Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Old 3DS XL here.

After executing waithax (it's too long, god.)
I now go to safehax but it only leads me to get stuck on blackscreen.

Help?

EDIT: My files are from the holy bible.

Last edited by KanterZ,

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh? I know that Ctrtransfers are basically system-agnostic NAND restores, but I never really paid attention to what happens to user data.
Could be wrong on that one, if I am, sorry /shrug

Dont worry bro, common mistake, when you downgrade to 2.1 you can see that your content is still right there, (except a few games that the console somehow thinks its other games because... 2.1 old as shit).

you can also see this while doing region change, the content remains, but still a format is recommended, especially in old3ds, somehow the ram extended games crash if you dont format the console after region change.

if not mistaken (seriously, i think this is how it works but not really sure), crt transfer injects a nand, but retains the original secureinfo and movable.seed, that means the user data is still valid.

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
don't use Waithax! use Safehax+Fasthax.
But the holy bible said:

Get kernel11 access
  • If you are below version 11.0.0 or did an NFIRM downgrade earlier, do that by launching svchax (should finish almost instantly; may take many tries)
  • If you are between 11.0.0 and 11.1.0, do that by launching waithax (should take between 20 minutes and an hour; this depends on device)
I am on Ver 11.0.0-33

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the holy bible said:

Get kernel11 access
  • If you are below version 11.0.0 or did an NFIRM downgrade earlier, do that by launching svchax (should finish almost instantly; may take many tries)
  • If you are between 11.0.0 and 11.1.0, do that by launching waithax (should take between 20 minutes and an hour; this depends on device)
I am on Ver 11.0.0-33

Use safehax+fasthax to enter Decrypt9, and follow the 2.1.0 CTR Transfer from the holy bible (?) then just follow the rest of the guide.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
But the holy bible said:

Get kernel11 access
I am on Ver 11.0.0-33
As you said, right now, fasthax only works on 11.2
So you can update and use the zoogie's safehax (it's safehax with fasthax implemented)
or use the version listed on 3ds.guide (that is, running waithax and then the clean safehax)

What to do is up to you though

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still noone confirmed that fasthax+safehax working on 11.0..
Am i wrong?
The official fasthax isn't compatible with firmwares <11.2, so ...

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As you said, right now, fasthax only works on 11.2
So you can update and use the zoogie's safehax (it's safehax with fasthax implemented)
or use the version listed on 3ds.guide (that is, running waithax and then the clean safehax)

What to do is up to you though
That's what I'm doing.. Following the holy bible of Plailect, still..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use safehax+fasthax to enter Decrypt9, and follow the 2.1.0 CTR Transfer from the holy bible (?) then just follow the rest of the guide.
What does that exactly mean? Will you elaborate for me?
Thanks!

Reactions: Arubaro
D

Deleted User

I have a question !
My friends is on 11.2 O3DS, and i want to put him the menuhax.
When fasthax will be release, could he use menuhax & luma3DS directly ? Or do i need to tell him to downgrade to 9.2 ?

I mean, i saw that you say it would be useless to downgrade to 9.2 but it's with arm9loaderhax, if using only menuhax, it could work on 11.2 ?
For making this, it would be like :
- Inject fbi.cia
- Dump nand
- Install menuhax
- Start on Luma3DS

It would work on 11.2? That's my question :o Because menuhax maybe no longer works, and how menuhax & luma3DS could use safehax & fasthax? I mean menuhax start luma.3dsx and not safehax.3dsx & fasthax.3dsx, i am clear? :/

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont worry bro, common mistake, when you downgrade to 2.1 you can see that your content is still right there, (except a few games that the console somehow thinks its other games because... 2.1 old as shit).

you can also see this while doing region change, the content remains, but still a format is recommended, especially in old3ds, somehow the ram extended games crash if you dont format the console after region change.

if not mistaken (seriously, i think this is how it works but not really sure), crt transfer injects a nand, but retains the original secureinfo and movable.seed, that means the user data is still valid.
Ah, movable.sed! I knew it retained SecureInfo but forgot that one.
I haven't region changed since my original N3DS and the process was... complex back then.

But yeah, I get where I missed now, thanks.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm doing.. Following the holy bible of Plailect, still..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What does that exactly mean? Will you elaborate for me?
Thanks!
Just use soundhax to enter homebrew launcher then launch Safehax+Fasthax from Zoogie's (this will boot Decrypt9 if you followed the steps) from there just follow the 2.1.0 CTR Transfer guide from Plailect's and follow the rest of the guide to install A9LH.

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a question !
When fasthax will be release, could he use menuhax & luma3DS directly ? Or do i need to tell him to downgrade to 9.2 ?

I mean, i saw that you say it would be useless to downgrade to 9.2 but it's with arm9loaderhax, if using only menuhax, it could work on 11.2 ?
- Inject fbi.cia
- Dump nand
- Install menuhax
- Start on Luma3DS

It would work on 11.2? That's my question :o Because menuhax maybe no longer works, and how menuhax & luma3DS could use safehax & fasthax? I mean menuhax start luma.3dsx and not safehax.3dsx & fasthax.3dsx, i am clear? :/

there is absolutely no reason at this point to keep using menuhax+emunand, the arm9loaderhax installation right now is as fast and safe as its ever been.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question !

- Inject fbi.cia
- Dump nand
- Install menuhax
- Start on Luma3DS

9.2 is out of the picture now; we needed it for ARM9 and now we have ARM9 on 11.2.
The process is now:
  1. Put Decrypt9 on SD
  2. Run Safehax (and any prerequisites, but I think right now fasthax is built in?)
  3. Dump NAND
  4. 2.1 CTRTransfer
  5. A9LH
  6. Restore NAND
  7. Start Luma3DS (read: turn it back on because you have A9LH now and it's automatic)

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just use soundhax to enter homebrew launcher then launch Safehax+Fasthax from Zoogie's (this will boot Decrypt9 if you followed the steps) from there just follow the 2.1.0 CTR Transfer guide from Plailect's and follow the rest of the guide to install A9LH.
Is there a link for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j