Sakura is somewhat of a dissapointment!!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by burp61, Dec 29, 2008.

Dec 29, 2008
  1. burp61
    OP

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    I dont get it, i used to be so excited about Sakura releasing before thinking it would be better than cyclo ds and supercard ds but it doesnt have rts, or in game text reader which the other two cards have, what is taking them so long, im not tryin to diss them but they said they would release an offical sakura for U.S. but they didnt do that either, all they are doing is compatability fixes and nothing else, even the original m3 ds real has surpassed it, when will they put the high end features, not only looks that the m3 users crave for???

2. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it could be only for the looks, and probably is.
    i crave it, only because it looks good! ;[

3. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Personally, I like how easy to use and responsive Sakura is.
    It'd be nice to have the in-game text reader,
    but that may eventually be added.

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It really doesn't matter to me if they release the official firmware. I'm perfectly happy with my iSakuReal firmware. If I want to boot ROMs or play media, I use Sakura. If I want RTS or am using homebrew, then TouchPod works great. I see no problems with the system that's out now.

5. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    actually, m3 team have start pissing me off lately...

I bought M3 Real with Sakura tag on it awhile ago...

and it have been half year now..

WHERE IS MY FUCKING OFFICIAL SUKURA FIRMWARE?

WHAT IS THE POINT OF PUTTING UP A SAKURA TAG ON MY M3REAL WHEN IT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST!!!!

and yes, we see the official chinese sakura firmware, BUT WHERE IS THE DAMN ENGLISH VERSION?

how HARD IT IS TO TRANSLATE THEM!!!!

I should have bought the chinese one instead of english one......

This is very disappointing, I was wondering if they are waiting for christmas release, but apparently not...

I might gone a bit extreme on the post, but this is how I feel right now...

6. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    What's the big deal? You still have the unofficial translation, and the official version won't be that different. Just use the unofficial one and stop complaining.

7. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well, the official firmware, which hasn't been hacked yet, does seem to have better homebrew support. And the Real firmware feels very sluggish compared to Sakura, which is kind of a downgrade if you come from Simply (I do). So these things DO actually matter to some of us.

I kind of agree with shansoft. Lately, I got the impression that the M3 team is giving a damn about us foreign M3 users. In the few months that Sakura has been released, there never was an official word that we are getting an English version at all. I am starting to believe that we won't.

8. burp61
    OP

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    we can't always rely on the users of gbatemp on hacking the official firmware, if they actually made the firmware, it would be so easy for them to translate it but i don't know why they don't, like 6 or 7 months ago i think they said the the official english firmware will come very soon but we still don't see it, they are just relying on the gbatemp masterminds to translate it for them so they can cut the extra slack and do whatever with it. I know that we have isaku pack for the rts but the m3 real ds firmware is so sluggish its almost not worth it and the homebrew compatibility is not the firmwares fault its because they cannot do the official translation and because its hacked that's why the homebrew doesn't work, the official asian sakura firmware has perfect compatibility, i cant see why the makers of it can make us a official translation again not dissing them but just saying what i feel on the subject.

9. yokomoko

Newcomer yokomoko Advanced Member

United States
    The Sakura firmware is much faster than the DS Real firmware(which is painfully slow), very responsive and it looks great. But why they had to take out RTS and good homebrew compatibility is beyond me. So Sakura is both better and worse than the Real firmware... Thankfully we have Isakureal, cuz it would be a rough decision for me to decide between the individual Real and Sakura firmwares at this point in time.

BTW, is it true that Sakura used to have RTS but they just took it out for some reason?

10. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    New version (Asian only!) is supposed to be improved, and it has RTS!

English version isn't released because there will be something like a multi-language version for Europe, and I know for sure that it'll have Spanish language as well..
    So I'm guessing that they need translation for those few languages (english translation is already done), and then, they'll release it....

And also, I'm thinking that they are improving protection, so newer versions can't be hacked to work on other carts!

11. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not only looks. When you compare it to the default M3 interface, it is much, much easier to use, far more responsive and faster to navigate. Even compared to the iTouch, it's a huge improvement.

I'm sort of disappointed it's taken them so long to update it (and for us to get the updates), but it's still very nice, and I wouldn't want to use any of the other options.

12. Rob_Threat

Member Rob_Threat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No.

Also... the new Chinese/Korean version seems to be quite a rework. I'm just surprised the Japanese version didn't get updated too.

