Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nice :) Which version?
i was able to do only with black and white ones

can't connect ds with my sister computer... because it only supports wep and connectify only uses wpa2, i spend the whole day trying to find a way, i read windows 7 doesn't support other AP modes besides wpa2...

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was able to do only with black and white ones

can't connect ds with my sister computer... because it only supports wep and connectify only uses wpa2, i spend the whole day trying to find a way, i read windows 7 doesn't support other AP modes besides wpa2...
Oh yeah, I had that problem. Eventually I got my old Edimax adapter to work with some outdated drivers instead. I might try to connect with the NoSSL patched Diamond/Pearl a bit later.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
just for curiosity, this was my setup, my desktop doesn't have wifi, and the laptop only have 1 wifi card... so i wired the laptop to the router and used the laptop for capture

since connectify can't support wep or open network, i could only use the 3ds with the dsi games (gen5)

and i was with doubts if my desktop could capture data from the ds to the router, since its a switch and not a hub... thats why i used the laptop... otherwise i just used the router to connect both consoles to WFC and captured it using the desktop

and i dont know why, i was unable to battle or trade via WFC with this setup (maybe the router is having problems with the ports, even if i disabled the firewall for this experience).. i could use gts... and was able to access the union room and see the other person with no problem, i just couln't trade or battle it get stuck on "waiting for other to answer"... i tried it several times

Attachments

• setup.png
    setup.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 341

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just for curiosity, this was my setup, my desktop doesn't have wifi, and the laptop only have 1 wifi card... so i wired the laptop to the router and used the laptop for capture

since connectify can't support wep or open network, i could only use the 3ds with the dsi games (gen5)

and i was with doubts if my desktop could capture data from the ds to the router, since its a switch and not a hub... thats why i used the laptop... otherwise i just used the router to connect both consoles to WFC and captured it using the desktop

and i dont know why, i was unable to battle or trade via WFC with this setup (maybe the router is having problems with the ports, even if i disabled the firewall for this experience).. i could use gts... and was able to access the union room and see the other person with no problem, i just couln't trade or battle it get stuck on "waiting for other to answer"... i tried it several times

I don't know exactly how it's run, but it sounds like you can connect to Nintendo (GTS) but not other players (battling etc)?

My computer crashed after I finished recording packets for Diamond, and now I can't connect. :glare:

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't know exactly how it's run, but it sounds like you can connect to Nintendo (GTS) but not other players (battling etc)?

My computer crashed after I finished recording packets for Diamond, and now I can't connect. :glare:

i can connect to GTS, i can battle on GTS i can upload videos to GTS, and deposit\withdraw pokemons. since i got 2 consoles and games i tried to connect them using the internet (pal pad codes) i could see my charaters on the rooms, but when i clicked on them for battle\trade it just show some kind of loading and then does nothing... (but on wireshark i can see packets transmission) i think the router blocks some of the packets or the problem may be because i am using the same internet connection...

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can connect to GTS, i can battle on GTS i can upload videos to GTS, and deposit\withdraw pokemons. since i got 2 consoles and games i tried to connect them using the internet (pal pad codes) i could see my charaters on the rooms, but when i clicked on them for battle\trade it just show some kind of loading and then does nothing... (but on wireshark i can see packets transmission) i think the router blocks some of the packets or the problem may be because i am using the same internet connection...
Could be - your connection has so many stages it's probably tough to find the fault. Well done for getting something though: it must have taken quite a bit of effort to get it to work

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Could be - your connection has so many stages it's probably tough to find the fault. Well done for getting something though: it must have taken quite a bit of effort to get it to work

the pal pad thing is hard to connect, i remember trying to connect to 2 of my friends and we had a really hard time to make it work because them firewall was blocking...
maybe i will try again tomorrow, when using too many wifi devices i get an headache the whole day i don't know exactly why....

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the pal pad thing is hard to connect, i remember trying to connect to 2 of my friends and we had a really hard time to make it work because them firewall was blocking...
maybe i will try again tomorrow, when using too many wifi devices i get an headache the whole day i don't know exactly why....
Maybe because it's so complicated it hurts your brain.... or maybe this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity :P

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Maybe because it's so complicated it hurts your brain.... or maybe this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity :P

offtopic:

thanks for the information, i noticed on the past when i get my first phone just spending 2 minutes on it gived me an headache, its not pain exactly, is more like "heavy head" and it gets hard to think... this also happens when i use a 3g pen on the computer... when i was young i thought it was the phone screen (it was a cheap color screen) but when i did get the 3g pen i noticed it much more...

with my new phone i don't have this "headaches" and with wifi i only have if there is more than 3 devices really close...

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Back on topic: I've captured some NoSSL Diamond of me offering a Pokemon to the GTS, I think with video. Toad King will be getting PMed soon.

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally uploaded the source code for what I've written so far of the server emulator. You can find it here on Github.
Be warned that this code is still very highly alpha, and probably won't work (or very well) for other people. I'm still working on it so please be patient. Right now it'll only go as far as being able to log into the server.

The main focus as of right now is the Nintendo DS but this SHOULD also work for Wii games as far as the base of the server emulation goes. Anything game-specific will need to be handled on a case-by-case basis. I have an idea of how to implement that rather nicely using individual game modules if I get to that point.

Right now I'm in the process of documenting the master server and some of the player server (gpcm.gs.nintendowifi.net). The player server is currently enough to login/logout, create/destroy sessions, get the user's profile, update the user's profile (sorta), and respond to the keep alive message.

The master server/availability server currently can only respond to the availability check that happens after getting data from NAS and before connecting to the player server.

All of my reverse engineering is done on Tetris DS so I cannot guarantee that it'll work for other games until more testing is done. My goal is to get Tetris DS at least into a basic match before the servers go down.
You should look at this: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board42-kreativitaet/board329-mkw-server-project-english/ . They're trying to get Mario Kart (As well as other WFC games) working on an unofficial server, and your code may help them.

guard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of you have probably seen this, but http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-04-gamespy-servers-to-shut-down-next-month
might be of interest to the people in this topic.
On that German forum I think they had an argument over who's at fault: Nintendo's closedown removing a major source of Gamespy income, causing them to close, or Gamespy shutting themselves down, and bringing WFC with them.

That's not relevant here, but it might be interesting for anyone here who plays/played on other Gamespy services.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried using that with Mario Kart Wii, but I wasn't able to login. The program always told be "Invalid password". Do you have any clue why? What password does the tool want to have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good