Scene dev Zecoxao teases new $3 modchip for the OLED Nintendo Switch, involves a Raspberry Pi

asddasdsa.png

Scene developer Zecoxao might be known for their contributions to the PlayStation hacking world, but this time around, they've got something major for the Nintendo scene. The longtime scener teased the existence of what they claim to be a $3 modchip for the Nintendo Switch, and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles. A teaser video was also uploaded, where the modchip itself was revealed to be a Raspberry Pi--specifically, a RP2040 Zero unit, soldered into the Switch board, demonstrating Hekate launching on an OLED unit.

Given the tease of "coming soon", we can expect to see more details about the exploit eventually.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602079473628856320

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/1602199810358083587

Acide0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is the erista version, but it has already been said that the module does not work, in the lite it does not have the connector that you mention and in the Oled neither, I want to think but what I do see is that it is more delicate to manipulate the area where it is the cartridge reader but in the Oled we have enough space, the problem is the lite, but there we can remove the reader, not easy but it is possible, if you look at it carefully you can, but it will be a more laborious and ultra delicate process because just below the soldering of the reader is the screen connector, and since it is made of plastic, you have to be very careful, but if you can
The v2 mariko are compatible And are the same as v1 with the touch screen connect to the cartridge module.
for lite after flashing the raspberry, remove usb port and botons so it will fit.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At some point, he's going to have to open that box..
No, because the cat knows whether it's alive or dead.

Schrodinger was trolling the quantum theorists, he was a dick. He seemed to get stuck on the idea that observers must be human. The observer doesn't even need to be sentient.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Cyan

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
and which is said to work with Mariko and OLED systems, though not patched Erista consoles
What's the difference between Mariko and Erista, again?
I know there's the launch model, the revision with the red box, Lite, and then the OLED revisions; I just don't know how Mariko and Erista fit into that.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What's the difference between Mariko and Erista, again?
I know there's the launch model, the revision with the red box, Lite, and then the OLED revisions; I just don't know how Mariko and Erista fit into that.
Are hardware revisión

https://gbatemp.net/threads/marikos-support-coming-for-linux-and-android.613909/post-9934692

Taking out something I have on my stack:, can we agree in these Nintendo Switch Versions?

AliasModelCode NameSOC
Original (unpatched or patched)HAC-001IcosaErista
Red BoxHAC-001-01IowaMariko
LiteHDH-001HoagMariko
OLEDHEG-001AulaMariko

SOC is System on a Chip is the revision of the main Chip on the board. Mariko is a revised version which have a better performance and battery life.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a raspberry pi with I think all accessories. it's never been used. it's a version 4a or b one iirc. I don't plan to exploit my system. doesn't anyone think that will be worth something?

Reactions: impeeza

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most things I have are USB type C now, including my phone, GoPro, Gameboys, GBxCart RWs, my laptops, and Nintendo Switch. I think the only things I own with Micro USB on them is my DualShock 4 and my FiiO MP3 player. Micro USB just needs to go die in a hole and never come back. Worst peripheral connector ever since the DB25.
what's wrong with db25?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what's wrong with db25?
nothing at all, DB25 is the king of connectors, with more than 80 years of peripherals.

even the phone can have the little brother DB9 :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

DB9PaTelefono.jpg

The only problem of the Micro USB is what the host connector was designed to protect the cable connector, so, the expensive host connect get damaged instead of the cheap one on the cable only with good use, Engineers!

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nothing at all, DB25 is the king of connectors, with more than 80 years of peripherals.

View attachment 343249

The only problem of the Micro USB is what the host connector was designed to protect the cable connector, so, the expensive host connect get damaged instead of the cheap one on the cable only with good use, Engineers!
that's a 15 pin d-sub

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 343249

can't go wrong with "cable mania." :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2