Homebrew SaveMii leads to a black screen after installing a second game

Yoast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong 'cause I'd like to copy the saves for all my games.

Here's the situation: I have installed Xenoblade Chronicles X (XCX) to a USB drive using Mocha CFW and WUP Installer GX2 on my WiiU (5.5.4). I followed the guide on wiiu.hacks.guide and everything seems to work fine. The game works and I used SaveMii successfully to copy my save from NAND to USB (at the same time I made a back-up of all my saves which worked fine).

I then continued and installed using WUP Installer GX2 some other games (Mario Party 10, Super Mario 3D World, Mariokart 8 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate). All the games work, but when I now start SaveMii (browser->Mocha->SaveMii) I end up with a black screen right after the splash screen.

If I install a single game (tested are party 10, 3D world and XCX), SaveMii works and I can copy my save from NAND to USB (or restore from SD). But as soon as I install a second game, I end up with a black screen. If I install 2 (or more) games at the same time, I also get a black screen.

I saw another thread here "who-else-is-getting-black-screens-in-savemii-mod" which seems similar, but the modified SaveMii versions posted in that thread all throw an exception.

I was hoping there would be some kind of logging function in SaveMii to see what happens, but I can't see anything.

Any suggestions?

lolman9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue with wup installer, but it went away. This seems to be a common issue with homebrew launcher, but maybe someone else would know more?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dump your otp and seeprom keys you can also extract the saves that are stored on an wii u encrypted external HDD using wfs-extract from wfslib.
You can copy your saves from the internal NAND to the encrypted hdd from the wii u disk management as well, so it is pretty straight forward.
When all your saves are stored on the USB HDD, you can dump the path "/usr/save/00050000/" with wfs-extract to have all the saves on your pc so you can use them for cemu as well.
An example command could be
"wfs-extract --input \\.\PhysicalDrive3 --output D:\wiiu_saves --dump-path /usr/save/00050000/ --otp otp.bin --seeprom seeprom.bin"

Last edited by Wuigi,

Yoast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the suggestions.

You can copy your saves from the internal NAND to the encrypted hdd from the wii u disk management as well, so it is pretty straight forward.

I initially used disk management to copy the saves to the HDD, but it overwrote the game that I installed on the HDD. Thanks to your comment I realized that I could try it the other way around. First copy the save, then install the game. This worked like a charm.

Although the issue is still there (SaveMii gives a black screen after splash) I managed to transfer my saves to the HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc