Hacking My SDcard just died. Whats next?

J4115

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
(Sorry if my questions have already been answered in another post, if so I appreciate that you redirected me to that post)

As the title says, my 128GB Kingston SDcard just died (I presume due to overheating) and now I have doubts about what I should do next. I also accept recommendations on which brand should I buy the new one.

While ordering a new one I wanted to make sure what steps I should follow, I understand that I can do a data transfer when I have the new one but I'm not really sure how to do it if the old one is unusable (My PC cannot read it and asked me to format it, I have not done it yet). My biggest concern right now is whether I will be able to keep my save files and if I have to do anything specific to back them up. I really appreciate the help.

Last edited by J4115,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

J4115

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This is the part where I always get lost, is there a way to identify if my saves are in sysnand or emunand?

Also I tried to use lockpick to get the keys but I always get an error to get the file on the sdcard, it can't seem to modify its contents.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you put the sd card in your computer do you get one or two extra drive letters? If you get two it would indicate that you have a partition based emummc and then the saves are probably on there. Windows can't read that partition but nxnandmanager can, provided that it is not damaged. You will need the keys from your Switch so you have to use Lockpick with another SD card and copy prod.keys to your computer
Advertisement

J4115

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Right, it's just one letter so I assume there is no partition, thanks for clarifying that for me. Right now I'm having problems getting the keys with lockpick but I hadn't thought about using another sdcard, thanks for the idea.

I will try that and hope to have good results, thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo