Mariko's support coming for Linux and Android

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it means you can use it without opening it or using a modchip?
Currently L4T and Android are not supported on mod chipped devices. Work can now commence to change that and get them working on mod chipped devices. The modchip will still be required to hack the device in the first place.

Reactions: peteruk

Excitedguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what will happen first, me receiving my Steam Deck in Q3 or this being released for mariko devices? I'm guessing the Steam Deck since development takes a while....

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
V1a Erista Upatched
V1b Erista Patched
V2 Mariko (include the lite)
V3 Aula (OLED)?

is this a more full list?

I was wrong and mixing SOC names and Switch models. There’s only Erista and Mariko for SOC

Taking out something I have on my stack:, can we agree in these Nintendo Switch Versions?

AliasModelCode NameSOC
Original (unpatched or patched)HAC-001IcosaErista
Red BoxHAC-001-01IowaMariko
LiteHDH-001HoagMariko
OLEDHEG-001AulaMariko

there are another version on the wild?

was reading on the net, the code name for the tegra chip is "Logan" so the code name for the SOCs are related to Wolverine: Erista (Wolverine's son) y Mariko (Mariko Yashida, former love interest of Wolverine) could be, but Icosa, Iowa, Hoag & Aula I can't relate to Wolverine world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

Last edited by impeeza,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To my understanding a moddel OLED Switch is the best. It uses a coldboot exploit, the 16 mm transistors let you overclock it to higher frequencies, the screen looks the nicest and it can run in both docked and handheld mode. The disadvantage is the price.

You can also argue that a good PC is better because it runs games at higher resolutions and framerates.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Taking out something I have on my stack:, can we agree in these Nintendo Switch Versions?

AliasModelCode NameSOC
Original (unpatched)HAC-001IcosaErista
Red Box (Patched)HAC-001-01IowaMariko
LiteHDH-001HoagMariko
OLEDHEG-001AulaMariko

there are another version on the wild?

was reading on the net, the code name for the tegra chip is "Logan" so the code name for the SOCs are related to Wolverine: Erista (Wolverine's son) y Mariko (Mariko Yashida, former love interest of Wolverine) could be, but Icosa, Iowa, Hoag & Aula I can't relate to Wolverine world.
Aliases in the table aren't quite right, Icosa/Erista comes in unpatched and patched (determine by serial number or just test sending a payload), Red Box isn't patched per se but the Mariko SOC doesn't have the same bug as Erista. Otherwise nice table.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Aliases in the table aren't quite right, Icosa/Erista comes in unpatched and patched (determine by serial number or just test sending a payload), Red Box isn't patched per se but the Mariko SOC doesn't have the same bug as Erista. Otherwise nice table.
Ok, the "Red box" it's externally the same of the "original"? and for sure red box y mariko soc?

Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Always Coca-Cola!