Problems installing Wad on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by bowsertahu, Jan 31, 2016.

1. bowsertahu
    OP

bowsertahu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I found out, with the new Wiiu update not working, that one of my vWii ios was bad in some way shape or form. After running hackden's systemcheck, I discovered that my ios37 was at some point replaced with the regular wii version. I don't know how to get a hold of the vWii ios37 nor the best way to install it. If you guys have any help it would be greatly appreciated

2. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    Did you make a backup of your vWii ios with BlueDumpMod?

3. bowsertahu
    OP

bowsertahu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    No. I don't even think I knew that was a thing when I made this mistake. Really ignorant, I know. But now I'm stuck with this problem, and need a vios37, I'm pretty sure.

4. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Not sure if you would need an actual backup of your IOS or not for this. The walk-through doesn't state that they are console specific, but the fact that there are keys involved makes me think you would need a backup specific to your console to reinstall:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    After further reading, it appears this is true - You need a backup from your specific console:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Source threads:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-suggestion-for-all-softmodded-vwiis.369198/

Last edited by Maximilious, Feb 1, 2016
  5. shaneod

shaneod GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2011
    Either that or you could try using NUSD to download and pack a copy of vWii IOS 37.

Last edited by shaneod, Feb 1, 2016
  6. bowsertahu
    OP

bowsertahu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I did that. I was getting a -1017 error for a while, until I patched my ios236 and used that to install rather than ios249. Then I was able to uninstall and reinstall a regular wii ios37 (that I thought was a vWii version) but when I use the version from NUSD I get a -1022 error, and I don't really know what's causing it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wait, so is there some way I can find my console specific key without dumping the ios? Because the original ios seems to be long gone and the key I was using for NUSD was the vWii common key

7. bowsertahu
    OP

bowsertahu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    OKAY GUYS! I FIGURED IT OUT! :) For anybody who needs a vWii ios to update, but never dumped their ios, try this:

1. Find the vWii common key online
    2. Use this along with the NUSD to download the ios you need (ios37 in my case)
    3. After you download and pack the wad for the ios you need, use wwPacker to repack it using the NoMod option.
    (drag the original wad onto the corresponding bat file)
    4. Use a wad installer (I used yawmm) to install the wad onto the ios you need to replace.
    5. If you get an error 1017, may need to get the ios236 installer from this post and use ios236 to install your wad.

Net-KILLER, Maximilious and shaneod like this.