Hacking RxTools 3.0 will have emuNAND 9.5+ support on n3DS

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can't Nintendo just patch the kexploit and change the keys again on the next update, putting us back on square one?
Luckily for us, Nintendo can't change those keys after the console has left the factory.
The kexploit can and will be patched, but who cares about that. We're already on 9.2.

Reactions: Deleted User

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the emunand and all of that running, but could i unlink my sysnand and my emunand while being able to keep my sysnand? When i reset my sysnand, and restore it, it relinks.

gieve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the emunand and all of that running, but could i unlink my sysnand and my emunand while being able to keep my sysnand? When i reset my sysnand, and restore it, it relinks.

Find and install tinyformat.CIA and format your emunand, that way your sysnand is your original system, and your emu is a new 'device'.

By formating your sysnand and then restoring it you are undoing the format. If you want to keep your sysnand on your sysnand you need to format your emunand using tinyformat.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find and install tinyformat.CIA and format your emunand, that way your sysnand is your original system, and your emu is a new 'device'.

By formating your sysnand and then restoring it you are undoing the format. If you want to keep your sysnand on your sysnand you need to format your emunand using tinyformat.
link...................? Alot of references but no actual downloads.

Edit: nvm got it

Last edited by Giodude,

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I still dont follow, I mean they managed to change them the last time, why is this time any different? Im guessing its a hardware thing and they changed the old key on 9.5.
Last time they didn't change them, they enforced preexisting keys. They were heavily encrypted with another, console specific key.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last time they didn't change them, they enforced preexisting keys. They were heavily encrypted with another, console specific key.

Ok, so whats stopping them to enforce another crypto layer? Is this the final straw or can they throw something else at us like they did the last time, like another layer or whatnot.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's stopping them is that adding another layer of crypto at this point is impossible...

Let's put it this way, to add another layer of crypto at this point that would be effective in any meaningful way would require them to release an entirely new set of hardware

Last edited by Insidious611,

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so whats stopping them to enforce another crypto layer? Is this the final straw or can they throw something else at us like they did the last time, like another layer or whatnot.
If they do we can get them easily since we know how to get them (same way we got 9.5 keys). But more than likely we're fine forever.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There's simply no way to add another layer. All keys are in use and all checks that can be added already are.

Reactions: kiwiis

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that the emunand is formatted and unlinked, How would i go about installing fbi? I usually install it by injecting the fbi from sysnand to emunand.

Kikario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't work on N3DS emuNAND.
Yes it does.... Im running a 9.1 JN3DS and I play GBA games on it all the time. I unlinked my nands and installed GBA games to both of them, then I launch them from the emunand, you just have to wait a little while, they can take time to load up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol