Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i know that with the plaitec guide, but with my own 2DS i did the downgrade to 2.1 etc... But my friends is living like 500km to i and i will use Teamviewer and skype to do the CFW on his 2DS and i don't want to risk anything with his 2DS, that's why i prefer use menuhax, isn't it possible to use menuhax + luma3DS on 11.2? :/
There's no guide outlining it [CFW without A9LH] at this time, and the risk [of A9LH] really is minimal.
I'd argue there's higher risk if you did have a MenuHax going, since it's a lot easier to break.

Once you run SafeHax (which you do either way), you just do a NAND backup then a CTRTransfer, and install A9LH immediately after.
I could see where you're going when it was DSiWare (which was still worth doing) but this is the simplest it's ever been.

Last edited by dkabot, , Reason: Clarification

gcgspain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To those getting a blank screen, it seems soundhax gets in the way o decrypt so one way to get around this is download from the eshop steel diver subwars and install steelhax. Then use that entry point to access Homebrew Launcher and run safehax. In first time.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those getting a blank screen, it seems soundhax gets in the way o decrypt so one way to get around this is download from the eshop steel diver subwars and install steelhax. Then use that entry point to access Homebrew Launcher and run safehax. In first time.
lol if this is it im snap lol

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Used soundhax just fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol if this is it im snap lol
No, that's not it.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah i figured this wasn't it.
Seems it's just very unstable. well. im out guys. pm me if a newer release of fasthax comes out. im go play pokemon sun on my n3ds and crash.
No. Until tonight, I'll upload a zip containing everything you need to have to install a9lh with this, excluding 2.1 files.

csgolawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a question, sorry if it is so noobish but i wanna make sure. Once i run safehax and boot into decrypt9, can i launch a CFW?

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Until tonight, I'll upload a zip containing everything you need to have to install a9lh with this, excluding 2.1 files.
alright pm me when that's available. thanks bro.
i havent kept up much with this waithax/fasthax/safehax/ etc.
im assuming that's the official release of it? tonight

Got a question, sorry if it is so noobish but i wanna make sure. Once i run safehax and boot into decrypt9, can i launch a CFW?
https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer follow this to the letter after successfully running DECRYPT9
TO THE LETTER.
do not miss or alter any step.

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
alright pm me when that's available. thanks bro.
i havent kept up much with this waithax/fasthax/safehax/ etc.
im assuming that's the official release of it? tonight

https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer follow this to the letter after successfully running DECRYPT9
TO THE LETTER.
do not miss or alter any step.
No, the tonight's release is the pre-alpha beta of it.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take that like as a yes, Arubaro. :P This is just a fun, not-serious beta, it might not work with everybody. In my experience, it takes about ~30s to launch, but that's not bad at all compared to waithax. I haven't tested on new/old 11.0-11.1, but they might work since the offsets are there. Source included of course.
Thanks for your hard work, but it just freezes on black every single time after attempting to load arm9.bin (which I got from the latest release of Decrypt9). I'm using an O3DSXL on v11.2.0-35U

Hyoretsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so what release is this lmao
this isn't the alpha then wtf is this lmao
It's built from some commit of safehax. Don't exactly know which one, but it works.

2DS 11.1 with waithax= black screen
11.2 with modded version of safehax (that include fasthax) = black screen
Wait 'till tonight (at max). I'll upload a zip containing the files I had when I successfully installed a9lh on my brother's 11.2.0-35U 2DS. Then, if it still doesn't works, we can assume it's not user error.

Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2