Hacking Rxtools sysnand + sysupdater = Brick or profit?

D

Deleted User

So is this software safe/foolproof if you do it right or have people had random bricks after following the rules completely and getting the right files? I don't want to risk a Christmas 3ds to unstable software.

D

Deleted-236924

So is this software safe/foolproof if you do it right or have people had random bricks after following the rules completely and getting the right files? I don't want to risk a Christmas 3ds to unstable software.
It should be.
Bricks happen mainly if people run sysupdater while firmlaunch is enabled, or if their update .cias are bad somehow (or let's say they installed the wrong update files for the wrong 3DS, such as N3DS update pack on O3DS, or I think maybe the wrong region files. I don't know if installing a full Japanese .cia update pack on an European or US 3DS could cause a brick, for example.)
Make sure you got the right update pack, make sure the files aren't corrupted, make sure you are in rxTools DevMode/Pasta mode, or Pasta CFW without firmlaunch, then it should be fine.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

It should be.
Bricks happen mainly if people run sysupdater while firmlaunch is enabled, or if their update .cias are bad somehow (or let's say they installed the wrong update files for the wrong 3DS, such as N3DS update pack on O3DS, or I think maybe the wrong region files. I don't know if installing a full Japanese .cia update pack on an European or US 3DS could cause a brick, for example.)
Make sure you got the right update pack, make sure the files aren't corrupted, make sure you are in rxTools DevMode/Pasta mode, or Pasta CFW without firmlaunch, then it should be fine.
Would you know if I could find o3DS update files on that ISO site? Last I hear Nintendo removed the 9.0-9.2 update files from NUS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-