"Data on this microsd is corrupt and cannot be used. The corrupted data will be deleted. " After updating fw 16.1 to fw 17.00

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to solve this issue on my unpatched Switch running Atmosphere 1.6.2 and fw 16.1.0. Using a 1TB SanDisk microsd card, fat32 formatted with hidden Emunand partition. Been doing fw updates up to fw 16.1.0 without any issues but when i tried updating to fw 17.00 and rebooting after update applied, i get the following message after i click three times into Home screen. My installed games are showing but with cloud symbol to re-download. If i select Delete, it will remove all of my installed games. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I do have a full nand backup if the Emunand partition and sdcard files.

Attachments

• uQY8x8jc.jpg_small.jpg
    uQY8x8jc.jpg_small.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 36

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
No, I meant what is your sd card format, exFAT or FAT32?
He said "Using a 1TB SanDisk microsd card, fat32 formatted with hidden Emunand partition."
Ibelieved too, it was another borred exFAT related corruption..but apparently no

@Vger2 what did you use to update the firmware? and we are ok you tell about your emunand?

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I meant what is your sd card format, exFAT or FAT32?
SD card is Fat32.
Post automatically merged:

He said "Using a 1TB SanDisk microsd card, fat32 formatted with hidden Emunand partition."
Ibelieved too, it was another borred exFAT related corruption..but apparently no

@Vger2 what did you use to update the firmware? and we are ok you tell about your emunand?
Did upated from fw 16.1.0 to fw 17.00 using Daybreak.

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your case you would want to do a h2testw if you never done one before prior to using the card.
Don't think it's an issue with sdcard corruption. If i restore my backed up full Emunand hidden partition and sdcard files, i can restore my Switch back to Atmosphere 1.6.2 on fw 16.1.0. Boots back up fine, no issues and all games good. It's only when i do the fw 17.00 update is that I'm getting sdcard corruption message on reboot after update. That's my issue. If sdcard was corrupted, i would have issues upon restoring my Switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it's an issue with sdcard corruption. If i restore my backed up full Emunand hidden partition and sdcard files, i can restore my Switch back to Atmosphere 1.6.2 on fw 16.1.0. Boots back up fine, no issues and all games good. It's only when i do the fw 17.00 update is that I'm getting sdcard corruption message on reboot after update. That's my issue. If sdcard was corrupted, i would have issues upon restoring my Switch.

It is data corruption, it happens more often on exFAT cards than FAT32, something got corrupted that why you are getting that message.

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
It is data corruption, it happens more often on exFAT cards than FAT32, something got corrupted that why you are getting that message.
Ok, would sdcard corruption still be there after restoring my Switch? Also, if i run the h2testw on sdcard, will it wipe whatever is on sdcard? Thanks

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring the NAND won't fix it, the problem is the data on the card.
Ok, I'll go ahead and check the sdcard with h2testw. Where can i get this program? Also, will it fix any issues or just let me know that sdcard is bad and needs to be replaced. Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll go ahead and check the sdcard with h2testw. Where can i get this program? Also, will it fix any issues or just let me know that sdcard is bad and needs to be replaced. Thanks

You can grab it from here, but first backup all your data on your computer or an external HDD. You need to delete that hidden partition to test the whole card, anyway how much you pay for the 1TB, average cost is $80-100

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can grab it from here, but first backup all your data on your computer or an external HDD. You need to delete that hidden partition to test the whole card, anyway how much you pay for the 1TB, average cost is $80-100

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html
Yes, will delete hidden partition and format card again before running test. Should i format back to Fat32 or to exFAT before i test? Thanks

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can leave it as FAT32.
👌 Appreciate your feedback and help. Will let you know results on my SDcard. Thanks again

You can leave it as FAT32.
Forgot to ask you. If results in h2testw test come back ok, can i restore my backup or would the backup be corrupted? Thanks

Last edited by Vger2,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
👌 Appreciate your feedback and help. Will let you know results on my SDcard. Thanks again

Forgot to ask you. If results in h2testw test come back ok, can i restore my backup or would the backup be corrupted? Thanks

Restoring the NAND doesn't fix data corruption, you don't need to restore the NAND, it is unnecessary, if you deleted CFW files and put back new files and it still throw the same message then it is probably within your Nintendo folder as some data are corrupted.

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring the NAND doesn't fix data corruption, you don't need to restore the NAND, it is unnecessary, if you deleted CFW files and put back new files and it still throw the same message then it is probably within your Nintendo folder as some data are corrupted.
Yes, i also suspect it's not in the cfw files, but in the Nintendo folder. Ive done just as you mentioned. Did a clean install of Atmosphere files but still had error on update. Thanks

Vger2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Ran h2testw on my 1TB sdcard and it checked out ok. Noticed that after restorating my backup & cfw files on switch there were quite a few games showing corrupted data on check thru the Switch's Data Management feature. Strange is that they all ran without any issues. Don't know if this what was causing the error about corrupted data on sdcard after updating to fw 17.00. That or the updated sigpatches for fw 17.00 weren't correct. Anyway, decided to start all over and wipe, format and reinstall everything back. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators