Hacking Screwed up bad, please help! vWII cIOS screw up!

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Usu
ally when you launch a game it requires a disc update to proceed. Ive launced smash bros after i screwed everything up and it didnt require anything at all.
Well for future reference, updating should always work via disc. If they ever release another vWii update (unlikely), you can just use a disc version to do it.

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity. I own 2 games on my semi bricked vWII Super Mario World WII U and Nintendo land. (they came already pre installed on the console, it was a bundle). Is there any way to move those games to my new wii u that doesnt come with the games installed?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't transfer stuff like that, just user information, games, and pre-approved channels (so not Homebrew Channel or any custom stuff)

The only thing that im really worried about is that during this process Wii U is actually formatted. Should i be worried?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that im really worried about is that during this process Wii U is actually formatted. Should i be worried?

I see no reason to be. It's not "formatted" so much as "wiped", all information that wouldn't be on the console from the box is erased, but the FW version stays the same and vIOS titles are left alone

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see no reason to be. It's not "formatted" so much as "wiped", all information that wouldn't be on the console from the box is erased, but the FW version stays the same and vIOS titles are left alone

ahh i see. Too bad i cant use my correct WII U to fix my Semi Bricked one :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotalInsanity4 Just wondering. There is always a possiblity that a game disc system update might actually correct the bricked wii u eh?

There's a possibility, I suppose, but it's mainly speculation at this point, as no one knows for sure how Wii U updates for vWii IOSs work (what it seems to be doing, though, is replacing specific target vIOSs regardless as opposed to replacing anything that's missing or corrupted). So like I said, possibly? It really depends on if vIOS 58 is ever updated

Jeremy Pettes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like I said earlier guys. Thank you all for helping me out though the problem wasn't fixed. Ill try and pay it forward with what i learned from this issue.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Nick87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am having the same trouble unfortunately after using NUS downloader to install IOS58 on my vWii. I have found a solution and I have been able to install a WAD via YAWMM to install a channel that will install IOS58-64-v6432.wad but I don't have this .wad. Any chance someone can PM me this IOS58-64-v6432.wad

Many thanks for everyone's help.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am having the same trouble unfortunately after using NUS downloader to install IOS58 on my vWii. I have found a solution and I have been able to install a WAD via YAWMM to install a channel that will install IOS58-64-v6432.wad but I don't have this .wad. Any chance someone can PM me this IOS58-64-v6432.wad

Many thanks for everyone's help.
Use this make sure to check the pack to wad option.
[Release] Unofficial NUSD for vWii

Nick87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the help. I am running into a few issues however. I managed to get vwii IOS58 Wad installer thingy channel installed using YAWMM but when i load it and select the wad i made using NUSD for vWii i get an error:

wrong hash for content #0 could not open file: sd:/IOS58-64-v6432.wad.out.wad error reading IOS into memory
IOS58 install failed.

I am unsure what i am doing wrong. I used NUSD with the vwii common key to create the .wad

I am trying to re install the HBC via hackmii installer as it hangs at the scam screen.

I have also tried to install the .wad via YAWMM but it won't install. I read somewhere that I need to repack the wad with wwpacker but the links are broke. Any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Nick87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it may be something to do with the .wad file I created using NUSD, as it appears that original IOS58 wads that people have been sent to repair on other threads have worked with IOS58 WAD Installer. There doesn't appear to be any other way for me to fix it. I can load homebrew launcher and wii mod lite through smash, my only issue is getting a proper IOS58 wad to install correctly enabling me to run hackmii to reapply the hbc.

I really hope i can fix this. I appreciate all your help. Thanks.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if you already tried this, but if you get IOS236 installer V6 for vWii as a .elf file and a clean copy of IOS 36 then you should be able to run the installer from Jodi and install a working IOS 236, which you can use with YAWMM to install your clean IOS 58.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@