RxTools to A9LH?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Inexplicit, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Inexplicit
    OP

Inexplicit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    I'm very sorry to toss yet another question into the vast a9lh question sea. However, after lurking the forum for several weeks, I have failed to find an answer to my question. It seems like everyone is just starting out fresh with no previous hacks.

How do I go from RxTools to a9lh? It's my understanding that a9lh is not compatible with emunand, so how would I go about transferring all my data? I'm not exactly ecstatic to risk losing my 50+ hour Tales of the Abyss save, so like, what do I do? Is there a guide that addresses my specific problem? Sorry if the answer is blatantly obvious, I'm sure the community is tired of answering dumb questions.

Thanks in advance.

2. Khangaroo

Khangaroo $ORIGINALTITLE

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    192.168.1.3 (don't ddos me!)
    As long as you backup everything (and i mean everything), you'll be fine.

Inexplicit likes this.
  3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I moved from rxTools to A9LH with no problems at all, changed from rxTools cfw to Luma3DS cfw.

Inexplicit likes this.
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    There is a build (I am not sure if it's public) that supports A9LH, but does not come with FIRM0/1 protection. So basically allowing an update from Nintendo to brick your system.
    Here is a guide for going from stock to A9LH. A9LH is compatible with emuNAND, so long as the CFW you are running still works with emuNAND, like Luma3DS. You can transfer your emuNAND to your sysNAND using decrypt9 after installing A9LH and keep your A9LH install with the option that mentions it.
    The guide is blunt and simple to understand with most common problems being addressed as you go along.

Inexplicit likes this.
  5. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Inexplicit likes this.
  6. ThePanchamBros

ThePanchamBros Hates the Undertale Fandom

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Under your bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)