Gaming Safely back up Pokemon Omega Ruby save?

Crossvxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Omega Ruby (digital version). Is there a way to safely back up my save file(s) to use on another console? I have CFW, am on the latest 11.8 and the last time I attempted to do this using Checkpoint (I assumed it would work) I got the ''corrupted save" message after restoring it.

NOTE: I don't play this game online at all.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any save manager (JKSV, Checkpoint, SaveDataFiler, and even the ridiculously old svdt and save_manager) will make correct backups; the "error" you experienced is likely due to a mismatched secure value, which the first 3 programs should be able to handle (the first 2, automatically while importing a save, although they're not perfect)

Bondrewd

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are both games on the same version?
Something similar happened to me with UM, it'd say that the save was corrupted then i updated and it worked

Reactions: Crossvxm

Crossvxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any save manager (JKSV, Checkpoint, SaveDataFiler, and even the ridiculously old svdt and save_manager) will make correct backups; the "error" you experienced is likely due to a mismatched secure value, which the first 3 programs should be able to handle (the first 2, automatically while importing a save, although they're not perfect)

Would it be silly of me to make a back up using all of them to ensure one of them works? If it's a safer option, I'd be willing to do it.

Are both games on the same version?
Something similar happened to me with UM, it'd say that the save was corrupted then i updated and it worked

Now that you mention it, this may have been the thing. The one I made the back up of was not updated, and I tried to restore it on a more updated one. However, even trying to restore it back on the one it was backed up from failed afterwards and my progress was a RIP.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would it be silly of me to make a back up using all of them to ensure one of them works? If it's a safer option, I'd be willing to do it.
In general, having more than one backup (even better if on multiple devices) is smarter than only having one; but in this case, if you were to compare the files extracted by different tools, they would be 100% equal, just placed in different folders

Reactions: Crossvxm

Crossvxm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general, having more than one backup (even better if on multiple devices) is smarter than only having one; but in this case, if you were to compare the files extracted by different tools, they would be 100% equal, just placed in different folders

Sorry for the late reply. I've decided to go this path. For the most part, it looks like JKSV is going to be my go to as it is very basic. It was the first one I tried and it worked perfectly, backed up on one 3DS and successfully restored in the other without issues. Thank you both very much for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: