Saints Row: The Third Remastered rated by the ESRB

header (8).jpg

It looks like we have another re-release of Saints Row: The Third on the way. An ESRB rating announcement has unveiled Saints Row: The Third Remastered, which is set to release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Previously, the game released last year on the Nintendo Switch, subtitled as The Full Package, packing together all downloadable content and a few new features unique to the Nintendo Switch. This remastered release will, as the name implies, likely have improved visuals, compared to the original 2011 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would they remaster the actual worst game in the series?
1 and 2 are absolute gems. Basically just GTA but with an actually fun story and shit to do. Incredibly fun experiences.

4 is when it went absolutely mental and was fun in its own right but completely different from 1 and 2.

3 was just a dull mess with barely any story, boring characters and all of the activities were trying too hard to be quirky and funny and ended up just being mediocre. It tried to go insane like 4 but just didn't do it well enough to work.

Reactions: Attila13

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 and 2 are absolute gems. Basically just GTA but with an actually fun story and shit to do. Incredibly fun experiences.
The amount of time i spent on the "scam assurance" thing running against trains and other stupid things is insane, I think I spent the same amount of time on that than the rest of the game back then.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would prefer that they updated Saints Row 1 & 2 before 3 as the first one never got ported and the 2nd one runs like hot garbage on PC.

Reactions: DJPlace

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
4 is when it went absolutely mental and was fun in its own right but completely different from 1 and 2.

3 was just a dull mess with barely any story, boring characters and all of the activities were trying too hard to be quirky and funny and ended up just being mediocre. It tried to go insane like 4 but just didn't do it well enough to work.
Felt it the other way around.

3 was like they took 1 and 2 and decided to try and have a more light hearted crazy approach to things instead of going hard and heavy drama like they were starting to push with 2. Some of the stuff in 2 was actually pretty damn dark. Gunplay and driving in 3 were both enjoyable (driving in 2 was a bit of a mess).

4 on the other hand felt like too much of a rehash of 3, possibly because of all the re-used assets (or that development for 4 started out as DLC for 3). From a structure standpoint there were too many hold-overs from 3, such as vehicles and most of the guns that simply stopped mattering due to all the super abilities you obtained right at the start of 4. Sure, it took the fun momentum of 3 and continued it, and 4 still has its fun times. But more of it felt fairly stale.

Reactions: injection18

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I would rather they remaster 2 though since it haf a better story, outfits and activities. I mean they found the source code and they haven't even fixed the PC port yet even though they promised to fix it.

3 already looks good on PC. They would probably rerelease the game with slightly better lighting and less DLC (they really hate that vampire dlc)

Last edited by fvig2001,

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania

But...but...but....
The giant purple dildo of madness tho... :sad:

Last edited by Attila13,
Reactions: DJPlace

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This will just be another lazy remaster of a saints row game. They haven't got it right yet on any system this gen. The PS4 version of sr4 was a mess . The switch versions are both garbage performance wise. This isn't going to be any different. Anyone who buys this sort of shite is why developers churn out lazy cash ins in the first place.

Of course I may be wrong this time around and they may do something other that just "get the code to work on new systems".

Last edited by kristianity77,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system