Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if someone can figure out the most optimized way to randomize/change the TitleID so we can make packages with custom Icons & Names (seems like NSP Forwarder could somehow help) and not be limited on the amount of games. I have a bunch of custom icons ready to go already. 256x256 jpeg under 128kb each.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i played for 2 hours on Dracula X with Maria, i saved my game and realized if i changed the game and deleted my save.......

who can provide info on the following
- Can we use a tool like Switch Army Knife and extract and edit the intro Title
- a way to make the injected games to load directly without the cotton and Developer logos
- there is a function to stretch the image in wide screen, it settings its set to force aspect ratio, which number force the screen to be stretched
- if AM2R can have its own Title ID, how can we make several Cotton Duplicates to have multiple games
- info on how to change the game icon Image on Horizon (i think i know how to do this one)

eventually someone can make a tool injector to replace assets for both the Interface and remove the Developer intros before i figure it out
this probably needs hacPackTools-NACP or the SDK to rebuild the file, we can put any Title ID, thats as far as i have researched

Last edited by ZER-O,
Reactions: Levine91

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theres a big Castlevania Romhack that utilises the 4mb Cart, I tried it Yesterday but it crashed since there was no way to enable other Carts.. Working perfectly now we can edit the ini :)
How can you edit the .ini if it's encrypted?

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played for 2 hours on Dracula X with Maria, i saved my game and realized if i changed the game and deleted my save.......

who can provide info on the following
- Can we use a tool like Switch Army Knife and extract and edit the intro Title
- a way to make the injected games to load directly without the cotton and Developer logos
- there is a function to stretch the image in wide screen, it settings its set to force aspect ratio, which number force the screen to be stretched
- if AM2R can have its own Title ID, how can we make several Cotton Duplicates to have multiple games
- info on how to change the game icon Image on Horizon (i think i know how to do this one)

eventually someone can make a tool injector to replace assets for both the Interface and remove the Developer intros before i figure it out
this probably needs hacPackTools-NACP or the SDK to rebuild the file, we can put any Title ID, thats as far as i have researched

Personally I'm hoping either @EddCase or @shadow256 can possibly assist or shed some light on how we can make the injection or changing of the TitleID possible since they've worked on the GUI for NSP Forwarder which has been tremendous in other scenarios.

I've been trying for hours to find a way to just change the TitleID, but I feel like my limited knowledge is just making me hit a brickwall on that one.

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I'm hoping either @EddCase or @shadow256 can possibly assist or shed some light on how we can make the injection or changing of the TitleID possible since they've worked on the GUI for NSP Forwarder which has been tremendous in other scenarios.

I've been trying for hours to find a way to just change the TitleID, but I feel like my limited knowledge is just making me hit a brickwall on that one.

Would be awesome to open up Cotton 2 then have it go to an iso selection menu :)

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help.
It's not loading burning rangers.
What did I do wrong?

I dumped romfs, renamed burning rangers.cue to Cotton2.cue
Copied burning rangers.bin filles to romfs

P.S. I have since deleted the Cotton2.bin from my romfs folder but still no luck getting the injection to work.

Attachments

• 20211009_140914.jpg
    20211009_140914.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 120
Last edited by Thorhax,

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Help.
It's not loading burning rangers.
What did I do wrong?

I dumped romfs, renamed burning rangers.cue to Cotton2.cue
Copied burning rangers.bin filles to romfs

P.S. I have since deleted the Cotton2.bin from my romfs folder but still no luck getting the injection to work.
I had similar issue with games that only had one bin file. Then i used versions that has many bin files and then no issues. So it could help to use different gamefiles.

Reactions: Thorhax

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had similar issue with games that only had one bin file. Then i used versions that has many bin files and then no issues. So it could help to use different gamefiles.
Thx for the advice, I have a daytona rom with a bunch of .bin files, I'll try that.

Are you using the decrypted .ini file?

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Thorhax @helvetinperkeles every single game I tested had single .bin files (as I combined them with CDmage) so that should NOT be the issue... can you send an updated screenshot of what your romfs folder currently looks like?
This is the current romfs along with a screenshot of my cotton2.cue

I didn't touch the .ini file so it's the original encrypted Cotton2_Switch.ini

I used NXDUMPTOOL to dump the romfs

FYI I'm on
System 12.1.0
Atmos M.19.5 EmuMMC

Attachments

• 20211009_155030.jpg
    20211009_155030.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited by Thorhax,

Maskyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is the current romfs along with a screenshot of my cotton2.cue

I didn't touch the .ini file so it's the original encrypted Cotton2_Switch.ini

I used NXDUMPTOOL to dump the romfs

FYI I'm on
System 12.1.0
Atmos M.19.5 EmuMMC
I gotta ask since you're on the same firmware and atmosphere version as me-

have you tried changing your cotton 2 icon to a different image using the method from this thread?

gbatemp.net/threads/custom-game-icons-tutorial-and-sharing-hub-no-forwarders.574675/

I've been trying to change my name and icon for the game to match panzer dragoon zwei but I just can't get it to work for some reason

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I gotta ask since you're on the same firmware and atmosphere version as me-

have you tried changing your cotton 2 icon to a different image using the method from this thread?

gbatemp.net/threads/custom-game-icons-tutorial-and-sharing-hub-no-forwarders.574675/

I've been trying to change my name and icon for the game to match panzer dragoon zwei but I just can't get it to work for some reason
not yet, I'm trying to get the injection working first. No point in changing the icon if I can't swap the game.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm sounding like a broken record here and i'm sorry but if someone can get me through here i would be more than happy. I'm stuck in Virtual on control device select screen. I'm unaible to select player 2 cotroller type. I use my joycons and they do work but this game refuses to exept my red joycon as player 2 so i can't get past this.

Attachments

• 20211009_105657.jpg
    20211009_105657.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning