Homebrew [Updated 7/17/17] Sandbox Engine DSi-Releases

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear,

You mean that it does not save a project in text file and that the only way to run it would be with a flashcard, which is pretty much another console connected to the 3ds?

I don't like. Besides I don't know much about FC's. Only if nintendo had the decentcy to give us the right petit computer(surpasing a flashcard's capability). Super cheep & fast.

Reactions: Margen67

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dear,

You mean that it does not save a project in text file and that the only way to run it would be with a flashcard, which is pretty much another console connected to the 3ds?

I don't like. Besides I don't know much about FC's. Only if nintendo had the decentcy to give us the right petit computer(surpasing a flashcard's capability). Super cheep & fast.
You know, programming an app is not just "write x and y into a text file and execute it". Different programming languages need different commands, do some stuff differently and get executed different. This app is in c or c++ but PC needs basic. This app is compiled with devkit arm but PC is an interpreter (and the code doesn't get compiled).
Such a 3d game is made of more than 10k lines of code which the author would have to rewrite completely. In addition to that, PC might be too slow to run the app at decent speed (interpreter with sandbox vs native machine code).
You should be able to run this with sudoku hax as well. There is a topic in the 3ds homebrew forum for that.
A flashcard is no complete console. A simple flashcard contains a flash storage, a FPGA, a SD slot and some simple parts like resistors. A console contains ram, vram, a CPU, a cartridge slot, several ics etc.
Petit computer isn't developed by Nintendo.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi so i realised it's been quite a while since the last update, 8/12/2014 to be exact.
just letting you guys know i haven't forgotten about this project i have actually been working on the next version of sandbox Engine DSi-Hybrid as of recently.
which im looking into releasing very soon most likely by the end of the day. mostly fixing some broken things from the last update.
iv also updated the new official youtube for the project so check that out too.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF-6IY58zLldjw_yF3KV7sw

im currently making small updates to the site to organize things more.
once this update releases i should be back to the regular update schedule or atlast close. :creep:

i also thanks to a few tools released recently updated DSi my version of Sudokuhax from v1.0 to v1.1 so im testing to see what that changes.

Last edited by T3GZdev,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up