And if it is possible, what other tools you might recommend in order to see the scripts.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, i want to know that if it might be possible to edit the DATA.CPK files using a mobile device? And if it is possible, what other tools you might recommend in order to see the scripts.
I don't know of a CPK extractor/creator written for mobile devices, and don't recall seeing any when I was searching for them when I was trying to unpack the Datains.DNS file (which is a CPK file despite the .DNS extension), but I wasn't looking for a mobile app.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I can't say that I know of any mobile programs for decrypting CPK files at all. It's quite the intensive process and takes even my quad-core PC some time to open up the files.

Zhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering what the progress of the english translation is looking like? Or if i missed a download link because it looks like you guys have moved on to the hd rendition of the game.

Zhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now its time to show all of you what I'm working on:

Sd Gundam Overworld HQ texture replacement project!

Before:
25it4pl.jpg

After:
20tgg93.jpg

As many of you who played earlier SD gundam games (Wars) have probably noticed, the graphics quality for many attacks in Overworld is much worse than before, yet some attacks (generally the new ones) look much better.

I was curious as to why this is and investegated the textures of SD Gundam G Generation Wars and Overworld, and eventually figured out the reason:
both games use paletted texture (usually with 256 colors), but Wars uses 512*512 textures, and OW uses 384*384 textures. The smaller size in itself is not the main cause of the quality loss, the problem is that there are very few ways to resize a paletted texture, and retain a limited number of colors. By the look of the textures they used a very simple resizing algorithm (most likely nearest neighbor), that retains the limied palette, but produces very low quality results.

What I'm doing, is extracting the textures from Wars, resize them with a more advanced algorithm (Lanczos), then reduce back the number of colors to 256 (using tinypng.com, because anything else I tried screwd up the transparency in the images). Even though the textures are converted twice, they still look better than the Overworld ones (generally ships have the most noticeable change).

Tis means that only animations that were already present in wars are getting replaced, but the newer ones usually look better anyway.

But I bet you don't just want to read about better textures, but want to see them:

The same with the original textures for comparison:

There are a few more videos on my channel.

2hgbnrt.jpg

2mww6tw.jpg

10gfdyx.jpg

rjgm54.jpg

2s0k4dw.jpg

bdod9c.jpg

w9v1aw.jpg

30swzec.jpg

v7ucx.jpg

2natlqd.jpg

3500wow.jpg

2lxwgnk.jpg

wr10ye.jpg

And now with eyes!
azhsia.jpg

34dpp4i.jpg

6jojuo.jpg

29p5bbs.jpg

10cjggw.jpg

2qi1ypx.jpg

1zo90rp.jpg

2dtniuc.jpg

x1ehko.jpg

You can find more screenshots that I collected through the project here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgvbqmj1xr1r3kk/AAB1QwoDjQCEiVo-o93OhDL_a?dl=0

Currently the project is approximately 30% complete.

This looks incredible!

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Was wondering what the progress of the english translation is looking like? Or if i missed a download link because it looks like you guys have moved on to the hd rendition of the game.

The translation is still being worked on by the others, and there is progress in the background, just nothing flashy that really could be shown.
The texture replacement is done by me since I'm not really good at translating stuff, so don't worry the translation project is not being slowed by the texture replacement project, and the two are going on in parallel.

This looks incredible!

Thanks!

Zeriu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am really looking forward to this patch. I just have one question. Is there anyway to use the patch on my PSP without it being hacked to play the ISO's? I own the actual game on a UMD. Can I apply the patch to the data installed from the UMD to my memory card? Or will I need to use an ISO of the game and patch it that way? If an ISO way is the only way possible can someone link me to a guide on how to play ISO's on my PSP. Much appreciated.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I am really looking forward to this patch. I just have one question. Is there anyway to use the patch on my PSP without it being hacked to play the ISO's? I own the actual game on a UMD. Can I apply the patch to the data installed from the UMD to my memory card? Or will I need to use an ISO of the game and patch it that way? If an ISO way is the only way possible can someone link me to a guide on how to play ISO's on my PSP. Much appreciated.

No. You'll need to mod your PSP in order to run ISO files. As far as linking a guide on how to, https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep