Help! .cht files arent being read by snes9x(3ds port) despite me putting it in the correctly named folder like the bottom screen instructed me to do

Funnyfox04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get cheats working on snes9x via my modded 3ds but despite putting the cheat file in the properly named folder like 9x itself instructed me to do, it still opens up without any cheats in the bottom screen menu, still giving me the "no cheats are installed to get cheats .cht yadda yadda-" message. Ive tried taking the game file itself in and out of the folder but with no results. Is there something im not doing or doing wrong?

(here's the folder in question)
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 7.13.45 PM.png

SOLEDEZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Don't know if you resolve this but, yes... the file name laks the " ! " and the (USA).

Just rename the cheat file exactly as the game. (do a copy paste but keep the file extension as .cht or .chx )

If you get more problems after this there is a post here that explains more. I tried to link it to you but since i'm new the site doesn't let me paste the URL's :(

This is literally my second post O_O

im gonna paste the post title so you can copy paste it in the broswer. Good Luck!

"Question about SNES9X for the 3DS Regarding .CHT Files Please."​

Funnyfox04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if you resolve this but, yes... the file name laks the " ! " and the (USA).

Just rename the cheat file exactly as the game. (do a copy paste but keep the file extension as .cht or .chx )

If you get more problems after this there is a post here that explains more. I tried to link it to you but since i'm new the site doesn't let me paste the URL's :(

This is literally my second post O_O

im gonna paste the post title so you can copy paste it in the broswer. Good Luck!

"Question about SNES9X for the 3DS Regarding .CHT Files Please."​

Tysm for the tips! Despite my efforts, I looked at the thread and tried renaming my files to the EXACT rom name and changing cht to chx and whatnot. it still says the "no cheats enabled message"! I even checked the cht/chx files on notepad and there were no ":" in site! It's like my snes9x copy is possesed and hates me so it refuses to enter anything i add>:C!

backupgani

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Finally got to place the correct location for .chx/.cht for cheats to be recognized by snes9x for 3ds.

in PC, with your connected microSD card check for:

<your-sdcard-letter>:\snes9x_3ds_data

make note of the _data

mine is:

M:\snes9x_3ds_data

this folder was auto created by the cia installer.

whenever you play for the first time an SNES game, it will auto-create a cheat folder of the same name inside the snes9x_3ds_data with the name of the game.

I played Aladdin (USA).sfc from my Games\SNES folder

So it looked like:

<your-sdcard-letter>:\snes9x_3ds_data\Aladdin (USA)\

put inside the Aladdin (USA) folder your .cht or .chx

I put both but .chx takes priority and more compatible than .cht if both exists.

Note: ROM (.sfc) can be saved in any folder. I just put mine in Games\SNES

Everything must be the same name.

Aladdin (USA).sfc = the rom (stored in ANY folder you like)

Aladdin (USA) = the cheat game folder where you will put .chx . This is found inside the folder named snes9x_3ds_data

Aladdin (USA).chx = the cheat itself

Last note: You don't have to initially play the rom to auto-create its cheat folder of the same name. Just make sure the folder you create is the same name with the game and the .chx also the same name and correctly put inside its specific cheat folder.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that I'm using 1.30 version. Updating to 1.51.1 of snes98x seems to lost its ability to recognize the save location of chx. i tried every possible folders where to put the chx to no avail. Reverted back to v1. 30

Attachments

• 20240121-185617.jpg
    20240121-185617.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240121-185617 (1).jpg
    20240121-185617 (1).jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240121-185806.jpg
    20240121-185806.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by backupgani,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1