Safest way to proceed with probably MMC failure

ASimPerson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I plugged in my WiiU the other day for the first time in a couple of years. I needed to do a system update, so I did, and now it's stuck at 98%.

I now know what I'm up against. I've ordered a Raspberry Pico so I can hopefully dump logs soon to confirm it. In the meantime, I've left the system powered on. Perhaps this is a dumb question, but what's the safest thing to do with the system until I get the supplies I need to run UDPIH? Should I just unplug it?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My prediction is that UDPIH won't work. It will not even show a picture after you reboot it, because scfm crashes to early when it tries to flush. The only thing that then would help is to defuse. At least you then already have the pico for that.

Of course I could be wrong and UDPIH still works, so you should try that first. I don't think there is much point of leaving it powered on. Of course you could prepare the SD for the ISFShax install and try UDPIH on the still running system, but I don't believe that would work, especially since the MCP is probably already crashed and it would be to late for UDPIH (not sure in the update mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation