Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

Dany-69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As you said, right now, fasthax only works on 11.2
So you can update and use the zoogie's safehax (it's safehax with fasthax implemented)
or use the version listed on 3ds.guide (that is, running waithax and then the clean safehax)

What to do is up to you though

The problem is that bbcali89 just updated to 11.2 in order to use the fasthax+safehax pack... but still black screen... :|

OSfrogOSsloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
9.2 is out of the picture now; we needed it for ARM9 and now we have ARM9 on 11.2.
The process is now:
  1. Put Decrypt9 on SD
  2. Run Safehax (and any prerequisites, but I think right now fasthax is built in?)
  3. Dump NAND
  4. 2.1 CTRTransfer
  5. A9LH
  6. Restore NAND
  7. Start Luma3DS (read: turn it back on because you have A9LH now and it's automatic)
Is it possible to use Luma without A9HL? I know it sounds weird, but can I boot SysNAND -> soundhax and then just run Luma from the HBL?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that bbcali89 just updated to 11.2 in order to use the fasthax+safehax pack... but still black screen... :|
There are multiple users with mixed reports... some saying it works first tries, others saying that's impossible.
I guess once fasthax is realy stable and the 3ds.guide get modified, will work for the most of us

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use Luma without A9HL? I know it sounds weird, but can I boot SysNAND -> soundhax and then just run Luma from the HBL?
Theoretically, you could; just use Safehax but use Luma's .bin and see what happens.
You'd also want to use EmuNAND9 to make an EmuNAND and use that, as SysNAND mode is dangerous without protection.

However, doing so is 175% not recommended, inconvenient, and if something goes wrong it's your own problem.

jacob1223

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I am confused..... Do I updated to 11.2, run fasthax and safe hax ........ or stay on 11.1 and use waithax and safehax?
WHen I run Safehax i get a black screen.

OSfrogOSsloth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Theoretically, you could; just use Safehax but use Luma's .bin and see what happens.
You'd also want to use EmuNAND9 to make an EmuNAND and use that, as SysNAND mode is dangerous without protection.

However, doing so is 175% not recommended, inconvenient, and if something goes wrong it's your own problem.
Well, how safe is the 2.1 downgrade? Has anyone randomly bricked their device?

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So let me get this straight.

I open soundhax, then I immediately open zoogie's safehax or should I still run waithax before I open zoogie's safehax?

Seepy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am confused..... Do I updated to 11.2, run fasthax and safe hax ........ or stay on 11.1 and use waithax and safehax?
WHen I run Safehax i get a black screen.

You can use the Fasthax+Safehax method if you wish to use it. Fasthax is compatible on all firmwares below 11.2

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, how safe is the 2.1 downgrade? Has anyone randomly bricked their device?
2.1 downgrade is very safe, as we're already running in ARM9 mode.
It's up there with restoring a NAND backup; so long as you don't pull the battery there's little to go wrong.

Random bricks came into place with OTPLess (which is no longer recommended) and older versions of SysDowngrader (which we don't use at all for this)

Snibunna7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I will buy a new SD card soon. Should I wait till I have the new sd card or should I try to downgrade now with the old sd card ? Do I need the old sd card after downgrading to use CFW?

D

Deleted User

9.2 is out of the picture now; we needed it for ARM9 and now we have ARM9 on 11.2.
The process is now:
  1. Put Decrypt9 on SD
  2. Run Safehax (and any prerequisites, but I think right now fasthax is built in?)
  3. Dump NAND
  4. 2.1 CTRTransfer
  5. A9LH
  6. Restore NAND
  7. Start Luma3DS (read: turn it back on because you have A9LH now and it's automatic)
there is absolutely no reason at this point to keep using menuhax+emunand, the arm9loaderhax installation right now is as fast and safe as its ever been.

Yes i know that with the plaitec guide, but with my own 2DS i did the downgrade to 2.1 etc... But my friends is living like 500km to i and i will use Teamviewer and skype to do the CFW on his 2DS and i don't want to risk anything with his 2DS, that's why i prefer use menuhax, isn't it possible to use menuhax + luma3DS on 11.2? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4