Hacking My 3DS's internal folder names are way different than everyone elses.

jayhasgoneferal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Forgive my English, I don't quite know how to describe this issue.

For the past week or so I've been attempting to do various things that require going into folders like the Luma3DS folder and the Nintendo3DS folders on the SD card. Yet I haven't managed to complete a single one of them because for some reason, my file names are totally different. For instance, I had to put a file in luma/titles/0004013000001602, but I didn't have a single folder that had a 401 at the start. None were really even close. Same for when I tried to do something that required placing a file in a specific folder inside the Nintendo3DS folder. There was nothing even close. Did I set up my 3DS wrong or something? Or is it because I don't have an American 3DS?
I'd appreciate any help. Or if I'm just being dumb, tell me.

New 3DS XL, European/Australian model.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I see you are trying to use ShutTheCamUp. Is your version of luma under v13? If so just create a folder called 0004013000001602 in luma/titles.

If your Luma is over v13 then simply rename the ShutTheCamUp app to 0004013000001602.ips and place it in luma/sysmodules

As for the other issue you have with the Nintendo3DS folder this is because whatever patch you are trying to do is for a different region than the game you have installed that is why you can't find the correct folder.

jayhasgoneferal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah... so the answer was that simple. Well, at least my guess about it being regional was right.
Sorry for the late reply (I don't even know if my reply is late by western standards), I was going to reply as soon as you answered, but I was busy with the ol' "Among Us with my sibs at 3AM even though I have a 9AM Algebra tomorrow". A common occurrence in my life.
Half awake right now so sorry if I went on a weird tangent like I sometimes do when deliriously sleepy.
Thank you for the help.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto