How to make a 100% backup of an Atmosphere install?

swspjcd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read this thoroughly as I have tried multiple methods and nothing seems to work. I have a full Atmosphere install with several games install on EMUNAND. The install is on a 1tb SDCARD and it is working flawlessly. What I want to do is to make a backup of my install. I have tried all of the following and even though the files are 100% identical, when I boot up my switch with the duplicated sdcard, most of the games appear to not be installed.
Methods I have tried:
Using robocopy and the /MIR option to copy all of the data from one 1tb sdcard to another. Running fixarch in hekate after.
Doing the same with XCOPY. I verified all of the files were identical.
Using a disk imaging program like GHOST to make an image of one sdcard and then restored it on another sdcard. I tried several different disk imaging programs.

I am clearly missing something but no matter what I have tried, no method I have tried will make a working copy/backup of my existing Atmosphere
install.
I am hoping I am not the only one who has tried this and maybe someone found a working method?
The only way I found that works is very intensive and time consuming as I had to make backups of all of my game saves, reinstalled all of my games from scratch, and then restored my game save backups on a new sdcard. Since there are a lot of games installed, this can take days.

Reactions: champsblinder02

autumns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

Follow the Hekate steps up to step 7, put all the files from the "backup" folder in a safe location, this is what u need to restore the hidden emunand partition. Use these files and follow steps 7-22 to restore ur emunand if you ever need to.

Any games "installed to system/nand" on ur emunand are actually installed in this hidden partition, not the actual switch nand. And any games "installed to sd card" on ur emunand will be in the /emuMMC/XXXX/Nintendo folder (with XXXX being something like "ER00", "RAW1", or "RAW2", etc.). To backup these games as well as any other atmosphere and homebrew files make a backup of all the visible files on ur sd card as well.

If you have the backup folder from hekate and the visible files from your sd card then you have everything you need to restore your emunand to exactly how it is when you made the backup if anything ever goes wrong.

champsblinder02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

Follow the Hekate steps up to step 7, put all the files from the "backup" folder in a safe location, this is what u need to restore the hidden emunand partition. Use these files and follow steps 7-22 to restore ur emunand if you ever need to.

Any games "installed to system/nand" on ur emunand are actually installed in this hidden partition, not the actual switch nand. And any games "installed to sd card" on ur emunand will be in the /emuMMC/XXXX/Nintendo folder (with XXXX being something like "ER00", "RAW1", or "RAW2", etc.). To backup these games as well as any other atmosphere and homebrew files make a backup of all the visible files on ur sd card as well.

If you have the backup folder from hekate and the visible files from your sd card then you have everything you need to restore your emunand to exactly how it is when you made the backup if anything ever goes wrong.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly. I was wondering if I can have a backup just copying the files like the OP asked.

Currently I have the NAND backup, games and saves individually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Coffee flavored ice cream inside of your coffee