The Chinese GBalpha forums are buzzing right now about A02. I think the US/EUR version will hit soon. Our buddy in HK, ahtin, said the Korean translation is based on the English version... at least some of the US/EUR OS is ready.

13. shansoft

Member shansoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if its ready why not release it already?

another vaporware of the year?

I been hearing too much of excuses, I am a programmer myself, sometime work with multi-language, translating etc...

and I don't find this to be a hard job to accomplish..

As I said, they are not releasing due to 2 possible problem..

1. Lazy ass programmer

2. M3 English Team is totally different from M3 Chinese team, and M3 English Team is either a lame programmer, or they didn't get something from Chinese team as they need....

Since there is a M3 Team member on forum, why does he never get into a subject like this?? and never replying to thread like this?

14. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    IMO, M3 Team went downhill after moving to the slot-1 arena. Sad, since they used to have the best slot-2 cards, although that's not even true anymore since they don't release any more updates for it, while SuperCard team still does support their old cards.

15. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    Believe me, if I could do it myself I would've hacked v1.34 the moment it came out. But iamanobody was the one who always removed the region lock for us and unfortunately he's not a regular forum person like some of us are. He only logs on once in a while, probably has a lot going on in real life.

I would like nothing more than to make this available for us all to use, but at the same time I think the guys who actually made it need to release it themselves. Although I don't really mind translating, the point is we shouldn't have to hack and translate it every time an update comes out.

*EDIT*
    Even if iamanobody were here to hack the latest release, I still can't read Chinese [​IMG] Either someone else would have to translate it or we'd have to settle for a Google-translated version *ugh*!

16. Rob_Threat

United States
    Weell... there isn't an English version... it's multi language. GBalpha/M3 is a very vague group... even the Chinese board members are always begging for news updates and cursing GBalpha/M3 Team for delays. At least the the DSReal is being updated... DSSimply and M3Perfect users got truly dropped.. although GBalpha/M3 is still promising some updates eventually. Seriously... Slot-2 updates are still promised.

Another thing to remember is that GBalpha/M3 hate when people hack their shit. Funny that a group whose main business is pirate movie players/ROM devices would care, but GBalpha/M3 really does. I'd be willing to bet they spent a decent amount of time trying to make the new Sakura somewhat tougher to crunch than our current region-free hack. When Slot-2 users back in the early days of M3Perfect were making Chinese M3s run English firmware updates, GBalpha/M3 changed the firmware so dramatically that the region markers weren't ever re-found. Why does GBalpha/M3 even bother to lock their piracy devices to a region anyway? Greed. Pirate's greed. [​IMG]

GBalpha/M3 also really take pride in their MoviePlayer status (remember M3 stands for MoviePlayer3). The Japanese Sakura (the hacked one we all use) can't run their exclusive MoviePlayer formats... GBM/GBS in GBA and DS modes & DSM (1.0/2.0 & the latest 2.2 - they'd been developing DSM 2.2 for joint release with Sakura Asia). They needed to achieve that because part of GBalpha/M3's sales pitch in China (& east Asia in general) is their huge database of movie/tv/animation downloads on their Chinese servers. No surprise, M3Sakura A01 & A02 can play all GBalpha/M3 formats and DPG1/2/3.

We'll just have to wait and see.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    why is the thing called sakura? sakura is a cherry blossom....(japanese romaji)

18. Rob_Threat

United States

Well, it was originally developed by MoonLight... who is a tensai Nihonjin (Japanese genius... more romanji) [​IMG]. GBalpha was seemingly trying to cultivate a "legal" market in Japan by having a version of the OS not load ROMs. However, it has been claimed that all early self-booting Slot-1s use the same "stolen" Nintendo code (claimed that's how DSi blocks 'em) so even without ROM loading... questionable legality in many countries.

So it's a mystery unless they tell us. [​IMG]

edit: it was originally suppossed to be released in the first week of April 2008 to coincide with the blooming of the Sakura, but there has to be more to it than that. [​IMG]

19. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There's no way to misinterpret this, really.

20. Sportsmaniac1322

United States
    Well this is new! And it's on their official site! This has to mean that we're looking at a release within the next week or two in my opinion!

On a side note I don't really like the side insert design. One of my favorite things to do is to leave the cart in and just take out the microsd. I guess it's not a big deal though.