Hacking Files missing from SD card, 3DS won't boot

DuoDynamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you test the empty card with h2testw, as suggested? There is no point in trying to do anything with it otherwise.
I left the card doing a slow format on Guiformat and went to sleep. I'm gonna run h2testw now.

I should add that since you are using an Old 3DS, you may also consider the possibility that your SD card adapter is faulty, if you are using one of those with a microSD card.
That would be weird since the adapter came with the card I just bought yesterday, but it's not impossible. If the problem persists I'll try other adapters.

I'm glad and relieved my 3DS works, at least.
Post automatically merged:

Well, I checked the card with h2testw and it was a faulty card after all. I returned it and bought a new one from a more trustworthy seller. Now waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Last edited by DuoDynamo,
Reactions: CoolMe

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Well, I checked the card with h2testw and it was a faulty card after all. I returned it and bought a new one from a more trustworthy seller. Now waiting for it to arrive.

Thanks to everyone who helped!
Don't order SD cards from Amazon EVER. Literally every seller has some fake cards in their stock accidentally due to how Amazon distributes product, and it is possible to get a fake card no matter who you buy from on Amazon. Buy it from a brick and mortar store, this is always your best bet.

DuoDynamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't order SD cards from Amazon EVER. Literally every seller has some fake cards in their stock accidentally due to how Amazon distributes product, and it is possible to get a fake card no matter who you buy from on Amazon. Buy it from a brick and mortar store, this is always your best bet.
The new card I just ordered was online too, but it had like 50+ reviews from users who tested it, saying it's the real deal. It was more expensive than the fake one that gave me issues too, so I guess this one's fine. If not, the website I'm buying from has very consumer-friendly refund policies, and the two or three times (this one included) I've had to refund stuff in there, I had no issues at all with the process. I even got my money back for the fake one already.

But yeah, if I get SOOL and this one presents issues too (which I find unlikely. Maybe. Hopefully.), I'll buy it from a physical store near me.

EDIT: For the record, I just installed Luma on CTRNand as per CoolMe's suggestion. Better safe than sorry.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I returned it and bought a new one from a more trustworthy seller. Now waiting for it to arrive.
Don't forget to test it with h2testw just the same.
EDIT: For the record, I just installed Luma on CTRNand as per CoolMe's suggestion. Better safe than sorry.
You need Luma3DS installed on the ctrnand so your 3ds can boot in the case when the sd card is not inserted.

DuoDynamo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't forget to test it with h2testw just the same.
Will do. I'll use it with every new piece of storage media I get from now on.
Really saves you a huge hassle such as the one I just went through.
Post automatically merged:

Tested my new card with h2testw and everything checks out. It's now inside of my 3DS working like a charm.
My saves got corrupted during the initial transfer to the bad card, but that doesn't bother me much. The worst thing I lost was my Picross 3D progress, which only gives me an excuse to play through it again (I'm a sucker for Picross).

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up