Hacking Need help, modded 3ds won’t boot ds software black screen only

Imhereforhelp123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im not sure if Open_agb did this or checkpoint cheats but now when I try doing anything ds related it just boots to a black screen and need to turn off my 3ds and yes I have tried TWLFix and went to the troubleshooting section website but have no clue what im looking for there. More info on what I was doing before: abg was not working properly had to move the files alot rename it and place it on root or just place it on root I couldn’t figure it out so I left it, “nds games were still working” I then today saw it when I tried booting gm9 and then opened it played a gba game then left it, later that day I was playing pokemon alpha sapphire and thought it would be fun to add cheats, went to check point saved then added cheats I opened my trainer card and game gave me that scary looking error screen so I turned off my 3ds and played again, then I went to TWL menu it just gave me a black screen and couldn’t exit out only held power button for 30 seconds to leave, this also happens when playing a nds cartridge and nds download play. Sorry for long explanation
Post automatically merged:

Ok whoever finds this thread Im not sure what was blocking me but I fixed it by deleting a file. I have 3dshell installed it would show the error when launching it so I deleted the 3dshell folder and oppened 3dshell app without deleting the app just the folder. I oppened it and it worked I cheaked and a file was deleted but another wasn’t so maybe it was blocking some transaction. If this was wrong I also used TWPatch and just changed a filter and checked TWL menu but it was the same black screen so not sure if TWPatch hellped but just to mention it. Hope this helps tho!

Last edited by Imhereforhelp123,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So im not sure if Open_agb did this or checkpoint cheats but now when I try doing anything ds related it just boots to a black screen and need to turn off my 3ds and yes I have tried TWLFix and went to the troubleshooting section website but have no clue what im looking for there. More info on what I was doing before: abg was not working properly had to move the files alot rename it and place it on root or just place it on root I couldn’t figure it out so I left it, “nds games were still working” I then today saw it when I tried booting gm9 and then opened it played a gba game then left it, later that day I was playing pokemon alpha sapphire and thought it would be fun to add cheats, went to check point saved then added cheats I opened my trainer card and game gave me that scary looking error screen so I turned off my 3ds and played again, then I went to TWL menu it just gave me a black screen and couldn’t exit out only held power button for 30 seconds to leave, this also happens when playing a nds cartridge and nds download play. Sorry for long explanation
Download the latest update files for your 3DS depending on what model you have. Search for files with the prefix "00048" and copy those CIA files onto your SD card, and install them to your 3DS. Then it should be able to boot DS-mode again. :D

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest update files for your 3DS depending on what model you have. Search for files with the prefix "00048" and copy those CIA files onto your SD card, and install them to your 3DS. Then it should be able to boot DS-mode again. :D
Hey, I'm not running Open_agb but I'm having the same problem... DS games that were installed using NDS Forwarder are now just going to a black screen. TM++ crashes to the "Power Off" confirmation screen when I try to start it. Where to I find the "00048" files you're talking about? Tried running the TWFix again and no change.

EDIT - Not sure what got corrupted or how, but dumping my entire "_nds" folder from my SD card and rebuilding it with the files from the latest versions of NDS forwarder and TM++ fixed the problem

Last edited by Avatar94,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto