Hacking Sakura is somewhat of a dissapointment!!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The main reason it hasn't been translated is because no one has hacked it to make it region-free. It can still be translated right now, but there would be no point since no one would be able to use it. I can't read Chinese, but if the firmware is hacked, I'm sure someone would come up with a translation.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the main reason the Chinese version isn't translated is that people are anticipating an official release. If another month goes by and it hasn't been released yet, I'm sure people will concentrate more on trying to translate the Chinese firmware. It's a joke that they have to do that though.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I think the main reason the Chinese version isn't translated is that people are anticipating an official release. If another month goes by and it hasn't been released yet, I'm sure people will concentrate more on trying to translate the Chinese firmware. It's a joke that they have to do that though.

99% sure their team just lazy...

It happens all the time......especially origin is from China.... been experiencing this in my field for a long time...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I completely agree that this would be totally different talk if we didn't have hacked version of Sakura..
People would be very angry, this way it's a bit easier to wait, but still......They really shouldn't have put those Sakura labels, before they completed the firmware!!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I really think the hacked version is fine, I enjoy my iSakuReal triple booter so I can wait for the official release. Also to those who are whining about RTS and that they have to use touchpod to use it and they don't want to, how about you use the bloody iTouch firmware huh? you only have to move your thumb a bit to the side when booting. On another subject those little Sakura logos on the M3 Real carts isn't false advertising. Think of it this way Sakura has been officially released in different regions, do you really think they want to have to spend money to have two different labels on the carts which don't have Sakura officially until a couple of months?

Give GBalpha/M3 a fucking break you're lucky they even exist and are doing this, if you're too impatient then go and buy another flashcart because you don't deserve anything from M3 then.

burp61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just saying, sakura was released like may 2008 and up until now they didn't have time to release the official sakura firmware for the U.S., also i know that we have a hacked version but why did they put region restrictions in the first place, can someone tell me that!!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burp61 said:
I am just saying, sakura was released like may 2008 and up until now they didn't have time to release the official sakura firmware for the U.S., also i know that we have a hacked version but why did they put region restrictions in the first place, can someone tell me that!!
Because then they can sell the asian, japanese and english/euro versions at different prices to/through their distributors. Not only do the distributors pay more for certain versions, but it also costs more to then customer after the additional shipping between manu/distro/cust. It's called price fixing, region/language locking their firmware is one of the most ridiculous 'features' of any third party 'unlocking' product I've ever seen.

In case you didn't know, on initial release and probably still the chinese version was selling at around 2/3 of the price of the english version, english version being artificially inflated in price as it doesn't have to compete with street-retail knockoffs - the chinese one I grabbed on initial release can easily be region swapped.

AXYPB: no effect, it still will come whenever it happens to if at all. I'm tempted to start digging for the region locks now that the skin builder is out (thx linfox) - there is no telling if they will cripple a worldwide release like they did with the m3perfect pda thing.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
burp61 said:
Hey did you know that there are other countries in the world other than America? and that some of them also speak english? Think about that next time before saying its for the U.S. Also they must be working hard on it so stop whining like a bitch and put up with it. If it weren't for them than you wouldn't have Sakura or an M3 Real.

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
burp61 said:
Hey did you know that there are other countries in the world other than America? and that some of them also speak english? Think about that next time before saying its for the U.S. Also they must be working hard on it so stop whining like a bitch and put up with it. If it weren't for them than you wouldn't have Sakura or an M3 Real.

U.S., Australia, U.K., South Africa, Canada... whatever he/she was just giving an example. No need to jump all over him/her for wanting a product that was originally promised. Besides, if you hadn't noticed there are OTHER flashcarts on the market. CycloDS, Acekard, Supercard, etc. It's this little system called competition, the company that has the highest customer satisfaction is the company that stands on top. So please go trolling elsewhere or contribute to the topic at hand.

And yes, region locking carts is the most ridiculous feature of these homebrew devices and makes no sense to me why they would be in place. Oh well, kinda hope to see Acekard come out on top because of my preference for Open Source stuff, but at the time I needed a card M3 offered the best product out there. Hopefully, the non-Asian Sakura comes out soon otherwise people might start jumping ship from the cart.

burp61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:

When were you in this thread; either contribute something or don't post.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you can stop whining like a little baby because your upgraded FREE software that allows you to pirate all kinds of media including games for FREE isn't out yet..

AMPonzi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahem, in an attempt to get the topic back to the topic at hand I will ignore the troll posts and continue on with the discussion.

I really only have one major question:
What in 1.34 is better than, worse than, or the same as 1.12+1? Has anyone been able to use it? Guessing compatibility and homebrew is the big difference, but what about any other issues? Changelogs are fine, yes, but it doesn't compare to a real usability test. So if anyone has insight into this and has used 1.34, please respond.

If you're just going to comment on people whining in a feeble attempt at raising your pitiful self-esteem, then please do not reply because some of us here are looking for meaningful discussion.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it adds touch pad (original m3 firmware to the boot loader)
its adds every fix that was with touchpad to sakura as well as homebrew compatibility
added nds rts to sakura

there are more features but these are just the ones I know

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really enjoy the Hacked iSakuReal, and I'm quite willing to wait for them to perfect all of the other features that I don't really use like RTS before the official release.

Since the information about Sakura was provided on the site under the News, I'm sure that the Multi-Lang release will not be far off.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Seiko said:
I really enjoy the Hacked iSakReal, and I'm quite willing to wait for them to perfect all of the other features that I don't really use like RTS before the official release.

Since the information about Sakura was provided on the site under the News, I'm sure that the Multi-Lang release will not be far off.

even they release right now its far off ..

they announce it like half year ago, and put up a tag on M3 Real, but where is the firmware? WHERE?

False advertising!!!!

burp61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill tell you, you will get it............soon
laugh.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shansoft said:
Mr.Seiko said:
I really enjoy the Hacked iSakReal, and I'm quite willing to wait for them to perfect all of the other features that I don't really use like RTS before the official release.

even they release right now its far off ..

they announce it like half year ago, and put up a tag on M3 Real, but where is the firmware? WHERE?

False advertising!!!!
thats not false advertisng

when a company announces say a new game but keep delaying and delaying and delaying the release date (like polyphony digital and the gran turismo series), is that false advertising?
nope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?