Noob question about giving Hekgate switch to children

phester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got my sd card fixed and started playing around with Hekgate. I backup emmc and keys and have it all in a safe place.

I only have syscfw and emufw options . and currently online is disabled.

If I want to let my child download fortnight or another nintendo game (pokemon) etc. She will have to do it on emmc?

What is the best safest way if she must go online. Should I add OFW to hekate. I then think my biggest concern would be firmware updates if she accidentally allows them it will burn fuses. I am on 17 but I know there is already 17.01. I dont know what the cause / effect way back would be if she flashed to a new firmware

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bypass modchip hold VOL +/- at the same time while powering console. That will boot you into OFW and give you eShop access the safest way be sure not to update OFW it it will cause you emmc headaches.

EDT: once you see the OFW logo splash you can let go of all buttons.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my sd card fixed and started playing around with Hekgate. I backup emmc and keys and have it all in a safe place.

I only have syscfw and emufw options . and currently online is disabled.

If I want to let my child download fortnight or another nintendo game (pokemon) etc. She will have to do it on emmc?

What is the best safest way if she must go online. Should I add OFW to hekate. I then think my biggest concern would be firmware updates if she accidentally allows them it will burn fuses. I am on 17 but I know there is already 17.01. I dont know what the cause / effect way back would be if she flashed to a new firmware

If you have a clean NAND you can just go with the stock boot option by adding the line to hekate ipl.

[(Stock)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

phester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since I am at the beginning of this journey, I might as well find out how to do an update now. I have read people have done the 17 - 17.01 without issue.

Do you do the stock side through the nintendo store or should it be side loaded in from cfw using dbi or something similar and keep fuses unburnt

But from my early reading if I remember correctly my emmu backup becomes useless as the fuses will be different

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I am at the beginning of this journey, I might as well find out how to do an update now. I have read people have done the 17 - 17.01 without issue.

Do you do the stock side through the nintendo store or should it be side loaded in from cfw using dbi or something similar and keep fuses unburnt

But from my early reading if I remember correctly my emmu backup becomes useless as the fuses will be different

Fuse would burn on when you update sysnand firmware on a non unpatched unit, what you got? V1, V2, Lite, OLED?

phester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a V2 with Picofly, - just to understand the implications of a fuse burn. It means I cant downgrade, emmc backup is useless (make a new one) what else

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a V2 with Picofly, - just to understand the implications of a fuse burn. It means I cant downgrade, emmc backup is useless (make a new one) what else

Correct, fuse is for anti downgrade purpose, for example firmware 17.0.x have fuse count of 19, so expect burnt fuse on v2 is 19 if you are on firmware 17.0.x

phester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so if i move to 17.0.1 no new burnt fuse. But is the emmc backup now useless and go make a new one?

Yes fuse count is 19 or HDS 17.0.0.0+

I can update the sd card using an online guide offline, but just want to be clear on the emmc

I am on the latest Hats pack and just starting to mess with the Ini to put on the stock setting etc would also love to have a go at android but I have not found anyone posting having a typical switch with a hekate +atmosphere and also android
Post automatically merged:

While I wait for any insight to the above I have done the following.

Made emulated EMMC auto boot, if a person wants to play online with original games, then you can hold vol+ , Vol- while you press the power button to boot OFW.

Last edited by phester,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1