Safely back up Pokemon Omega Ruby save?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Crossvxm, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Crossvxm
    OP

Crossvxm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    I have Omega Ruby (digital version). Is there a way to safely back up my save file(s) to use on another console? I have CFW, am on the latest 11.8 and the last time I attempted to do this using Checkpoint (I assumed it would work) I got the ''corrupted save" message after restoring it.

NOTE: I don't play this game online at all.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Any save manager (JKSV, Checkpoint, SaveDataFiler, and even the ridiculously old svdt and save_manager) will make correct backups; the "error" you experienced is likely due to a mismatched secure value, which the first 3 programs should be able to handle (the first 2, automatically while importing a save, although they're not perfect)

Crossvxm and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. Bondrewd

Bondrewd Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    Mexico
    Are both games on the same version?
    Something similar happened to me with UM, it'd say that the save was corrupted then i updated and it worked

Crossvxm likes this.
  4. Crossvxm
    OP

Crossvxm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Would it be silly of me to make a back up using all of them to ensure one of them works? If it's a safer option, I'd be willing to do it.

Now that you mention it, this may have been the thing. The one I made the back up of was not updated, and I tried to restore it on a more updated one. However, even trying to restore it back on the one it was backed up from failed afterwards and my progress was a RIP.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    In general, having more than one backup (even better if on multiple devices) is smarter than only having one; but in this case, if you were to compare the files extracted by different tools, they would be 100% equal, just placed in different folders

Crossvxm likes this.
  6. Crossvxm
    OP

Crossvxm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for the late reply. I've decided to go this path. For the most part, it looks like JKSV is going to be my go to as it is very basic. It was the first one I tried and it worked perfectly, backed up on one 3DS and successfully restored in the other without issues. Thank you both very much for your help!